Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best shared hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best shared hosting?

Hello,

I'm hosted with Medialayer since ages and it seems it's closing down due to the death of the CEO. I need the best shared hosting for a large news website.

I need around 20Gb of space, 100G of Bandwidth. SSD + Litespeed.

I can pay up to $20/mo.

I just need the company to be reliable, etc..

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Comments

• SiteGround.com

Perfect hosting, 3 locations (US, EU, Asia), great speed, Cache system, their bigger plan includes dedicated IP and SSl certificate. Also Cloudflare railgun. Support is friendly and available 24/7.

I'm their customer for two years.

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited July 2015

http://nexhost.net/hosting/shared-hosting/

We have a $5 plan that meet your criteria however,
    We do not have SSD storage but we do have Hardware Raid storage, Litespeed and we can even issue you a free Dedicated IP, Backups made daily with ddos protection and help you with migration.

Here you may view our pingdom stats for uptime and latency measurements.

http://stats.pingdom.com/1d5sszyr02wp

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I could do your specs at $6.25, but with Apache.

• @JoeBiss said:
    due to the death of the CEO.

That's quiet tragic.

• SimiSimi Member

Check out Kloud51/webhosting, you can get 51GB storage with 551GB transfer many new features included and unlimited: see the details on cart page.

• buyvm?

• @Die_Quelle said:
    buyvm?

Since April:

• @Traffic said:

i bet its just a ping or web check block.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

Die_Quelle said: i bet its just a ping or web check block.

1h+ block? Last one was earlier today.

• @Traffic said:
    1h+ block? Last one was earlier today.

Maybe @francisco can answer this.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Maybe getting a null?

If shared was that bumpy we'd have plenty of tickets about it. The only ticket I've had about Luxembourg is if we'd get Cloudflare Railgun added.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • Die_Quelle said: i bet its just a ping or web check block.

Guess you are right.

Thanked by 1Die_Quelle

@Traffic said:

Let me know either way. I can only go by what my own monitors/ticket flow is saying. If you are seeing otherwise then there's obviously an issue somewhere that I'll want to check out :)

The last quirks I saw on Luxembourg were related to some bad RAM in the box cutting total available RAM by quite a bit, but we fixed that a couple weeks ago.

Thanks!

Francisco

• @Francisco PMing you.

• @Francisco said:
    Maybe getting a null?

If shared was that bumpy we'd have plenty of tickets about it. The only ticket I've had about Luxembourg is if we'd get Cloudflare Railgun added.

Francisco

I had about 1:15 downtime on Luxembourg as well last night according to pingdom, uptimerobot and statuscake.

edited July 2015

@PremiumN said:
    I had about 1:15 downtime on Luxembourg as well last night according to pingdom, uptimerobot and statuscake.

Forward me what you're monitoring for. Box's loads are nice and low, didn't reboot or anything, nor any recent nulls so i'm a little confused. Maybe litespeed crashed and didn't auto restart...But that wouldn't explain ping.

Either way, let me know as well!

EDIT - Yup, dammit litespeed. Thanks guys, found a bug I just sent over to the LSWS guys.

Francisco

• SadySady Member

@Onrahost has these all & fantastic support as well.

• ASO appears to meet your requirements.

http://asmallorange.com/hosting/shared/

• hawkhost comes to mind, used them for 5+ years and they are rock solid, quite fast(under 15 mins response most of the time). Downtown host another one of my favorite. I moved since i no longer host important site(now at buyvm, they are pretty solid but i have not tried their support).

• Well you could check our plans: https://spaceweb.eu , stable enought. :) And maybe the cheapest in the EU with valid VAT invoice.

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

here's my last 30 days uptime in Lux according to Pingdom.

since I use it for handful of non-critical sites I don't complain, but only yesterday:

• Can't help you on shared hosting (our load balanced platform uses Apache) but if you could roll with a VPS our 1GB SSD plan is $8/mo with our 20th anniversary coupon code. Looks like LiteSpeed is $14/mo, so that would plant you at $22/month and should offer more power and flexibility than shared. We would of course be more than happy to configure everything and help you migrate...

• NavynNavyn Member

Check our shared hosting plans hope you will like us.

• here's my uptime in Lu according to uptimerobot.

• Been using spaceweb.eu from @zweitiger for the last several months and it has been quite good. Also support is fast.

Thanked by 1ZweiTiger
  • @JoeBiss We are running several large scale Newspaper sites on our servers. You can open sales ticket to check the newspaper URLs and check our server latency, speed and so on. Our servers are having 100% network uptime SLA, 1Gbps Connectivity, DDoS protection.

• A2Hosting is the best choose

• scotwhitescotwhite Member
    edited July 2015

@JoeBiss said:
    Hello,

I'm hosted with Medialayer since ages and it seems it's closing down due to the death of the CEO. I need the best shared hosting for a large news website.

I need around 20Gb of space, 100G of Bandwidth. SSD + Litespeed.

I can pay up to $20/mo.

I just need the company to be reliable, etc..

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Go with dreamhost.com where currently they are offering unlimited bandwidth & storage as well as SSD too. And available at only $5.95 per month. Checkout http://www.cheapsslcouponcode.com/store/dreamhost.com to get discount coupon.

• sinsin Member

belinik said: hawkhost comes to mind, used them for 5+ years and they are rock solid, quite fast(under 15 mins response most of the time).

Would recommend Hawk Host too, have a few shared accounts with them for 5 years also :) and they're been great.

• arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited July 2015

hawkhost and asmallorange are pretty solid