Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DigitalOcean considering open-sourcing company's platform
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DigitalOcean considering open-sourcing company's platform

DigitalOcean CEO: "At some point in the future, it would be good to see other open-source frameworks take a run at OpenStack, since today I feel like they [OpenStack] are the only game in town," he said. "We come from the open-source world and would like to be able to contribute a project that actually delivers real value."

http://www.eweek.com/cloud/digitalocean-raises-83m-to-help-move-cloud-provider-forward.html

Thanked by 1VPNsh

Comments

• I say go for it!

• Yay, $83MM for a custom control panel on top of a standard VPS product.

Thanked by 2asf BensDaMan
  • @ItsChrisG said:
    Yay, $83MM for a custom control panel on top of a standard VPS product.

You just envy them for doing so well :-)

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited July 2015

ItsChrisG said: Yay, $83MM for a custom control panel on top of a standard VPS product.

More like $83Million to employee awesome people that service an excellent product like @jar :)

• @ItsChrisG please stop posting your BS.

$83MM they've spent buying hardware, ips, collocation and etc. Basically it doesn't say thall all money was invested in the panel. DO just said they're going to make it open source for others.

On another note your easydcim is a complete crap. Does it sound good? Will you make it open source?

Thanked by 1J1021
  • ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited July 2015

@alexvolk - you sound like you eat shit for breakfast and its infected your brain.

you say it's bad, then you ask for it to be given to you - YEAH, REAL MENSA MINDSET THERE.

I'm sorry my post offended your sensibilities - did you take it personally? do you have some sort of personal relationship with DO?

Take the advice from your sig - REALITY DOES HURT.

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited July 2015

@ItsChrisG you offended me? No. It was only you who was offended.

I've just clarified it for you, that DO didn't throw money to some cheapish unknown/buggy coders from Poland as what you did and they'll open source their panel for others (see you too, so you can easilty drop easydcim and use DO panel - for free!).

There is no good software company or you can't hire anyone from US?

Sorry, I forgot that yourself looking for cheap nearly zero services same time selling "high" level services (see easydcim crap).

ItsChrisG said: do you have some sort of personal relationship with DO?

Long time customer.