Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provide Domains
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provide Domains

So this is kind of a two sided question:

Providers: do you feel like you should provide domains (or the ability to purchase) to your customers?

Customers: do you like (require) it when your provider sells domains?

Comments

• Hey @VPSSoldiers . Most of the pros and I would say that the best is to register your domains with big leader domain registar like GoDaddy for example.. and hosting from different company for example your company VPS Soldiers .

Not providing ability to purchase domains directly via your website don't make you look unprofessional . If you ask if you should focus on what you do (providing quality hosting) or to include more features (domains registration). I would say to focus on what you know best -> VPS provider :)

For my 15 years online have never ever buy domain name from my hosting providers. Trust me there is lot of people who do the same :)

• As a provider: it's an extra income stream.

As a customer: never used it. I keep hosting and domains separated - if things go wrong with the provider, is better to have control of the domain.

• As a customer:

When I first started putting stuff on the net I really appreciated the integrated registrar. Being able to buy domains and having them instantly be attached to a directory on the server was perhaps even mandatory at that point. Yes, I could have researched everything and figured it out eventually, but I was stressed enough at the beginning and it was nice to take it one step at a time. Now, it's no problem for me to deal with that stuff, but it's still a convenience at times.

• @thehostbay said:
    For my 15 years online have never ever buy domain name from my hosting providers. Trust me there is lot of people who do the same :)

I also do the same, just thought I was an odd ball.

• thehostbay said: For my 15 years online have never ever buy domain name from my hosting providers. Trust me there is lot of people who do the same :)

I'd be the same way now, but my provider is old and stable and their (separate company) registrar is a good one. If a registrar was part of some small or newer company, I wouldn't touch it.