Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need review for Proxmox module for WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need review for Proxmox module for WHMCS

elgselgs Member

I got both WHMCS and Proxmox working now. Now I am looking for a Proxmox module for WHMCS. I did googling for a while, and I found Proxmox VPS For WHMCS looks quite promising, but price is also very expensive. I also found a few other cheaper ones. Now I'd like to listen to your ideas or recommendations about this module. Thanks.

Comments

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member

I've seen the module in use, seems to have worked well. Why don't you get a trial and test it out for yourself?

Thanked by 1elgs
  • elgselgs Member

@rmlhhd thanks. I just saw their have 7 days trial. Yeah, I will give a try.

• edited July 2015

Does the linked module provide any kind of protection against customers assigning multiple IPv4 addresses to their KVMs?

• elgselgs Member

@Admiral_Awesome, no idea yet. But I saw from their website it seems you need to pay additional ~$100 to manage IPs.

• You can try them http://modulesfactory.com/

Thanked by 1elgs
  • @Admiral_Awesome said:
    Does the linked module provide any kind of protection against customers assigning multiple IPv4 addresses to their KVMs?

Nope.

I'm not 100% sure with proxmox. But as I gather you don't assign through it. You assign through whmcs..

You can get as many IPs as you want.

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • elgselgs Member

@bullten said:
    You can try them http://modulesfactory.com/

Thanks. I'm also aware of this one. The price is more acceptable. But the on mentioned by me is the one recommended by Proxmox, but it's too expensive. I'm going to play with them both.

• elgselgs Member

Proxmox VPS|Could For WHMCS either do not work, or do not work with WHMCS 6. IP Management is broken, Module settings for ProxmoxCloud is broken.

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • I tested it, it didn't work properly. I opened a support ticket and the guy responded saying that nameservers are automatically assigned.

I wrote quite a detailed description of the problem including dumps of the request from Whmcs to Proxmox but I think it went in one ear and out the other.

Every single product I have seen from Modulesgarden has been junk and their support is equally ridiculous. Its almost as if they know their product doesn't do whats been advertised so respond back with nonsense to get you to run away.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

@bullten said:
    You can try them http://modulesfactory.com/

This is the same one we are using for our Nat VPS service. Have had no problems with it. They just added Tun/Tap enable for the client end. They are worth the price!!!!

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I'm using Proxmox module from ModulesGarden and they work perfectly ! Every essential feature is there present and client/end user has complete control over the Proxmox features.

I haven't upgraded to WHMCS 6 currently and so I don't know the status of this module on WHMCS 6

Thanked by 1ModulesGarden
  • elgselgs Member

@BlaZe said:
    I'm using Proxmox module from ModulesGarden and they work perfectly ! Every essential feature is there present and client/end user has complete control over the Proxmox features.

I haven't upgraded to WHMCS 6 currently and so I don't know the status of this module on WHMCS 6

I got a trial license for their VPS and Cloud addon. The Adding IP function seems to be broken with WHMCS 6.

• elgselgs Member

Proxmox Full Automation works well so far, thought their user interface is not the best, but it works.

• elgselgs Member

Anyone ever tried https://modulesfactory.com/description-proxmox.php ? They look promising but they marked all my purchases as fraud and nobody answers tickets at all.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

@elgs said:
    Anyone ever tried https://modulesfactory.com/description-proxmox.php ? They look promising but they marked all my purchases as fraud and nobody answers tickets at all.

This is the Current system I use for my NAT Servers running Proxmox. Haven't notice any problems with them and Support respond was quick when I needed setup help with them.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • Agrees with @MarkTurner . Most of the Module Garden plugins do have bugs but their support team just toss them over our head when we open a ticket. They know those kind of major bugs exists yet choose to sell them. I found it's worth the time writing our own rather spending $200+ for a small plugin.

• Its better to use modulesfactory plugin.

• wychwych Member
    edited July 2015

ModulesGarden is a waste of time IMO.

ModulesFactorys module just about works but it is very niggly and can give mysterious errors. Support can go dark at times too but when you catch them they are very helpful.

Proxmox in production is being phased out for my automated product offerings (still in place for some clusters etc.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • elgselgs Member

Proxmox in production is being phased out for my automated product offerings (still in place for some clusters etc.

So what is the replacement?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@elgs said:
    I got a trial license for their VPS and Cloud addon. The Adding IP function seems to be broken with WHMCS 6.

:( But they will fix it immediately. As I said, I haven't upgraded my system to WHMCS 6 yet. Wait for a month till every plugin/module gets synchronized with WHMCS's shitty code imbalance system.

• @BlaZe said:
    :( But they will fix it immediately. As I said, I haven't upgraded my system to WHMCS 6 yet. Wait for a month till every plugin/module gets synchronized with WHMCS's shitty code imbalance system.

Hello, 3 days ago we released updates for both Proxmox VPS For WHMCS 1.5.1 and Proxmox Cloud For WHMCS 1.3.1. Now the modules are compatible with WHMCS V6 and have several fixes/improvements + new feature in addon module: VM cleaner which allows you to track all VM existing only on your Proxmox server and easily remove any of them.

What is more, we are already working on version 1.6 and 1.4 with more new functionalities and a new design entirely compatible with WHMCS Six template. Both modules will be released in August .

We would like to also refer to other comments. If you believe that our support is not working as it should and we do not fix the issues with our modules in the reasonable time, please send us a message in a Feedback section. Each feedback entry is verified by our Executive Board.

Please also have in mind that at this moment, due to release of WHMCS V6, we have hands full of work and still over 50 modules to update. We do our best to release the updates in the shortest time possible and keep releasing modules with new features as well. So far, more than 20 of our modules support WHMCS V6 and we provide 25% discount for modules that do not support WHMCS V6 yet.

• BruceBruce Member

FYI, I take the warning from @MarkTurner quite seriously, and I think others will too.

Just when I was thinking about buying your advanced billing module too. LOST SALE

anyone with serious offers to provide WHMCS hourly billing module - PM me pls

• elgselgs Member

I have been using Modules Factory in production now. Their OpenVZ works flawlessly. But the KVM is still missing some key functions to make the whole process fully automated, like password reset, disk expanding and network configuration. But I think they are on the right path, because they are trying to implement these things very fast now. I also tried Modules Garden for a 1 week free trial, their Cloud version of the plugin allows users to buy resources to build their own vms rather than to buy vms. That's a fantastic idea. But I haven't been able to get KVM template work with Modules Garden. It could be my problem. But I will still keep my fingers crossed with Modules Factory. I think they are very near my need now.

• Bruce said: anyone with serious offers to provide WHMCS hourly billing module - PM me pls

PM me and I'll explain how we did it.

• rtech0rtech0 Member

Hm, almost a year later I am seeing ModulesGarden seemingly acting the same towards support tickets. I am testing Modules Factory to see if they are better now. I really hope so. I thought looking for another solution would offer some improvement on tech support but I see it as quite a dark world out there, perhaps just code it ourselves as MarkTurner has said.

• rtech0rtech0 Member

@bullten said:
    Its better to use modulesfactory plugin.

I anyone using modules factory? I am trying to figure out of that product/project is still alive, I asked support and received no reply, anyone?!