Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Help] UK Bank Account for Non-Resident !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Help] UK Bank Account for Non-Resident !

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,

Is there any Bank in UK who gives the opportunity to open a Bank Account in UK if I don't reside in the UK nor I'm a British !

If they don't directly provide, then is it possible for someone else to open on My Name ?? I have My Country Issued Passport / Govt. National ID.

Regards,
Mahfuz.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Try HSBC. It will cost money though.

No one can open an account in your name legally.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

You could maybe go to a local branch of a UK bank to open an account. Maybe...

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Clouvider said:
    Try HSBC. It will cost money though.

No one can open an account in your name legally.

In HSBC, I got a Lot of Restrictions ! :/

• Or bank in money to some nice Brits accounts on LET and asked 'em to help out :O

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

4n0nx said: You could maybe go to a local branch of a UK bank to open an account. Maybe...

OP: This is your only option (generally speaking) - it's possible in some countries, not sure if the UK.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • What nationality are you and where are you living right now?

• at HSBC international you can do it so but the min. opening deposit is 50k in pounds.

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited July 2015

Not that I'm aware of unless you live within the country, they're quite stringent and make you come in, I remember having to have my birth certificate, passport and a bill I think to prove I lived at my address?

Presume it's too high-risk to let someone who doesn't reside in the UK to have an account.

• It's possible, but you'll fall under a lot of scrutiny from the bank.

edited July 2015

Alternatively open a limited company and the account for it, that'll still be hard to arrange and there wil still be a lot of scrutiny, but it might be easier.

Anti money laundering laws are very strong in the UK hence making it very hard to open a bank account. HSBC goes extra mile, but you need to have a bit of money to start discussing it with them.

That's how it is.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Clouvider said: scrubituro My the back

o.o scrub your back

edited July 2015

Mobile dictionary, sorry

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Just go to a TSB branch. You will only need a passport.

Thanked by 14n0nx

And prove of address which is unobtainable by the non-resident.

• albertdb said: Just go to a TSB branch. You will only need a passport.

Think Op's issue is they're not from or live in the UK, hence making it almost if not impossible for them to get a Bank Account at all

• If you are not resident and you are not able to go into a bank branch then you have zero hope of getting an account in the UK. The KYC requirements are extreme as are most of Europe.

Cyprus maybe an option but you'll need to spend some ££ on nominee directors on a company.

• If you are EU (on British Overseas) citizen you can walk into pretty much any bank and open an account - If not you are pretty much lost. Opening accounts via Internet/Phone is not allowed by UKs KYC laws. Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey have easier KYC laws but won't allow opening via Phone/Internet either.

• MarkTurner said: Cyprus maybe an option but you'll need to spend some ££ on nominee directors on a company.

And you risk an involuntary haircut.

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • Clouvider said: Alternatively open a limited company and the account for it, that'll still be hard to arrange and there wil still be a lot of scrutiny, but it might be easier.

Even at that, take my advice, don't open it in UK. I remember opening my business one, talk about the annoyance.

Oh, Then it's very Hard -_-

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Then it's very Hard -_-

That's what she said XD

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

It's easy to open one in Amsterdam though.

What I actually Need is a PayPal Account in Any Country with the following Factors:

1. Able to Verify PayPal through My MasterCards (PayPal in All Countries Does this except UK, they use Bank Account Direct Debit Instruction :3 )

2. Able to Add My US Bank Account & If needed account can also be verified by this.

3. I have the ability to withdraw My Funds to that US Bank Account.

Singapore's PayPal Pte. isn't letting anyone to Add a US Bank Account & withdraw (only Locals are allowed now), so I'm searching for 2nd Option.

I heard New Zealand also don't allow this. Is here anybody who can tell Me which country's Account will let Me do the Above Number 1, 2, 3 ??

Thanks in Advance !

• None, you can only withdraw to an US bank account with US Paypal.

edited July 2015

@William, EU citizen needs proof of address at any UK bank. Proof of UK address. That's due to anti money laundering regulations. No one will stick out the neck.

• Come on, nobody want to help Mahfuz here hide some money from his local taxman?

• BruceBruce Member

you can buy an address. plenty of companies with London address are just using a service.

@William said:
    None, you can only withdraw to an US bank account with US Paypal.

No, I can withdraw to My US Bank Account through My UK Acocunt but the limit is 500 GBP For Life ! If I could verify My Account, then I could lift the Limit ! I'm badly in need of a Virtual / Physical Bank Account.

@JoeMerit said:
    Come on, nobody want to help Mahfuz here hide some money from his local taxman?

No, I pay Tax in My Country (Bangladesh) but unfortunately PayPal doesn't support Bangladesh :3

@Bruce said:
    you can buy an address. plenty of companies with London address are just using a service.

I can indeed do so, but Banks also require Proof of Identity which I can't provide because of not being a British Citizen !

Anyone know if PayPal accepts SEPA Bank Accounts ?? !!

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Anyone know if PayPal accepts SEPA Bank Accounts ?? !!

idea: call paypal and ask, or use google.