Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An VPS has 50 IP?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

An VPS has 50 IP?

yu8585620yu8585620 Member
edited November 2012 in General

I give my client OpenVPN, they all need to be independent of IP

I need a VPS

At least 256 MB RAM

10 GB HDD

1000 GB Bandwidth per month ( 100 Mbps port )

50-100 IPv4 Address

$25-50/Month

XEN is the best, OpenVZ can also.

A service provider?

Comments

• @boltersdriveer could give out a deal

• I need /24 IP address

But I don't need a server, VPS can

• @yu8585620 said: I need /24 IP address

You will need justification for this.

• @yu8585620 said: I need /24 IP address

First you mentioned 50 IPs in your OP, now you say you need a /24 (253 IPs)? Please be specific.

• @FTN_Kevin Each VPS is equipped with 50 IP temporary needs five VPS 250

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited November 2012

@yu8585620 said: @FTN_Kevin Each VPS is equipped with 50 IP temporary needs five VPS 250

5 VPS for $25-50/month? OR $25-50/month EACH?

Also, what is the justification? Is this some VPN business?

• Considering most providers charge $1+ for IPs, I can see some problems with your pricing.

Willing to offer 0.75 per IP, justification required.

• It would be difficult to get that much IP Addresses, have you thought about using IPv6 @yu8585620

• @zafouhar IPV6 cannot be used in my business

• You are better off ordering small VPS servers, like 64-128mb dedicated RAM and one IP, 5gb of disk and whatever you sell your bandwidth as than all the IPs assigned to one server unless you are rotating them for the customers

• Ok

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited November 2012

@yu8585620 for what purpose do you need such a VPS?

Edit:

@yu8585620 said: @zafouhar IPV6 cannot be used in my business

What business is that?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Any responsible host is going to require you to start with a smaller number and increase as you show usage. You might pull off a /27 to start. Of course, anyone can prove me wrong there at any minute, depends on their mood and how freely they give out IPs, but I'd steer clear of anyone willing to hand a new client a /24 without much more info than an idea. A lack of a sense of responsibility is a decent indicator of other unfavorable practices.

• SEO Hosting :>

• @marcm said: What business is that?

The guy said it in the first port - VPN. I doubt many people can use VPN over IPv6.

@yu8585620 running a VPN service on a VPS is not the brightest idea and most reasonable hosts wouldn't allow this. Get a dedicated server.

• @jarland We give out a max of 5 IPs with justification. If you need more than that then it better be for something important, like a large VPS for hosting multiple e-commerce sites, etc, something that people rarely do as they prefer to separate such sites into multiple VPS servers.

• Why do your VPN clients each need a separate IP?

• @NickM said: Why do your VPN clients each need a separate IP?

Because a provider needs to be able to identify which user was behind a given IP at a certain time, when an abuse report, court order or something like that is received?

• @rds100 said: Because a provider needs to be able to identify which user was behind a given IP at a certain time, when an abuse report, court order or something like that is received?

Yeah, I wonder how that would affect someone who is overseas...

• @NickM said: Why do your VPN clients each need a separate IP?

Or could be offering rotating IP service? Seen some VPN providers do that.

• @marcm said: Yeah, I wonder how that would affect someone who is overseas...

I will tell you how. If the court order cannot be served and the user cannot be identified then there will be another court order for taking the server. That's why running such a business on a VPS is a bad idea for the VPS provider - because the stupid policemen don't care about what is VPS, they want to take the whole server.

• @rds100 said: That's why running such a business on a VPS is a bad idea for the VPS provider - because the stupid policemen don't care about what is VPS, they want to take the whole server.

A VPS is easier to archive, store away or send to the FBI. In the US they are usually the ones who investigate Cyber Crime, and for smaller cyber crimes local law enforcement handles the case, meaning that they also have a Cyber Crime division. And no, they aren't as stupid as you think around here.

• @marcm said: And no, they aren't as stupid as you think around here.

Well, around here they are stupid, believe me. They want the real hard disks, not just a copy of the data.

• @rds100 said: Well, around here they are stupid, believe me. They want the real hard disks, not just a copy of the data.

That seems pretty smart to me. Allows them to do a deep inspection of the drive.

• @Nick said: That seems pretty smart to me. Allows them to do a deep inspection of the drive.

That one too. And also there is something about a copy of the data not being accepted as a valid evidence in court, while a physical disk is.

• get a dedicated box from ubiquityservers,they offer /24 for just $50 with reasonable justification.
    however they higher the price for around $2 each now.
    you can just go and have a talk with them.

• If IpxCore 50 cent is still ongoing deal, then that could fit... you can order 50 of those...

• @jcaleb said: If IpxCore 50 cent is still ongoing deal, then that could fit... you can order 50 of those...

How about get 50 H1F free vps with no cost?
    oh that must fit OP's needs well.

• @DannyAlex Ubiquityservers Rise in price!

Please note that effective today to ensure the continued availability of IP space for our customers, we have made price changes for new IP Address space. The pricing is now as follows:

/29 (8 IPs - 5 Usable) - $10 per month
    /28 (16 IPs - 13 Usable) - $20 per month
    /27 (32 IPs - 29 Usable) - $40 per month
    /26 (64 IPs - 61 Usable) - $60 per month
    /25 (128 IPs - 125 Usable) - $80 per month
    /24 (256 IPs - 253 Usable) - $100 per month

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this price change.

Thanks!

Ubiquity Server Solutions

• @jcaleb said: If IpxCore 50 cent is still ongoing deal, then that could fit... you can order 50 of those...

Indeedy it is: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3384/ipxcore-32mb-openvz-vps-for-50-cents-per-month/p1