Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using a VPS from Dacentec?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using a VPS from Dacentec?

They have a 1GB VPS (OpenVZ) with 1.5GB burst RAM, 25GB HDD and 1TB b/w for $2/mo or $20/yr

Anyone using them?

Comments

• SadySady Member

I should say that "Go for it".
    They're very solid for dedis & I have to say that it would be same for VPS :)

• @Sady said:
    I should say that "Go for it".
    They're very solid for dedis & I have to say that it would be same for VPS :)

That's what I'm thinking. I don't really need a VPS in the US, but I've heard good things and the price looks good.

• BradBrad Member

Try it out yourself for a month. For $2, you can't really lose much, other than time if it doesn't turn out good.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

I have used it before 6 months

Good Network ..

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Might look into one as a USA proxy for watching US TV.

• ehabehab Member

maybe its time mark brings a super disk sized vps yearly deal.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

I considered it but there are a lot of VPS providers until $20/year hosted with them and now I have a few colocated and rented servers there including my VPSs with other providers.

EDIT: I just noticed the prices in the first post. A few months ago their VPSs were pretty pricey (I think their cheapest VPS was like $5/month with less than 1GB of RAM, not 100% sure though).

• elgselgs Member

I have a dedicated server with them. I have nothing but great experience with their server and services.

• i have one. what questions do you have @hostnoob

• NekkiNekki Veteran

hostnoob said: I don't really need a VPS in the US.

Seriously, don't buy it then. If you don't need it, it's not only a (minor) cash drain but it's also a time drain, even if you only spend a few hours securing it and leave it sit idle.

On the other hand if you're just looking for a green circle in the US, I whole-heartedly support your purchase.

• SadySady Member

@TarZZ92 said:
    i have one. what questions do you have hostnoob

A freevps benchmark would be answer for most of us LET users's answers :D
    We already know very well about their support.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited July 2015

Sady said: A freevps benchmark would be answer for most of us LET users's answers :D

CPU model :  AMD Opteron(TM) Processor 6274
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  2200.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1024 MB
    Total amount of swap : 512 MB
    System uptime :   19 days, 19:06,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 5.50MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 6.26MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 55.8MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 12.7MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 10.1MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 68.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.51MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 27.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 27.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 2.82MB/s
    I/O speed :  219 MB/s

-- Geekbench --

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/2983243

• @TarZZ92 said:
    i have one. what questions do you have hostnoob

Just wondering about uptime, reliability, support, performane etc..

• Nekki said: Seriously, don't buy it then. If you don't need it, it's not only a (minor) cash drain but it's also a time drain, even if you only spend a few hours securing it and leave it sit idle.

>

$20/yr is cheap for (effectively) 2.5GB RAM though, and they seem like a pretty reliable provider (although more for dedis).

• hostnoob said: Just wondering about uptime, reliability, support, performane etc..

as you can see with the geekbench single core is quite bad but overall good performance. uptime not really monitoring.

• I have a VPS with them aswell. And yes, they are stable.

• one downside i forgot is they do not support tun/tap

• Sady said: A freevps benchmark would be answer for most of us LET users's answers :D

root ~ # wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : AMD Opteron(TM) Processor 6274 Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 2200.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 1024 MB Total amount of swap : 512 MB System uptime : 9 days, 2:19, Download speed from CacheFly: 83.9MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 28.9MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 46.9MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 12.6MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 10.7MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 20.2MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.89MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 29.5MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 28.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 17.9MB/s I/O speed : 463 MB/s
    They have also fast support, tun/tap via ticket and no rdns.

• emperor said: tun/tap via ticket and no rdns.

• perhaps @dacentec can confirm

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

tun/tap should be available from support

• dacentec said: tun/tap should be available from support

since when? can you get this enabled for me?

Send an email to [email protected] or open a ticket in your portal.

• Dacentec is good but when using them in the past. for Selling Shared Hosting Services. they would null route IPs just for getting a complaint. and what ever network segment I was on would drop out constantly.

@jmckeag12, you should try us again. Our network has vastly improved and our DMCA policy is a bit more flexible for resellers / ISPs.

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited July 2015

@dacentec said:
    jmckeag12, you should try us again. Our network has vastly improved and our DMCA policy is a bit more flexible for resellers / ISPs.

Alright what about DDoS Mitigation I remember asking several months ago. and was told that it is in development.

I was impressed with the speeds of hooking up a IPMI and general tasks. fairly quick response times :)

edited July 2015

DDoS filtering is already in trial, we hope to release a product soon.

http://bgp.he.net/AS31863

• @dacentec said:
    DDoS filtering is already in trial, we hope to release a product soon.

Sent you a PM I hope to get the Information I require.

• sinsin Member

dacentec said: you should try us again. Our network has vastly improved and our DMCA policy is a bit more flexible for resellers / ISPs.

Is it really true that you nullroute without giving the customer any time to remove the DMCAed content first? That's really the only bad thing I could find in reviews about you guys but those reviews were 1+ years old so I wasn't sure if this policy has changed or not, the TOS doesn't mention it.