Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[IPXCORE] 10gb of RAID storage for 90 cents per month, then 3 cents per GB after that!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[IPXCORE] 10gb of RAID storage for 90 cents per month, then 3 cents per GB after that!

DamianDamian Member
edited November 2012 in Offers

IPXcore is selling storage space on our existing nodes. These nodes are considered 'full' otherwise, however, have quite a bit of unsold disk space available. So we're rounding out our servers, and you're getting RAID-protected storage space on the cheap.

This comes with a bit of a caveat: as noted that these nodes are considered to be 'full', disk i/o may not be the most awesome you've ever experienced, but it will be sufficient for storage. You are encouraged to exercise the 3-day trial period (outlined in http://ipxcore.com/aup-tos/ in the Billing section ) and determine if this service will be right for you.

As of this writing, we're not going to limit what you can run inside your VPS. Want to, for example, run an IRC bouncer and store some things? No problem. We may revisit this policy if it ends up getting abused.

These nodes are running either RAID-5 or RAID-10, and entire nodes are backed up with Crashplan. There is no other redundancy or backup provided or offered.

Some company info:
We've been up and running since May of 2011. We're running OpenVZ virtualization on our very own Dell, HP, and Supermicro -powered hardware.
All server nodes have 100mbit connection, sharing a 2gbit uplink.
Past 30 days support ticket response time: 0 Day(s) 0 Hour(s) 29 Minute(s) and 3 Second(s)

The Offer:

ExistingServerStorage:
64mb RAM
32mb vSwap (Burst RAM available upon request)
10gb disk space (more available at 3 cents per GB, read below)
200gb monthly transfer
1 CPU core at 50%
Buffalo, NY datacenter (Colocrossing)

$0.90 per month. This $0.90/month covers costs of IP, RAM, etc.

As of this writing: 4400gb is available!

You may select an arbitrary amount of additional storage on the cart page, by entering a number in the Disk Space box. Your monthly transfer will be incremented the same as the amount of disk that you purchase.

Please note that due to issues with WHMCS/Solus interaction, your storage space will be wrong after you've paid. Please submit a support ticket after you've paid and your VPS is up-and-running to get it adjusted to the correct value.

FYI: As outlined in the AUP/TOS ( http://ipxcore.com/aup-tos/ ), all new registrations MUST be made with verifiable postal address information. Repeating your province/state in the address fields will cause your account to be suspended til you update your account information. These plans are auto-verified with Maxmind; if you get auto-tagged for fraud, open a support ticket for resolution. All plans are also subject to manual verifications.

Test IP: 198.144.190.10

We also do custom plans. Please contact us with your requirements.

Comments

• Thanks for the great offer!

• Good to see this @Damian - leading the pack :)

• Whoa, amazing offer... Thank you :)

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

OuDefinitely tempting, a little concerned about bw during a restoration though, for example if I decide to up storage size to say 100gb bw would be limited or is there customization for that as well or pay as you need for a specific month?

• @risharde:

The amount of additional disk space would also increment your monthly transfer allocation.

Additionally, if you had an issue and needed all of your files, we're not going to block you from getting your data; we'd lift the transfer limits til you had your files.

• Nice deal, if I hadn't just got a Kimsufi dedi and a BuyVM storage plan in the last week, I'd be having some of this.

• Can we add HD later with same price structure?

• @LAKid said: Can we add HD later with same price structure?

Yes, if there is any HD space available.

• @Damian of course.

• @Damian said: 200gb monthly transfer

I think this should be in parallel to disk space being ordered

• @Asim said: I think this should be in parallel to disk space being ordered

It is:

@Damian said: You may select an arbitrary amount of additional storage on the cart page, by entering a number in the Disk Space box. Your monthly transfer will be incremented the same as th****e amount of disk that you purchase.

However, I forgot to set this. So it's been updated now.

• so how does it work, 1G per 1G b/w?

• @LAKid said: so how does it work, 1G per 1G b/w?

Yes, 1G of B/W per 1G of additional disk space purchased, over the 200gb chunk given with the VPS itself.

And i've updated all the people who signed up before that module was working (I think).

• Shouldn't bandwidth be double the amount of storage, so you can access your stuff once its been uploaded?

• DamianDamian Member
    edited November 2012

@Garrett said: Shouldn't bandwidth be double the amount of storage, so you can access your stuff once its been uploaded?

Probably, but i'm not considering that everyone is going to upload and then download 100% of their space every month. Time will tell, though, and everything is an evolution. And we're not going to block anyone who needs their data. Although if we're getting tickets from the same person every week that they need their data, we will need to inform them that we wouldn't be able to continue to host them.

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited November 2012

Epic deal! Might grab one myself.

Edit: question @damian; i have an 32mb plan from ipxcore i think. can I probably replace that one with this one without losing the data and without paying double (prepaid a year)?

• Will bough this one, :)
    Thank's Damian

• @djvdorp said: Edit: question @damian; i have an 32mb plan from ipxcore i think. can I probably replace that one with this one without losing the data and without paying double (prepaid a year)?

In this case we'd probably just upgrade the specs of your existing VPS and charge you the difference in price.

• Do u accept orders from China?

• I already had a 32MB/32MB vSwap plan with you, can I just buy more storage with this price?
    And @larry yes they do (I have a box with them and works well)

• @damian awesome! Do you happen to have the 32mb plan specs at hand to compare? (corporatefirewall here)

• Offer Added to my Blog ;p

• @larry said: Do u accept orders from China?

Yes

@AstroProfundis said: I already had a 32MB/32MB vSwap plan with you, can I just buy more storage with this price?

Yes, this is our 'standard' price for additional space on existing nodes anyway, but this offer advertises it better :D

@djvdorp said: Do you happen to have the 32mb plan specs at hand to compare?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3384/ipxcore-32mb-openvz-vps-for-50-cents-per-month

@VMVPS said: Offer Added to my Blog ;p

Thanks!

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited November 2012

@Damian so Disk, Transfer and RAM wil be updated. The 32mb plan has 4 CPU cores, while the storage plan has 50% of 1 CPU. So I'd rather just update my current plan if possible, should I shoot in a ticket or something to work this out?

• @djvdorp said: should I shoot in a ticket or something to work this out?

Yes, that will be best.

• additional fee for 32mb user is 0.15/GB/quarter

• edited November 2012

@Damian said: this is our 'standard' price for additional space on existing nodes

I didn't see the addons in client area, am I supposed to open a ticket for this or just looked for a wrong place?

Edit:
    I found the Addons but it said "No Addons Available for your Products & Services". I only have a 32MB plan in my account, yet.

• @tommy said: additional fee for 32mb user is 0.15/GB/quarter

No.

@AstroProfundis said: I didn't see the addons in client area, am I supposed to open a ticket for this or just looked for a wrong place?

We've never been able to get that 'addons' thing to work properly. Send us a support ticket with what you're looking for, and we'll send a prorate invoice for it.

• I got this reply from your staff

No, the 3c per GB per month offer is only available for Storage VPSes. Our regular disk upgrade prices apply on standard VPS plans. 
  • @tommy said: I got this reply from your staff

No, the 3c per GB per month offer is only available for Storage VPSes. Our regular disk upgrade prices apply on standard VPS plans.

No update on this issue?