Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DNS not fully resolving
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DNS not fully resolving

So I had some complaints from users not able to access my site in some locations. Well its been 72 hours since I've changed my dns and its still not fully resolved. Any suggestions? I just created a new SYS server with a fresh install of plesk. After doing a whatsmydns only about half resolve. Any ideas of what's going on? This is really strange.

Comments

• change the A name in your old server to your new IP, it'll resolve immediately.

• What DNS servers are you using?

• http://leafdns.com/ check here for any sort of error.

• @bullten said:
    http://leafdns.com/ check here for any sort of error.

I get this.None of your nameserver names contain glue or A records. This error is fatal. Your domain is not resolveable

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

@hyelton said:
    I get this.None of your nameserver names contain glue or A records. This error is fatal. Your domain is not resolveable

That site tells BS, reports all of my domains as offline aswell. Give dnsinspect.com a shot!

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • Sounds like you didn't add your glue records at your registrar (e.g. you add hosts on their dns panel) and you need A / AAAA records for your ns1-4 or whatever also. I have a DNS provider that a couple times a year they change an ip of their name servers so my glue / A / AAAA records always break. (but its free and I have too many domains to move away).

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • It says It has no a records. Why not? Everything is setup correctly

• @VPSSoldiers said:
    Sounds like you didn't add your glue records at your registrar (e.g. you add hosts on their dns panel) and you need A / AAAA records for your ns1-4 or whatever also. I have a DNS provider that a couple times a year they change an ip of their name servers so my glue / A / AAAA records always break. (but its free and I have too many domains to move away).

Yeah I added everything correctly just as I did before.

• VPSSoldiersVPSSoldiers Member
    edited July 2015

@hyelton said:
    It says It has no a records. Why not? Everything is setup correctly

is there an A / AAAA record for your base domain (e.g. domain.com) and your nameservers (e.g. ns1-4.domain.com)?

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited July 2015

Yes name servers are all setup correctly at the register. Also it's resolvable in a ton of places I've had about 6k visitors today. But yet there's a percentage of people that cannot access it. Or use a proxy to be able to get to t.

• You could query some of the nameservers that some of the people are using in linux its

$ dig domain.com @8.8.8.8

where 8.8.8.8 (google) is the resolver you are checking then you look in the answer section to see if all the information is updated or not.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited July 2015

For any DNS related questions you have to tell us the domain name. We can't help you if you don't tell us the domain.

If you are not willing to share the domain then try the tool at intodns.com . That's all I can say without knowing the domain name.

• Add A record to your ip to point to ur nameserver. That is the reason of not getting resolved.

• @Abdussamad said:
    For any DNS related questions you have to tell us the domain name. We can't help you if you don't tell us the domain.

If you are not willing to share the domain then try the tool at intodns.com . That's all I can say without knowing the domain name.

Well I didnt want to be considered spamming. The domain is StorageCow.eu

• Unless its the register having problems.. I was going to remove and readd the glue records/nameservers. Well its doing what it did a few days ago, When I go to remove them the page sits on "processing" until I refresh then its gone, same happens when adding it will "process" forever until I refresh and then it will show up. My register is InternetBS

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Use dig to query the nameservers. Problem found.

• You need to register your nameservers ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk at internetbs.net:

http://www.host-stage.net/client-area/knowledgebase/62/How-to-register-your-nameservers-at-InternetBS.html

Point them to the IP address of your DNS server.

edited July 2015

@Abdussamad said:
    You need to register your nameservers ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk at internetbs.net:

http://www.host-stage.net/client-area/knowledgebase/62/How-to-register-your-nameservers-at-InternetBS.html

Point them to the IP address of your DNS server.

Ive already done that 3 days ago, If you look up hunterspad.co.uk you`ll see the A records

I know how to do that :p I'm not that noob lol

• hyelton said: Ive already done that 3 days ago.

You haven't done it. It returns an nxdomain when looking up ns1 or ns2.

• $ dig @208.67.222.222 +short NS storagecow.eu sdns1.ovh.ca. ns516818.ip-192-99-160.net.

• @Abdussamad said:

If you lookup HuntersPad.co.uk You`ll see that ive done it.

• VPSSoldiers said:

$ dig @208.67.222.222 +short NS storagecow.eu sdns1.ovh.ca. ns516818.ip-192-99-160.net.

Interesting. I was getting ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk from whois.

• @VPSSoldiers said:
    $ dig 208.67.222.222 +short NS storagecow.eu sdns1.ovh.ca. ns516818.ip-192-99-160.net.

I seen that when looking it up, But thats not whats set at my register. So I have no clue why thats happening Besides OVH mucking up my DNS

edited July 2015

@Abdussamad said:
    Interesting. I was getting ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk from whois.

I think OVH/SYS is to blame on this one. As everything my way is set the same as I have always done it. Ive never had this issue, except for something wrong with the register, which has no resolving at all.

edited July 2015

hyelton said: I seen that when looking it up, But thats not whats set at my register. So I have no clue why thats happening Besides OVH mucking up my DNS

Set ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk for storagecow.eu again. They may not have been set before because you hadn't properly reged ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk.

https://internetbs.net/faq/content/1/13/en/how-to-update-the-list-of-dns-nameservers-linked-to-a-domain.html

edited July 2015

Ive already done that too. I did it about an hour ago.

Also keep in mind, its halfway pointing to the actual site. Some can reach it, some cannot

• The only time I've seen this is when my glue records were wrong at my registrar, my ip's were wrong, once I changed the ip's to the correct ones it all worked perfectly.

edited July 2015

hyelton said: Ive already done that too. I did it about an hour ago.

Set ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk for storagecow.eu again. They may not have been set before because you hadn't properly reged ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk until a few mins ago.

edited July 2015

@Abdussamad said:
    Set ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk for storagecow.eu again. They may not have been set before because you hadn't properly reged ns1 and ns2.hunterspad.co.uk until a few mins ago.

I did stoagecow.eu a few min ago as well. Hadn't proper reged hunterspad.co.uk? Its been properly reged for 3 day now, and has been working for 3 days now just fine.

• VPSSoldiersVPSSoldiers Member
    edited July 2015

a few mins ago:

$ host ns1.hunterspad.co.uk Host ns1.hunterspad.co.uk not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Just now

$ host ns1.hunterspad.co.uk ns1.hunterspad.co.uk has address 192.99.160.143

This discussion has been closed.