Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1GB memory VPS required - Netherlands or france
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1GB memory VPS required - Netherlands or france

Hello everyone,
Require a vps with ideally following specs.

Ram = 1GB
HDD = minimum 25gigs
Cpu = can do with a fair share based
bandwidth = 1TB
IPv4 = 1 Address atleast
1Pv6 = Good if available but not a must

Location = 1st preference is Netherlands and 2nd is France (I can look on other EU locations also but for this specific purpose I need the mentioned locations, but other location providers offering good price can drop me a msg.

price can be yearly and should compete such as yearly providers like INIZ, WLS, Evoburst as they are all have been providing $22-$27 per year price for 1GB VPS.

Thanks

Comments

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2015

FR FreeWeb, but I have no idea are they good or bad.

As for NL, I figure you should raise your budget or settle for Evoburst with 10 GB disk.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • LaXiSLaXiS Member

You could try with InceptionHosting (who is run by @AnthonySmith, a really nice guy). InceptionHosting is the provider who offers LowEndSpirit boxes but also has OpenVZ in NL with affordable yearly plans.

If you want to see a comparison about some providers look at my Google Sheet of VPSs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oLJ9rO-xSEWCLR-8cFMMYh-fdoT-s2JuLwab3M0dJ0M/edit?usp=sharing or at my LET thread: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/57943/512-1024mb-ram-vps-in-europe-with-stable-performance

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • LaXiS said: InceptionHosting is the provider who offers LowEndSpirit boxes but also has OpenVZ in NL with affordable yearly plans.

https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=21 (NL OpenVZ)

• bersybersy Member
    edited July 2015

Yeah, of course, I missed out on InceptionHosting.

Website is offline. Error 522

• LaXiSLaXiS Member

@bersy said:
    Website is offline. Error 522

Don't worry, it's just a temporary outage. Try again later.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • gtraxgtrax Member
    edited July 2015

@bersy said:
    FR FreeWeb, but I have no idea are they good or bad.

As for NL, I figure you should raise your budget or settle for Evoburst with 10 GB disk.

Yeah @freewebie is an option for france, already have the service with him but I can't pay using paypal now so will need to go for some other provider that supports credit card via stripe or 2co.
    Yup I am thinking about evoburst as well
    Thanks

• gtraxgtrax Member

@LaXiS said:
    You could try with InceptionHosting (who is run by AnthonySmith, a really nice guy). InceptionHosting is the provider who offers LowEndSpirit boxes but also has OpenVZ in NL with affordable yearly plans.

If you want to see a comparison about some providers look at my Google Sheet of VPSs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oLJ9rO-xSEWCLR-8cFMMYh-fdoT-s2JuLwab3M0dJ0M/edit?usp=sharing or at my LET thread: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/57943/512-1024mb-ram-vps-in-europe-with-stable-performance

Thanks for the comparison sheet. Great help. Will be looking into inceptionhosting

Thanked by 1LaXiS
  • Runabove.com - France 2GB Ram + SSD + IPv4 2.5$ per month + DDoS Protection + different awesome features. Very nice latency around Europe.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • gtraxgtrax Member
    edited July 2015

@desperand said:
    Runabove.com - France 2GB Ram + SSD + IPv4 2.5$ per month + DDoS Protection + different awesome features. Very nice latency around Europe.

Runabove - Pretty bad performance given that its a 2gig vps. Have a number of those. Sometimes pathetic, even boxes having 512mb ram from some LET providers work better than that.

• Nobody mentioned leaseweb? With their ongoing sale, I think they are best for you

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • @gtrax said:
    Runabove - Pretty bad performance given that its a 2gig vps. Have a number of those. Sometimes pathetic, even boxes having 512mb ram from some LET providers work better than that.

ow, sorry for oftop, but i do not have any issues except network problems in their DC.
    And their perfomance for me is pretty good. Hmm, strange. Are you old customer of RunAnbove? Maybe they start to oversell their resources for old nodes?

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • LaXiSLaXiS Member

@gtrax said:

Then don't even consider trying OVH's VPS Classic... Even though RunAbove is a side project of OVH and uses the same datacenter in France, performance is way better on RunAbove that on OVH.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • bersybersy Member

arpanjot said: Nobody mentioned leaseweb? With their ongoing sale, I think they are best for you

$35/yr is out of OP's budget, but it's the really great deal from reputable provider.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • @ OP, if possible try expanding your budget a bit, with that quality and service of leaseweb, I am sure you won't regret your decision.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • gtraxgtrax Member

@desperand said:

@desperand I have an account with them from almost a year now. The issues started in the 2nd quarter of 2015. And performance has really depreciated over the last 3 months or so.

• gtraxgtrax Member

@LaXiS said:
    Then don't even consider trying OVH's VPS Classic... Even though RunAbove is a side project of OVH and uses the same datacenter in France, performance is way better on RunAbove that on OVH.

Yes staying away from OVH at the moment for this particular deal. But I am using them they are not bad, I do not have anything against their service.

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited July 2015

@arpanjot said:
    @ OP, if possible try expanding your budget a bit, with that quality and service of leaseweb, I am sure you won't regret your decision.

Yes Leaseweb is a good option but with their sale, otherwise its out of my budget. Thanks

• gtraxgtrax Member

Finalized for an Evoburst 1GB, Leaseweb (with discount) 1GB option. Will be adding a box from inceptionhosting as well in a couple of days.
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions and feedback.

Thanked by 1LaXiS
  • LaXiSLaXiS Member

@gtrax said:
    Finalized for an Evoburst 1GB, Leaseweb (with discount) 1GB option. Will be adding a box from inceptionhosting as well in a couple of days.
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions and feedback.

Well done! I'd like to hear from you about EvoBurst and InceptionHosting when you think you had enough time for testing their services. (No, I'm not one of their representatives, I am only one of their possible future customers :)

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited July 2015

@LaXiS said:
    Well done! I'd like to hear from you about EvoBurst and InceptionHosting when you think you had enough time for testing their services. (No, I'm not one of their representatives, I am only one of their possible future customers :)

Sure. Will definitely post as soon as I have them free for some benchmarking. Would give a feedback though, soon.

Thanked by 1LaXiS