Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weird error with new solusVM node "Not enough available disk space left on node"
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Weird error with new solusVM node "Not enough available disk space left on node"

I've configured a new solusVM KVM node and after adding it to the master. It shows 100% of disk has been used.

Node Disk Limit 900GB Available - Limit: 900GB

Virtual Server Disk Usage:

Here is the resource report
Resource usage report

It seems like everything is fine but there is a configuration missing.

Here are the outputs that may be valuable,

# df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_srv5009-lv_root 50G 2.4G 45G 6% / tmpfs 16G 0 16G 0% /dev/shm /dev/sda1 477M 58M 394M 13% /boot /dev/mapper/vg_srv5009-lv_home 852G 174M 809G 1% /home

# vgs VG #PV #LV #SN Attr VSize VFree vg_srv5009 1 3 0 wz--n- 931.02g 0

# pvs PV VG Fmt Attr PSize PFree /dev/sda2 vg_srv5009 lvm2 a-- 931.02g 0

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited July 2015

please check vgdisplay.

Looks like you ain't set the volume group up right... want me to help you out?

this has happened me to once or twice before where I've not set the VG group right.

• # vgdisplay --- Volume group --- VG Name vg_srv5009 System ID Format lvm2 Metadata Areas 1 Metadata Sequence No 4 VG Access read/write VG Status resizable MAX LV 0 Cur LV 3 Open LV 3 Max PV 0 Cur PV 1 Act PV 1 VG Size 931.02 GiB PE Size 4.00 MiB Total PE 238341 Alloc PE / Size 238341 / 931.02 GiB Free PE / Size 0 / 0 VG UUID 4VjrNl-n9wM-E9tv-SGej-smJV-2MUm-9fqpRX

Seems like everything is fine. I couldn't find any error.

• SadySady Member

Have you put the VG NAME in solusvm?

• edanedan Member
      Free  PE / Size       0 / 0

That's the problems.

• @sdglhm said:
    # vgdisplay --- Volume group --- VG Name vg_srv5009 System ID Format lvm2 Metadata Areas 1 Metadata Sequence No 4 VG Access read/write VG Status resizable MAX LV 0 Cur LV 3 Open LV 3 Max PV 0 Cur PV 1 Act PV 1 VG Size 931.02 GiB PE Size 4.00 MiB Total PE 238341 Alloc PE / Size 238341 / 931.02 GiB Free PE / Size 0 / 0 VG UUID 4VjrNl-n9wM-E9tv-SGej-smJV-2MUm-9fqpRX

Seems like everything is fine. I couldn't find any error.

Quick question. Did you set up this machine?

Do you have IPMI access?

• MSPNick said: Quick question. Did you set up this machine?

Do you have IPMI access?

No. I've used web based installer.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Also,

PE Size               4.00 MiB

Should be 32MB if my memory is good.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited July 2015

@sdglhm said:
    No. I've used web based installer.

Want to pm me your Skype so I can help you :-)

If memory serves me right, you'll need to reinstall the system.

You need to create the LVM group and then mark it as a volume group.. to fill.

• MSPNick said: Want to pm me your Skype so I can help you :-)

If memory serves me right, you'll need to reinstall the system.

You need to create the LVM group and then mark it as a volume group.. to fill.

Thank you for your help @MSPNick , I was able to solve it. Forgot to create a volume group. Sorry about troubling you guys. It was my fault all along.

• @sdglhm said:
    Thank you for your help MSPNick , I was able to solve it. Forgot to create a volume group. Sorry about troubling you guys. It was my fault all along.

No worries :-)