Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LeaseWeb - %40 discount | KVM VPS in NL, DE, US @ €3/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LeaseWeb - %40 discount | KVM VPS in NL, DE, US @ €3/m

I'm in now way affiliated with them. Just wanted to share it with others since it's amazing offer.

--

LeaseWeb offers %40 discount for KVM VPS range with coupon code "SAVE40"

This gives you KVM VPS in NL, DE, US and soon in SG (Singapore) -> probably some weeks:

S plan for €3

vCPU: 1 Core
vRAM: 1GB
Disk: 40GB (SAN Storage, RAID 10)
Traffic: 4TB
Network: 1Gbps

M plan for €6

vCPU: 2 Core
vRAM: 2GB
Disk: 60GB (SAN Storage, RAID 10)
Traffic: 6TB
Network: 1Gbps

Order here: https://www.leaseweb.com/cloud/public/virtual-server

Network with test files: https://www.leaseweb.com/platform/network

Comments

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Damn triennial billing reduces that price even further...

• Anyone have experience with LeaseWeb in the US? I can't see which specific location it is, if it's the US East or US West location.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

mikeyur said: I can't see which specific location it is,

Their live chat can tell you :)

• @4n0nx said:
    Their live chat can tell you :)

Live Chat is offline. It's going to the email form.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • edited July 2015

AFAIK they are in a DC in Manassas .

I did some googling and this is what I found:

https://www.leaseweb.com/platform/data-centers/WDC-01

EDIT:
    9651 Hornbaker Road Manassas, VA 20109, United States
    https://www.leaseweb.com/sites/default/files/Network-Map-2014-LeaseWeb-USA-800_1.jpg

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @inthecloudblog Yeah, they also have San Jose. But it looks like the DC/VA one is bigger, so probably where they'd host these services. https://www.leaseweb.com/platform/data-centers

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • When i'm googling around there's only bad review for their kvm vps range.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @budi1413 said:
    When i'm googling around there's only bad review for their kvm vps range.

Care to share your findings?

• tommytommy Member

wow really nice :D

• chrispchrisp Member

Hope the discount is still valid when they introduce SG KVM. Anyone can tell if their KVM are any good in general?

• ben78ben78 Member

Is this recuring? Seems so but not sure... Thanks

• LeaseWeb Sales: Can I help you find what you’re looking for?
    Me: What datacenter are the virtual servers hosted in if I select the US option?
    LeaseWeb Sales: Washinton DC

Me: are the resources like cpu shared or dedicated?
    LeaseWeb Sales: It is shaed
    shared

Me: Is the Save40 coupon one-time or recurring?
    ie. if I select a monthly term, will I continue to get the 40% off after the first month, or only on first invoice
    LeaseWeb Sales: the promotion is for the whole term of your contract until you cancel your server
    Me: ok, but if it renews monthly or quarterly, that pricing will stay the same?
    LeaseWeb Sales: Not entirely sure, i'm afraid that i would have our sales department follow you up on that questions. Currently they are out of office but they can reply to your questions on monday if you would like?

Me: What's the setup time like for a new account? Just curious if it'll take a couple days for verification, etc
    LeaseWeb Sales: Well once verification is done. then the setup time for a vps is within 24 hours on a business day.
    Verification can be done right away after a call from our team.

Me: If I decide to change locations, ie. I select US but later want to move to NL, is that possible?
    (obviously with an IP address change and such)
    LeaseWeb Sales: I'm afraid that that is not possible. You would have to order a new server for each location.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AcexxxAcexxx Member

Ordered. Phone verification called after 2 hrs. from payment and VPS setup an hour after verification.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • zfalllzfalll Member
    edited July 2015

@mikeyur said:
    Anyone have experience with LeaseWeb in the US? I can't see which specific location it is, if it's the US East or US West location.

I asked, East. I would buy if it was West. :(

• @zfalll Yeah, I spoke with live chat. The speeds of the east coast box are actually quite good for me, so I think I'm going to pick one up along with DE. Will update on how it goes.

Probably order in the morning though, need to sleep and will miss the verification call if they call in the next couple hours.

• Nice find, LeaseWeb is a serious company.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member

Now they offer much more BW.. nice :)

• Bought it a few days ago when they post an offer at WHT. The promo worked for vps and dedi at that time. I will let it run small blog for a few months to test it

• emreemre Member, LIR

PLAN S Germany,

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.2.1
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2400.084 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 994 MB
    Total amount of swap : 3903 MB
    System uptime :   10:16,       
    Download speed from CacheFly: 76.3MB/s 
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 10.7MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 11.6MB/s 
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.68MB/s 
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 51.9MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 56.8MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.68MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 8.56MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 8.55MB/s 
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 15.6MB/s 
    I/O speed :  78.3 MB/s

• sinsin Member
    edited July 2015

mikeyur said: Probably order in the morning though, need to sleep and will miss the verification call if they call in the next couple hours.

You can just call them, I did the phone verification about 6 months ago and rather then wait for them I just called the number they provided me and a lady picked up on like the 2nd ring and just verified my address.

The 40% off is a recurring (I have 4 different VPSes all purchased during Leaseweb sales the past few months of course this sale is the best since they lowered the price beforehand and the discount goes on top). They will provide you with a /64 IPv6 if you open up a ticket.

Their control panel includes a firewall, ability to assign ssh keys to your VMs, and a nice console that you can cut and paste to.

• fanfan Veteran

Last time I signed up with Leaseweb they asked for 1000 Euro initial deposit to proceed......The VPS I signed up for was only 2.5 euro per month though.

• sinsin Member

fan said: Last time I signed up with Leaseweb they asked for 1000 Euro initial deposit to proceed......The VPS I signed up for was only 2.5 euro per month though.

What was the 1,000 Euro deposit for?

• @fan probably didn't pay due invoices? Escalate it to administration, it's not acceptable at all.

• Did someone managed to setup the IPv6?

They've assigned me a /64, but I can't find the gateway or the nameserver except from the IPv6 knowledgebase and the Cheat sheet

• sinsin Member

ErawanArifNugroho said: They've assigned me a /64, but I can't find the gateway or the nameserver except from the IPv6 knowledgebase and the Cheat sheet

They should have provided you the gateway in the IPv6 email they sent you...here the example email they send (I've had it setup on 4 different VPSes)

Dear Mr.xxxxx,

In response to your request I would like to inform you.

We have assigned a range of IPv6 addresses to your server hosting pack XXX001, you
    can configure the following IPs on the server:

Until: xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:1::xxxx

Netmask: /64
    Gateway: xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::1

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • I'm having issues login in. I have just a url and an Ip.. Any clues?
    thanks OP :)

• sinsin Member

inthecloudblog said: I'm having issues login in. I have just a url and an Ip.. Any clues? thanks OP :)

You mean getting into the customer or control panel or ? You control all your Leaseweb services (including VPSes) from here https://secure.leaseweb.us/auth/customer/login

• fanfan Veteran

@alexvolk said:
    fan probably didn't pay due invoices? Escalate it to administration, it's not acceptable at all.

Nope, that was my first time with them, they ask for the deposit because "you country is a high risk one" blah blah blah......

• edited July 2015

@sin said:

I just entered,thanks. They apparently have an ad hoc control panel which is a f. jaw dropper.

• sin said: They should have provided you the gateway in the IPv6 email they sent you...

I have send a ticket, but one of the member give me a wrong allocation. Another hour after the ticket, another support team send me another IPv6 with gateway, and it's all working now :)