Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US]Server for sale.. maybe - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US]Server for sale.. maybe

Comments

• does 1U-4U not count as a 1U colo?

• If you think you can get better pricing elsewhere, good for you. Go there, nobody here gives a rat's ass what you do, so let's try to avoid filling this thread with useless whining and complaining.

Guess what? In the real world, prices vary.

• @Cirium said: does 1U-4U not count as a 1U colo?

I think their price is $45 :)

• Its obvious that their are different prices.
    But the last time I checked having options didn't kill anybody.
    But maybe thats just me.

• @Cirium said: Its obvious that their are different prices.

But the last time I checked having options didn't kill anybody.
    But maybe thats just me.

Also - fact of the matter is I am not really trying to compete in this market, I just know I'm offering a crazy ridiculous low price as a favor for someone here on LET to reduce my expenses until I can fill out my rack.

• @Corey

I have absolutely no problem with that. I just didn't think I'd get whacked for offering my opinion on what is the cheapest.

:)

• @Cirium Well, you did! So move along :P

• @24khost

Lesson Learned!
    Never say anything slightly against corey because he has a pet to defend him!
    :P

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

@Corey I appreciate the cheap "rental" fee, so it's sorta what I expect. I pay $60 for colo in Dallas at another DC for about the same specs, but each additional TB of bandwidth is $5. $40 is great for colo though, so I'll decide and get back to you on that one.

• Nope @Cirium not a pet! I just like kicking people when they are down.

• @Cirium said: @24khost

Lesson Learned!

:P

I wish! Noone here likes me.

• @RobertJFClarke said: @Corey I appreciate the cheap "rental" fee, so it's sorta what I expect. I pay $60 for colo in Dallas at another DC for about the same specs, but each additional TB of bandwidth is $5. $40 is great for colo though, so I'll decide and get back to you on that one.

Thanks Robert I hope it works out for you.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Could always colo with Dacentec

$30 2Tb bandwidth 1Gbps

https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/colocation/&step=0

@MartinD What model are the drives?

• @Fliphost said: Could always colo with Dacentec

$30 2Tb bandwidth 1Gbps

https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/colocation/&step=0

Lol I give up.

• @Corey: how many IPs would be available?

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited November 2012

If only my post had anything to do with him.

/facepalms are free.

Let's give this thread back to the OP who is clearly attempting to use it to sell a server.

• @Fliphost said: @MartinD What model are the drives?

It's not powered up at the minute so I can't get you an exact model but they are WD's. I'll check our inventory to see if the model numbers are there and edit this post.

• @Damian said: @Corey: how many IPs would be available?

Unlimited with justification.

@Corey Can I have a /8 for SEO hosting ;)

/troll

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited November 2012

@Fliphost said: @Corey Can I have a /8 for SEO hosting ;)

/troll

At $1 per IP I can make it happen :)... but SEO hosting isn't valid justification

@Corey Exactly :P

Imagine the $ at $1 per ip lol.

• @Fliphost said: @Corey Exactly :P

Imagine the $ at $1 per ip lol.

Yea I would make it a personal mission to go out and buy ips from other providers for say .25 cent each and then route them all back home for 75% profit :).... heck I could even buy OVER half of them for $1 each and still make a few mil :)

• No dice on the model numbers I'm afraid - they're not listed in my inventory. To be fair, it was never a production server so that's why.

@MartinD understandable its alright. Know how old they are by chance?

• Same age as the machine itself.. around a year old :)

• Little bump here :)

• 1U Asus Chassis
    Xeon 3470
    16GB Ram
    2 x 1TB Drives

If anyone is interested I will do a rent to own on @MartinD's server. We will buy the server from @MartinD - and you can rent it from us @ $80/mo for 6 months with 1 IPV4, 5TB of Bandwidth in our dallas facility and you will own the server afterwards and can either choose to move it out of our colo or renegotiate colo price.

• Sorry but isn't this post suppose to be in the Offers section, and it should count as one of the offers you are allowed to post every 14 days.

It also shouldn't allowed to be "bumped" just like an offer cannot.

• @FTN_Kevin said: Sorry but isn't this post suppose to be in the Offers section, and it should count as one of the offers you are allowed to post every 14 days.

It also shouldn't allowed to be "bumped" just like an offer cannot.

Does this post bother you? I haven't seen these types of posts become a problem yet so I don't know why they should be in the 'offers' section.

Maybe we could make a new section called 'hardware'?