Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can CSF cause internal server error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can CSF cause internal server error

SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I am facing a weird issue, a server is generating "internal server error" on particular ISP and I don't have access to that ISP. Looking at logs, I find nothing..nothing at all. Since I can't reproduce error myself, it pretty daunting situation.
So, after digging all around, I am out of ideas, just thinking in wild, is it possible that CSF can cause internal server error in some circumstance by interfering with process.
Though I have not enabled process killing and other configuration is pretty standard. Or any other place to hunt ?

Comments

• just csf or cpanel/csf?

• If you have CSF installed with LFD it is very possible your client has failed to login to e-mail, cPanel or another service on the server several times triggering a block in the firewall.

Ask client for ip address, login to command line and csf -g it will tell you if it blocked it. If it is blocked you can remove the block by csf -dr and you can whitelist the ip against future issues by csf -a .

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2015

CSF blocks using iptables, internal server error is a web server response. I feel reasonably comfortable saying that CSF cannot be causing this (I haven't used CSF in years though). Make sure you have logging enabled for the virtual host generating the error, because a 500 ISE should definitely be triggering something you can read.