Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does 2CO often take to check fraud?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long does 2CO often take to check fraud?

sonicsonic Veteran
edited November 2012 in Help

Hello,
I order VPS from liquid-solutions.biz and paid via 2CO (paypal method). 2CO charged my PP account 10 hours ago, but my Invoice with Liquid Whmcs status still UNPAID. I submit ticket and @Alex_LiquidHost say me wait till the fraud check is complete. I dont know what happening coz 10 hours passed. 2CO takes more than 10 hours to check fraud?

Comments

• The process takes up to 24 hours.

• Sometimes even longer if it's on a weekend.

• This is why we prefer Paypal unfortunately.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

For me, it usually takes up to 1 hour, usually quicker though.

If it's not marked as paid soon, then submit a ticket and I'm sure they'll look at it for you.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Unfortunately I can't afford to set your order untill the check is complete. After all, we are talking about 10-15 vps.

• 2CO never checked for fraud at me, paid 2 times with it

@Albert said: 2CO never checked for fraud at me, paid 2 times with it

sometimes it's very quick :-)

• sonicsonic Veteran
    edited November 2012

Right, i ofter order and pay via 2CO, they often take me 5-10 mins only. I dont know why this order take me long time like this case :D

• Usually payment comes through 10 - 30 Mins later, the fraud screening result.

• Most of the time 2-10 minutes. Passing a lot of fraud of course ...

• @sonic can be taking longer because you were on a VPN? happened with me once and the screening process took a lot of time (in days)

• The longest delay in Fraud checking for me via 2CO was 2 minutes...

• my longest delay is about 18hours, because using VPN (US IP address, and i'm from indonesia)

• It can be a few days, they do 1 automated pass/fail and then a certain amount of them go to manual review.

• Can be minutes, hours, or days. Depending on the day of the week.

• Update: Invoice status is still Unpaid. Very bad experience with 2CO :(

• sonicsonic Veteran
    edited November 2012

@Jack: i havent received any mail related failed fraud check. I received only receipt mail from Paypal let me know that 2CO charged my account :D

Pic: http://i.imgur.com/14tKu.jpg

• sonicsonic Veteran
    edited November 2012

@Jack: Humm, but i'm not at US. I try to visit their support site at 2co.com but i cant locate my order. System says my order number not found.

PP charged 1 day ago: http://i.imgur.com/14tKu.jpg

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

their fraud check don't guarantee that the order is fraud free, just waste of time.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: Unfortunately I can't afford to set your order untill the check is complete. After all, we are talking about 10-15 vps.

He's been a member here since August and has 63 comments. Seems like he wouldn't be so active here if he was using stolen payment information to pay for VPS's.

• @Jack said: 2checkout just refund the payment if it fails though... Alex wouldn't get the $.

Could give him a single vps for now.

@Corey said: Could give him a single vps for now.

The VMs were setup days ago :)

• Every order that takes longer than a hour usually ends up being flagged as fraud. I think they have a flag system that nabs up some for further review and those take the longest.

• @Corey @FRCorey @Jack: Sorry i forget update result.

2CO refund money with out reason, very very bad because i had to wait for their fraud process for long time. Then, i have to buy LR from exchanger (1lr = 1,5 paypal), OMG!

Then i pay invoice via LR and my pending vps were activated. Never choose 2CO again, just waste time

• @WebProject : you right! 2CO let me wait appro ~5 days then they cancel and refund money.

@FRCorey said: Every order that takes longer than a hour usually ends up being flagged as fraud. I think they have a flag system that nabs up some for further review and those take the longest.

Not true. It depends on the load as well, location of the buyer and many factors.

For example we have peaks where we get 30-40 orders per hour, which indeed causes a dellay of a couple of hours.

Seems a while. I'm waiting for a SemoWeb order to go through atm

Maybe not that long :)

• JacobJacob Member
    edited November 2012

30-40 orders per hour, share your secret.. :-)

I just push 2-10 a day.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited November 2012

We just had a order flagged (last week) from 2CO from April of this year with no chargeback (7 months ago).

Starting to dislike them.