Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS - Update - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS - Update

Comments

• Anyway, nearly another hour has gone by. 6 hours and counting.
    Their SolusVM is timing out now too.

• hot link protection - ... must be a conspiracy :D (lol sorry just the way it sounds with people complaining bout permission on one of the images)

• @DeanClinton node could be overloaded, but course til you actually hear an official response back from them, would all be speculation.

• DeanDean Member
    edited November 2012

Do you guys know of any $7 2gb providers that don't rent from ChicagoVPS/NWNX/ChicagoDedicatedServers that are around that price point? It's to use as a backup server that cPanel FTP's into. Signed up with a new provider off here, only to then trace them back as renting from them, reluctant to continue with them especially just when they get off the ground offering at a similar price point just as their supplier is going down.

I don't fancy having to wait as long as I am doing now should a provider have a host node problem that needs ChicagoVPS/NWNX/ChicagoDedicatedServers to bring the box back up (or even to pass the request onto their remote hands).

• Once you have it cached, the HTTP_REFERRER protection is a non-issue.

• DeanDean Member
    edited November 2012

6 hours and 53 minutes and I finally get a reply.

• @KuJoe said: especially if clients are hit with the performance reduction.

Shouldn't be a performance reduction, when people see the cores idling at ~400mhz, their load is almost nothing. Intel power savings technology has come a long way since the P4 days. Things are a lot different with this gen of i7's/e3's.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

@Kairus said: Shouldn't be a performance reduction

In theory when idle it should clock down to 400Mhz, but when you're using your VPS and do a cat /proc/cpuinfo and it still says 400Mhz then either they are throttled to that speed via OpenVZ or the power saving isn't working properly.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Anyone seeing 400Mhz please open ticket, this was something Jeremiah set wrong when setting up the new node. I will change it for you to where it should be

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited November 2012

@CVPS_Chris don't care much about 400Mhz. all I want is the LA server is up all the time. would you acknowlege that LA node had problem but it's now settled or you never knew what the heck?

• @CVPS_Chris said: Anyone seeing 400Mhz please open ticket

Done and done

@LAkid,

LA should be fixed, was an upstream issue that was dropping network.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: LA should be fixed, was an upstream issue that was dropping network.

Can you please change my vps to LA? I sent a ticket(or I think so haha)

• @netomx said: Can you please change my vps to LA? I sent a ticket(or I think so haha)

Why would you want that?

• @CVPS_Chris thanks, past couple of days have been good without dropping any, let's keep it that way....:)

• @CVPS_Chris - your SolusVM is still down though.

Dean, failed raid. Working on replacing it.

• Ok :)

• @CVPS_Chris any update on the cause of this? Since your claim that you had proof it was due to a security hole in Solus you haven't really updated us.

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited November 2012

@gsrdgrdghd Let'em take care of existing customers, downed solus, ustream problems, etc, and then you'll have plenty of time to ask. Not that @CVPS_Chris is going to answer any, that's not for me anyway.

• @LAKid said: @gsrdgrdghd Let'em take care of existing customers, downed solus, ustream problems, etc, and then you'll have plenty of time to ask. Not that @CVPS_Chris is going to answer any, that's not for me anyway.

Yes. +1. I agree with you on this.

• SolusVM still down...

• @kornnflake said: SolusVM still down...

Yup, and on my VPS the clock is slow by 5 hours. Which causes a few software issues ;)

• dpkg-reconfigure tzdata ?

• @Gary said: dpkg-reconfigure tzdata ?

Nope :)

[root@chi:~] rdate -p time-a.nist.gov
    Thu Nov  8 19:02:29 NST 2012
    [root@chi:~] date
    Thu Nov  8 14:04:26 NST 2012
  • OpenVZ containers share the same clock with the host node, and yes containers don't have the privellege to set the host node time by default.

So rdate and tzdata won't work.

• Create a Symlink for the right timezone from /usr/share/zoneinfo/ to /etc/localtime

• node 37 finally up. thanks @cvps_chris

• @WhizzWr said: OpenVZ containers share the same clock with the host node, and yes containers don't have the privellege to set the host node time by default.

So rdate and tzdata won't work.

rdate -p prints to screen the date obtained from a remote source.

dpkg-reconfigure tzdata sets the timezone.

Both work perfectly fine on OpenVZ.