Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows Remote Desktop Server or Windows 7 Hosting in the UK?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows Remote Desktop Server or Windows 7 Hosting in the UK?

DeorDeor Member
edited November 2012 in General

I have a customer who is looking to host some accounting software in 'the cloud' so they can give access to it to their clients. It would need to run a full windows session, so id like some input on trusted/reliable hosts that could offer this in the UK.

Im thinking either several smaller windows 7 desktop instances for different clients, maybe with the possibility of sharing files. Or, one larger instance or server 2008 set up for remote desktop server.

Space/bandwidth, not too sure at the moment as we are still discussing how many users etc. but must be a UK DC.

I'm already looking at Edis but any input appreciated.

Comments

• I would host my own dedicated. Just dont trust anyone with accounting data.

Probably would use a TPM module.

Or you should buy a KVM service and encrypt everything, keeping a backup key in a vault.

I learned it the hard way

• Yeah dedicated is another option im thinking of, but really, even on a dedi that's out of your physical control there is still a risk to the data. Tis a tricky one isnt it!

If they had decent broadband id tell them to host a box in there office.

• jhjh Member

I can offer this on UK KVM if you have a Windows 7/8 licence key :)

• Cool, how much for how much? Will drop you a PM if you like.

• proteusproteus Member
    edited November 2012

Azure? (it is in Ireland though) I would trust a company like Microsoft or Amazon if it involves confidential data. (no disrespect to independent providers intended)

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

+1 to @jhadley's offer. I've got a windows 8 VPS with him which runs very nicely over RDP :).