Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

WHMCS 6.0 Released
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

WHMCS 6.0 Released

HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Provider

Wasn't expecting it this early on, but here it is :D

Source: http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=102658

How many of you are going to jump right in and upgrade right away?

Free Uptime Monitoring - minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it.
    Free Blacklist Monitoring - don't let a few bad clients ruin your network.

Comments

• I'm going to give it a few weeks.

Jacksonville VPS with 99.9% Uptime from $2/m

Brisbane? Nuremberg? Los Angeles too? Even the UK? That's right! Tons of locations for shared hosting

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Provider

I will wait for a few reasons.

1. Probably bugs
      2. module support
      3. Don't need to yet

Subnet Labs, LLC Contact Us Deploy to: Seattle, Dallas or NYC
      Impact VPS | Cloud Servers | Storage Servers | Impact Shared | Shared Hosting

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Provider

@Awmusic12635 said:
      I will wait for a few reasons.

1. Probably bugs
      2. module support
      3. Don't need to yet

Those are exactly my waiting reasons as well.

Free Uptime Monitoring - minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it.

• I'm just going to test it in my other VPS - not even close for production use.

wget https://s.flamz.pw/dl/bench.sh && bash bench.sh

curl https://s.flamz.pw/analytics/bench/stats.php

• Is it no longer WHMCS?

Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
      We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
    • Well thats a bit of surprise wasn't expecting them to launch it like this :P

But will test with developer license or on test server. Not in production for obvious reasons
      its very new will give it some time :)

AheadCloud™ Networks Pvt. Ltd.
      High quality hosting in US/NL/DE/IN - Check Us Out!

• wychwych Member

I think I will hold off for a while.

Taking a hiatus.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Provider

Anybody who does update please report back :) I"m gonna wait for a while.

• only thing they are telling improved theme s*x and cpanel thing. ive used beta and not much new things found

• raider_in_dark said: only thing they are telling improved theme s*x and cpanel thing. ive used beta and not much new things found

I agree with this. We played with the beta and saw a few CSS tweaks in terms of the backend design. Honestly, that's the biggest change I noticed after playing around with it for about 10 minutes.

Personally I would love to see WHMCS re-work their admin area as it takes several tabs to for me to get anything done. If they just re-did the ticket pages and added an AJAX tab to see a minified version of client's services (showing the one they highlighted), it would save me about 5 browser tabs.

Brisbane? Nuremberg? Los Angeles too? Even the UK? That's right! Tons of locations for shared hosting

• Such upgrade... Much newer...

All I see is two bug fixes and a new theme.

Kwicero LTD
      Company no. 09475165
      KwiBill Billing Automation Software: Click here

• BruceBruce Member

Automated PayPal Subscription Cancellation is supported

nice!

free trial zilore monitoring

• jarjar Provider
      edited July 2015

Gonna start toying with it tomorrow probably. I doubt it's any buggier than most apps usually are. Then again my small client base can survive some minor WHMCS issues. If I cause a problem I just don't bill people. Everyone wins but me :)

• jmginerjmginer Member, Provider
      edited July 2015

Upgraded without any (apparently) issue.

https://ginernet.com/index.php

https://ginernet.com/clientarea.php

But, I expected new carts templates and no, I don't see any new cart template...

Voxility DDoS protected BGP starting from 250 EUR/month. Contact us.
      SSD VPS in Spain ☛ 9.99€/year ★ We accept Bitcoins! ★ DMCA ignore ★
    • jmginer said: But, I expected new carts templates and no, I don't see any new cart template...

Yeah, I too thought new carts were promised in WHMCS v6. What gives?

• Great , But I will wait for few days ..

ServerLanka | 1GB SSD cPanel Hosting , $10 Per Year | 99.9% Uptime | CloudLinux | RvSite Builder Pro | Softaculous

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Provider

Would give it a few weeks/months.

Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS | Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation

6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD

• sdglhmsdglhm Member

Expected more with 6.0

time wasters please dont comment as we are a serious buyer
      Programmer trying to do Logo Designs

• everyone upgrade tonight and i'll order from all of you. i refuse to order any service that doesnt run 6.0

Thanked by 3jar Nick_A GIANT_CRAB
    • @JoeMerit said:
      everyone upgrade tonight and i'll order from all of you. i refuse to order any service that doesnt run 6.0

What if I run version 0.6?

• sdglhmsdglhm Member

JoeMerit said: everyone upgrade tonight and i'll order from all of you. i refuse to order any service that doesnt run 6.0

Please order. Shared hosting 1MB with 10MB bandwidth. $999.99/mo

• @sdglhm said:
      Please order. Shared hosting 1MB with 10MB bandwidth. $999.99/mo

nah 1.99 of the finest 3rd world hosting.

• sdglhmsdglhm Member

JoeMerit said: nah 1.99 of the finest 3rd world hosting.

Not from this one. I'll provide you with the link :p

• sdglhmsdglhm Member

JoeMerit said: 3rd world hosting.

Also, My feelings got hurt. Please allow me to get some free medical care from our government hospital.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1Traffic

• how did your feelings get hurt ? apparently a lot of butthurt out there arises when I use the term 3rd world and I get flagged for 'racism'.. what race is 3rd world if you dont mind me asking?

Thanked by 3jar k0nsl GIANT_CRAB
    • TrafficTraffic Member
      edited July 2015

JoeMerit said: how did your feelings get hurt ? apparently a lot of butthurt out there arises when I use the term 3rd world and I get flagged for 'racism'.. what race is 3rd world if you dont mind me asking?

You're a xenophobe. However, since I understand not everyone can have a reasonable intellectual development, I understand the fact that you cannot see that. Keep being an average mediocre Joe.

Thanked by 2sdglhm jvnadr

vrtz.net Cheap VPS Servers Offers - now with EXCLUSIVE offers! (all links are aff links)
      $12/year HostUS Deal (768MB RAM+768MB vSwap)$11.29/year GestionDBI Deal (768MB RAM)

• jarjar Provider
      edited July 2015

@JoeMerit said:
      everyone upgrade tonight and i'll order from all of you. i refuse to order any service that doesnt run 6.0

I find your posts to be increasingly pleasing to me. It works every time, and they still don't see it.

• sdglhmsdglhm Member

Traffic said: xenophobe

Yet most of their countries were colonized by Aryans ;)

• I upgraded to v6 and all I can say is that its disappointing, the lack of new features/improvements/bug fixes is just utterly disappointing.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider
      edited July 2015

SIGH watched the preview video and what is the first thing they say.... The most notable new feature is the new responsive theme...... god damn it, what the hell is wrong with developers these days!

edit: just finished watching it, the entire thing is just a new theme with a bit of an improvement to cPanel integration, beyond disappointing so far.

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• @Traffic said:
      You're a xenophobe. However, since I understand not everyone can have a reasonable intellectual development, I understand the fact that you cannot see that. Keep being an average mediocre Joe.

Nice try pal. I have no fear or hate of any group of people.

• wychwych Member

AnthonySmith said: SIGH watched the preview video and what is the first thing they say.... The most notable new feature is the new responsive theme...... god damn it, what the hell is wrong with developers these days!

edit: just finished watching it, the entire thing is just a new theme with a bit of an improvement to cPanel integration, beyond disappointing so far.

Pretty much what we all expected from them. It is however such a shame...

Taking a hiatus.

• jarjar Provider
      edited July 2015

@wych said:
      Pretty much what we all expected from them. It is however such a shame...

Isn't this the first major version release since cPanel bought them though? I'm alright with a release that isn't anything to write home about. Not everyone can reinvent the wheel every few years. I know a lot of people like to talk about what's wrong with it but I don't think people mention quite enough the endless hours it has saved them, the hundreds of days out of each year where there were no known vulnerabilities, and the wealth of orders and invoices that went off without any trouble.

We live in a growing global culture that celebrates complaining. I wish we focused more on the good.

Thanked by 1chickendippers
    • wychwych Member

@Jar said:
      Isn't this the first major version release since cPanel bought them though?

I think so.

I'm alright with a release that isn't anything to write home about. I know a lot of people like to talk about what's wrong with it

True, I just feel all the effort spent on pushing the big Six release could have been invested into the development and then let the general public talk about how great it is.

I don't think people mention quite enough the endless hours it has saved them, the hundreds of days out of each year where there were no known vulnerabilities, and the wealth of orders and invoices that went off without any trouble.

That is what we pay them for ;)

Thanked by 1jar

Taking a hiatus.

• jarjar Provider
      edited July 2015

Well, my honest hope is that cPanel has cleaned house and spent more time refining the development standards of WHMCS instead of adding features. I don't know what happened behind those doors all this time, but I know that cPanel has never (in my time using it) had the kind of holes that WHMCS has had, that weren't patched with extreme urgency.

If I can say the same of WHMCS moving forward, I'll be very happy.

Thanked by 1wych
    • wychwych Member

@Jar said:
      Well, my honest hope is that cPanel has cleaned house and spent more time refining the development standards of WHMCS instead of adding features.

>

+1.

Maybe a faster release cycle coming and 6.1, 6.2 etc will bring much more to the table.

Taking a hiatus.

• Not sure why everyone is bitching so much. Grated I haven't tried it yet. But from looking at a developer perspective, supporting composer, namespaces, and using a proper API and ORM makes a dev's life a LOT easier with extending it all. Plus the template overrides is pretty cool as well.

Oh and it does seem that it supports auto cancellation of Paypal subscriptions. which has bitten me more than once.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Provider

Updated and everything is working fine.

• irmirm Member

Anyone have issues with modules not working or anything? That's what is holding me off the most right now.

• jarjar Provider
      edited July 2015

@irm said:
      Anyone have issues with modules not working or anything? That's what is holding me off the most right now.

No problems here. Modules VestaCP, one of the Stripe modules, and FraudRecord. It's up and running on MXroute right now.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Provider

The ModulesGarden "Payment Gatewat Charge" module not run with WHMCS 6.

If active, the client get a error on the checkout process:

Notice: Undefined property: WHMCS\Smarty::$_tpl_vars in vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 738

I've reported the bug to MG.

@ModulesGarden

Voxility DDoS protected BGP starting from 250 EUR/month. Contact us.
      SSD VPS in Spain ☛ 9.99€/year ★ We accept Bitcoins! ★ DMCA ignore ★
    • SliderSlider Member

@Jar said:
      No problems here. Modules VestaCP, one of the Stripe modules, and FraudRecord. It's up and running on MXroute right now.

What about the solusvm plugin? Haven't taken a look but want to make sure everything works!

Imbahost.com - SSD Shared and KVM VPS Hosting

• jarjar Provider

@Slider said:
      What about the solusvm plugin? Haven't taken a look but want to make sure everything works!

Ah that I'm not sure. I jumped in early because I only provision on VestaCP for one reseller, and all cPanel for new customers. I've got a bit less riding on it than others.

• Does this update include new admin features / themes?

PetaByet - Server Benchmarks + Free GeoIP API

Run a benchmark today and compare with other users!

• inb4 exploits

If the future of the webhosting industry is dictated by a corporate title tag.. we have a HUGE issue. Help make it stop by boycotting WebHostingTalk

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

Slider said: What about the solusvm plugin?

Looking at the support system it does not work with version 6. We are looking into it now. Orders go through but custom fields are not populated after creation.

• upgraded with no issues: https://ssl.nanobit.pro/

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

Jar said: Well, my honest hope is that cPanel has cleaned house and spent more time refining the development standards of WHMCS instead of adding features.

I hope that too but with that said even if no new features are added specifically on first release I hope they have fixed some of the things that have been broken for 2 years while they were rewriting.

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• sdglhmsdglhm Member

delta360net said: upgraded with no issues

Our old theme got broke after updating. Is there anything specific to add or remove with 6.0 ?

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Provider

sdglhm said: Our old theme got broke after updating. Is there anything specific to add or remove with 6.0 ?

If you bought the theme from a third party you'd have to wait for them to release a 6.0 compatible version of the theme... if you're using your own custom header and footer it shouldn't be too hard to port over to whmcs 6.0