Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS alternatives
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS alternatives

elgselgs Member

I'm new to WHMCS. It seems to be quite popular. I'm planning to play with WHMCS with Proxmox for KVM virtualization. So rather than the expensive WHMCS, is there any other alternative to recommend? Thanks.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

WHMCS expensive ??

Hostbill is great.

Thanked by 3elgs Lee adxn
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

It depends on what you want to do. WHMCS has a lot of features, and you want find another billing system with the same set. But you probably won't use all of them, so depending on which you use there may exist an alternative.

• elgselgs Member

It might not be expensive for a running business. But I'm playing with it at home, so it's expensive for me right now.

• Speak to Mike @ licensecart.com he will tell you what to get.

Thanked by 2elgs 17brownj
  • BruceBruce Member

blesta. free with a VPS, if you're interested

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

If you are just playing at home why do you need a billing panel?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • elgselgs Member
    edited July 2015

@Awmusic12635 said:
    If you are just playing at home why do you need a billing panel?

It's just because it's talked a lot, and I'm interested in playing with it. Possibly someday building a hosting website. :)

edited July 2015

Well, if you want to play with WHMCS, then there's no alternative that will work...

• elgselgs Member

@perennate said:
    Well, if you want to play with WHMCS, then there's no alternative that will work...

So is there any alternatives to play with at home for the moment of time, with a heart of building a hosting website. I'm actually wondering whether WHMCS is a must for the hosting business.

elgs said: So is there any alternatives to play with at home for the moment of time, with a heart of building a hosting website. I'm actually wondering whether WHMCS is a must for the hosting business.

If you want something easy to set up and configure a wide range of features (ticket departments, tax, invoices), then WHMCS is a good option. Most other billing panels have much less customizability or features or whatever. But if you have specific needs then you will probably be able to find another solution that may be cheaper.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • if you are referring to alternatives with comparable addons / modules, do not believe there's any.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • @Bruce I am. Can you PM me more details?

• Boxbilling since it's free

• Blesta is the only other billing system that I know of that comes close to matching WHMCS in terms of features and functionality, but every billing system has its pros and cons... You just need to take a look at as many as you can and the features / functions they perform.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited July 2015

hmmm looking for free stuff?

FREE Blesta too with KVM 1GB RAM, upgrade to 2GB, storage 40GB @ $14.95

• elgselgs Member

What would be the actually TOC plus all necessary add-ons, seems the addons for WHMCS are not cheap.

• BruceBruce Member

I bought WHMCS a few years ago. I'd consider blesta if I didn't have WHMCS. multi-company is a nice feature. also most source is open )not encoded), so you can tweak it for your own needs.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • You can get a cheap reseller hosting package, which includes WHMCS (Internal) license. The cheapest that I have found is with SkyNetHosting (around $10/month). In case this is just for playing around - it would work just fine.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • LicenseCart.com

• Blesta, not sure if it supports Proxmox but I know it supports SolusVM.

• @QuadraNet_Adam said:
    Blesta, not sure if it supports Proxmox but I know it supports SolusVM.

yes it does ;)

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Blesta has built in module for Proxmox & for WHMCS you gotta buy the module from ModulesGarden (I use the module).

The module costs $99 one time and works great with lots of features.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2015

I know it's frowned upon for businesses to do so, but if it's just for playing with at home (and on a virtual PC or something) can you not use a... free version of WHMCS (free as in linux ISO free)?

• @hostnoob said:
    I know it's frowned upon for businesses to do so, but if it's just for playing with at home (and on a virtual PC or something) can you not use a... free version of WHMCS (free as in linux ISO free)?

That assumes he doesn't get a rat packed version.

• Blesta.

• WHMCS all the way. Blesta is coming along though.

• JsonJson Member

You can try WHsuite. It's still in beta so it's free to try

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

You can email WHMCS and ask them for a development license that can be used on localhost.

• Host4Geeks said: You can email WHMCS and ask them for a development license that can be used on localhost.

Have these sort of requests been granted in the past?

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

@HostMyBytes said:

We do have a Dev license for our developer who works on a local instance of our CRM, of which WHMCS is a part.