Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSlim.eu - Thieves and Liars
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSlim.eu - Thieves and Liars

thagoatthagoat Member
edited July 2015 in Providers

Yes, it's sensationalism, but justifiably so. I searched LET for an NL provider and found our company in question. I ordered a product from their website, advertised at 32 Euro per year, and after paying for the order I did not receive what I ordered. I opened a ticket to inquire and was met with a sales offer of 5,000 Euro per month to pay for what I had been promised for 32 Euro. I requested a cancellation well over 24 hours ago and have been ignored!

Comments

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2015

is Raymond the owner? Maybe billing need to action this so it's waiting on them. I've seen many providers take a few days to action PayPal refunds (not personally, I mean on LET/WHT. Sometimes by pretty legit hosts) for whatever reason. I would give them a little more time first but that's just me.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Allowance of a minimum of 72 hours excluding non-working days is actually normal, which you haven't given them. So sit back and wait if they don't push the red button and make a dispute.

• It will take a little time to finish the refund process. Allow them more time.

• BruceBruce Member

what could you possibly need 10Gb unmetered connection for? clearly you don't get that for €32/yr. presumably they advertised 10GB transit, not 10Gb connection, or at least meant to.

if it's a mistake on their part, a refund is a reasonable expectation.

• @thagoat said:
    I ordered a product from their website, advertised at 32 Euro per year, and after paying for the order I did not receive what I ordered. I opened a ticket to inquire and was met with a sales offer of 5,000 Euro per month to pay for what I had been promised for 32 Euro.

I haven't gone to their site, but it must have been a mixup or a typo or something because... 10Gbps unmetered for €32 per year? You can't have seriously thought it would cost ~$35 USD for that!

• BruceBruce Member

they do state

Satisfaction guaranteed! After 14 days not satisfied? Money back!

interestingly, they offer 1Gb unmetered for €40/m. I can't see ANY service that's €32/yr

1Gb DDos protection - is that useful on a 1Gb port ? I'm not convinced

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Jumping the gun slightly, but I was with them for a year and my VPS was atrocious. Up and down like a cheap whore's draws. Support seemed unable to resolve anything, so I'm not shocked they still appear to be useless.

Thanked by 3ATHK DomainBop Pwner
  • SpiritSpirit Member

Nekki said: Support seemed unable to resolve anything, so I'm not shocked they still appear to be useless.

Good ole' Ralph, hehe :)
    He replied me once when IPv6 stopped to work: "we don't have time right now to solve this issue" :)
    It took like two months that they finally found time to fix it.

Thanked by 2Nekki Pwner
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Spirit said:
    Good ole' Ralph, hehe :)

He replied me once when IPv6 stopped to work: "we don't have time right now to solve this issue" :) It took like two months that they finally found time to fix it.

That sounds frighteningly familiar.

• ehabehab Member
    edited July 2015

@Spirit said:

lovely for my signature

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited July 2015

@Bruce said:
    they do state

From past experience providers might advertise 1Gbps DDoS Mitigation but can generally offer more. on a 1G Port it is useful having 1Gbps DDoS Mitigation as if you get a flood that is more then 120k pps in size you can say good bye to that connection unless it's being filtered out.

• There shit anyway, oversold to fuck

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi,

I'm sorry if you feel this way. You gave us little to no time to refund. Meanwhile the refund has been processed as promised. There was something wrong on the order form which caused you to order additional services which are not included in the discount offer.

I am sorry if you feel mistreated.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

jmckeag12 said: having 1Gbps DDoS Mitigation as if you get a flood that is more then 120k pps in size you can say good bye to that connection unless it's being filtered out.

Really... Maybe on your home PC with realtek onboard NIC, on a server-grade serious NIC you can go over 300k before packet loss starts to kick in. Heck, we had abusers passing 300k mark on OUTGOING attacks.

• Maounique said: Really... Maybe on your home PC with realtek onboard NIC, on a server-grade serious NIC you can go over 300k before packet loss starts to kick in. Heck, we had abusers passing 300k mark on OUTGOING attacks.

I'm just using that as a example.

• Finally got the reply I was looking for when I woke up this morning. Refund has been applied. Thanks and close the book on that chapter.

• Thanked by 14n0nx
  • This host is bad. He spends more time on pushing an offer with me than he does on answering tickets. Plus, I believe he uses the Dronten DC which is basically a farmer's shed turned DC by a hacker. Connectivity is mostly backhauled through AMS (though it's close) and it's really not as secured as a real DC.

Thanked by 3DomainBop thagoat Nekki
  • We suck it even worse paying more than 1K EUROS and got some trash dedicated servers/no servers at all. Total waste/never again:

You sent a payment of €116.00 EUR to HostSlim B.V.. ([email protected])
    You sent a payment of €900.00 EUR to HostSlim B.V.. ([email protected])
    You sent a payment of €350.00 EUR to HostSlim B.V.. ([email protected])

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited July 2015

Chargeback, or dispute. You're covered by PayPal.

• riuriu Member

No - Paypal will not offer any protection. So if seller writes to PayPal of virtual goods / services, they will simply reject buyer's protection. If seller is rogue, he can certainly hide under the skirt and just sit on money. My seller bzybhosting.com did the same, and Paypal rejected the claim.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Agreed. Until new rules comes into play, PayPal couldn't care less for the buyer protection, BUT... It's a different case for bank initiated charge backs :). Try to convince your bank and you should be sorted.

• riu said: No - Paypal will not offer any protection. So if seller writes to PayPal of virtual goods / services, they will simply reject buyer's protection. If seller is rogue, he can certainly hide under the skirt and just sit on money. My seller bzybhosting.com did the same, and Paypal rejected the claim.

Purchases after July 1, 2015 have buyers protection for virtual items.

• riuriu Member

@Clouvider said:
    Agreed. Until new rules comes into play, PayPal couldn't care less for the buyer protection, BUT... It's a different case for bank initiated charge backs :). Try to convince your bank and you should be sorted.

I have initiated the process. Let us see, how it goes.

• Definately looks like a communication issue.

Originally the issue was that the container wasn't as ordered; but the rep has interpreted that you wanted a full 10Gb line unmetered. - This is a very large order and would gobble lots and lots if it was fully utilized.

In reality, you really only wanted the 100Mb line unmetered.

As for your cancellation / refund, it has only been a couple of days, normal turnaround can be from 1 hour to 10 working days, varying on the team who deals with it, opening hours etc. - Is it too late for you to resolve the differences and get the VPS up and running with these guys? Seems a good offer and location for the price per year, especially if they can uphold the offer of 100Mb unmetered.

Note that this would equate to 29.5TB over a month if this was fully utilized.

• martinandrinomartinandrino Member
    edited July 2015

@mpkossen said:
    Plus, I believe he uses the Dronten DC which is basically a farmer's shed turned DC by a hacker. Connectivity is mostly backhauled through AMS (though it's close) and it's really not as secured as a real DC.

We have a rack in the Serverius Dronten DC, and that's simply not true. I've personally visited the facility multiple times, and in quality terms it is just like other "premium" DCs as Interxion or Equinix. Definitely not a "farm".

About the network, it is not "premium" (mostly Hibernia + AMS-IX peering), though it is good, specially for the price. They have multiple fiber paths to AMS.

• @mpkossen said:
    Plus, I believe he uses the Dronten DC which is basically a farmer's shed turned DC by a hacker.

Did you watch The Fifth Estate lately :)?

• martinandrino said: We have a rack in the Serverius Dronten DC, and that's simply not true. I've personally visited the facility multiple times, and in quality terms it is just like other "premium" DCs as Interxion or Equinix. Definitely not a "farm".

Farmer's shed. Or well, garage box could be a better term? Unless they changed it lately, it's not like any DC I know.

Which one is it? https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.543556,5.704667,3a,75y,356.55h,88.08t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sr3cWMcUal-CcNpmy4-ZuRg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

martinandrino said: About the network, it is not "premium" (mostly Hibernia + AMS-IX peering), though it is good, specially for the price. They have multiple fiber paths to AMS.

Is this a confirmation of what I have said before or am I missing your point?

• mpkossen said: Farmer's shed. Or well, garage box could be a better term? Unless they changed it lately, it's not like any DC I know.
    Which one is it? https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.543556,5.704667,3a,75y,356.55h,88.08t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sr3cWMcUal-CcNpmy4-ZuRg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Is the building on the right. It's an office building turned into a datacenter, just like the Interxion building in Madrid. They have pictures of the server rooms on their website: http://www.serverius.eu/serveriusPhotoshoot/

mpkossen said: Is this a confirmation of what I have said before or am I missing your point?

My point is that their network is OK, good enough for most businesses. Better than just HE or Cogent, but not premium.

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

I've seen quite a few hosts using Serverius in Dronten, including @dediserve, so I don't think they're bad. Yes, network might not have top-notch premium peerings but it's working great for me aswell.