Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adding two PayPal Gateways in WHMCS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Adding two PayPal Gateways in WHMCS?

zafouharzafouhar Veteran
edited November 2012 in General

Is it possible to add two PayPal Gateways in WHMCS and use a different PayPal Gateway according to the product ordered? Basically i want to use the normal PayPal and the micropayments PayPal.

Comments

• I know you can add multiple Paypal's as Gateways, And on each Product group you can choose the payment options, So you can configure this yes, If you need help msg me on here, And ill do my best :)

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited November 2012

Micropayments is activated account wide, it's not possible to just "turn it off" on larger payments unless you of course have 2 accounts then could just copy the paypal module and rename it paypal2.php etc?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@StormVZ said: unless you of course have 2 accounts

From what I read on Paypal's site, you cannot enable Micropayments on your existing Paypal account so you need to have 2 accounts if you want to accept both payments.

• .. And you are not allowed to have two paypal accounts. Ok, you can - one business and one personal, but still...

• @rds100 According to PayPal you can have two accounts it seems:

Merchants who wish to use PayPal's micropayments pricing need to open a new PayPal account through this account registration page.
    Merchants who receive both macro and micro payments should maintain two separate accounts:
    An account to apply their standard rate to macropayments.
    An account to apply the micropayments rate to their micropayments.

Ref: https://www.paypalobjects.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_micropayments.html

Another related question; say i have a product with Monthly/Quarterly/Annually billing options. Say for Monthly i want it to be processed as a micropayment transaction so i put it in a group as what @MonsteR said - but i want Quarterly and Annually to be processed normally - would i need to create this product twice? one for monthly and one for quarterly and annually?

• @zafouhar I think yo may have to do it twice unless you code into WHMCS, but that would be the only way I am aware of.

• @MonsteR Ok thanks!

• cupidcupid Member, Host Rep

i check this up and test it, no need for multi PayPal Gateways
    and also paypal not allowed more than 1 PayPal Gateway.

WHMCS Automatic setup your site url as of temporary paypal gateway, so when someone pays using non paypal gateways whmcs site, it return to the whmcs site that is paid from and mark as paid with whmcs, so no need for that, it's working without any problems :-)

• I wonder why you can't have multiple for business if you have multiple businesses that you want to keep the transactions separate.

• The break-even point is $12 on micro vs macro payments. If you're not anticipating selling many products over $12, you could just run micro payment account for everything.

• @MonsteR I am having issues with adding multiple payment gateways in WHMCS. When i copy the paypal.php gateway file, rename and add it back the configgateways.php page displays as blank. Am i doing something wrong here?

• @zahoufar

Yes, you're doing it wrong, it's not possible to just copy-paste (because WHMCS is crap)

• WHMCS is not crap just they have manual how to make a gateway module :)

• I have also just send them a support ticket about this.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

I've got the decoded gateway script if anyone wants it please PM me.

• I have sent you a pm @httpzoom

• @httpzoom said: I've got the decoded gateway script if anyone wants it please PM me

Is it WHMCS' own gateway script?

Damian,

It sure is.

• @httpzoom said: It sure is.

Isn't that a license violation?

edited December 2012

Im not sure, I paid them directly for the file. You can also contact them and request the decoded version if you'd like to.

I asked them for a duplicated Paypal module and they said "It would be $40 if you would like us to create a duplicate Paypal module. I have now generated an invoice, please reply to the ticket after making the payment if you would like to have it."

As far as I am aware I paid for custom coding and therefore I can do as I like with the file.