Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CDN Providers service required - Service proposition
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CDN Providers service required - Service proposition

Dear All CDN service provider,
Need to discuss a node deployment in my country. As we do not have any CDN node closr to our region. The closest is Germany which is 200ms from us. So we were planning if someone can extend the service to our part of geolocation. Apart from the charges we can offer to provide server and remote hands as well.
This can also develop into a business relationship.
Looking forward to your feedback and comments.

Comments

• BruceBruce Member

@gtrax said:
    Dear All CDN service provider,
    my country.

which country ?

• gtraxgtrax Member

Pakistan

@Bruce said:
    which country ?

• I doubt anyone wants to deal with Pakistani laws - Theres a reason not even Akamai has a pop there.

• What's ping like from India to Pakistan?

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited July 2015

@William Akamai has already signed up an MOU and partnership agreement with a major network provider here. But they are only targeting corporate and large accounts. The laws are pretty much in coalition with USA laws. I don't know if you know it Pakistan has a Cyber alliance with USA.
    @Steven_F The peering with india is pretty bad so ping is high e.g the nearest Esto or Bharti Airtel pop has >250 ms response. Our peeing with much better with france/germany which is <210 ms.
    That is why I am looking for a home or small or even mid-sized player to atleast setup a server which can be a stepping stone and move forward from there.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Turkey & Voxility Romania gives 180-190ms to the providers I've tested against.

They might be places to think about.

(only 30ms better but still an improvement.)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Do you mind giving me an IP from Pakistan. I want to test how my network performs to there.

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

202.59.80.52 is what I use to test against

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • gtraxgtrax Member

@AlexBarakov said:
    Do you mind giving me an IP from Pakistan. I want to test how my network performs to there.

202.59.80.52 can be used.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

177ms from our network.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • 143 ms from online.net pro network for 202.59.80.52
    it seems a pretty good upgrade compared to 210ms...

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • 160ms from our Vienna POP http://speedtest.c1.vie1.dediserve.com/

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • Prometeus is a good option, used to run load balancer there for a Pakastani site and it has really low latency to the other end of the sea cable that goes into Italy.

1. nasa.nexlinx.net.pk 0.0% 75 157.3 157.3 157.1 163.4 0.7

Also many Netherlands providers also peer at the same point so are also a good option to look into, though all networks are not created equal. Usually it is around 170-190ms.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • gtraxgtrax Member
    edited July 2015

Thanks all, but I was looking to get a preposition from a CDN provider or someone who has this technology depoyed which can be extended to a node in Pakistan. I will get in touch with @dediserve and Prometeus

• getvpsgetvps Member

160ms Paris VULTR

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited July 2015

@getvps said:
    160ms Paris VULTR

Tried a lot of times to signup with vultr but due to some reason they do not let me signup for $50 promo. I have opened tickets about it but they do not understand and ask me to try that I should signup for a trial. I don't know why they are continuously reluctant to give me the $50 credit. Its my first time with them and I did not expect to face any difficulty in adding my credit card to their billing but for some odd reason all 4 of my cards are not being added to their system. These belong to 4 different bank and 2 different countries so its really confusing to get vultr service from where I am sitting :/

--- But anyway this thread is not about vultr issues.

Its about me working with a CDN provider willing to setup a node in my geolocation.

• getvpsgetvps Member

This 50$ free you need to spend in first 2mo anyway. But if you still want to try VULTR, they have bitcoin payment method. Pay 5$ with bitcoin and they gives you 5$ bonus + 2$ if you follow/share something on twitter. Still ok 5$ for first 2mo+ , if you use low instance..

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

It's the whole point of the onapp CDN federation though. Anyone with servers in Pakistan (or anywhere else) can add them to the federation and let others pick up their spare capacity.

Thanked by 1gtrax
  • vijaivijai Member

If you really don't care about price, you could go with ctrls's pune / chennai dc's.

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited July 2015

@ditlev said:
    It's the whole point of the onapp CDN federation though. Anyone with servers in Pakistan (or anywhere else) can add them to the federation and let others pick up their spare capacity.

Yes you are correct. I already did some homework on this option but as I already mentioned that the startup is not commercial centric in start so on average even $700-1000/month ($500 for onapp with CDN and $200-500 for a dedicated server in pakistan) is quite a steep cost. I was trying to cut a lot on startup / monthly expense. Actually its onapp recurring cost which is stopping me to choose this path as it also requires a healthy server. So if there is some other setup/deployment I can also reduce the node cost by colocating or having a resourceful fully virtualized node in the start during beta/test phase