Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ikoula-A compliant about them
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ikoula-A compliant about them

nocheersnocheers Member
edited July 2015 in Reviews

At first, sorry for my poor English because English is not my mother tongue.
I'm raising this new discussion to show my real experience with ikoula and to make a compliant about them !
On the afternoon of June 29th(GMT +8, Beijing Time) , I have found the ikoula servers-Green Fish Promo is in stock again. So I registered account and placed an order for the Green Fish Promo. After that, a bill information was sent to my email that asked me to validate my account by sending them the photo of my ID card.

So I sent this email and gave them photos immediately.

But I have got nothing in next 72 hours. Neither the information of the account identification nor the information of the dedi servers was informed to me.
And I only received an email like that:

I really don't understand the meaning of out of stock ? I have paid the bill before it was out of stock again on the webpages and the bill information was sent to my own email. And I also know nothing of the validation of my account, so I replied:

I got no reply again up till now! So I have made a complaint about their service:

And , also, I have got nothing reply up till now(nearly 72h). And nobody tried to contact me via my email to give me a refund.
So I guess they have ripped me off :

1.I give all my detail information and money to them in exchange of nothing.

2.A friend of mine has got the dedi , but he placed the order later than me.

3.I am sure I have placed the order before it was out of stock again on the webpages. THEY ARE CHEATING the customers.

4.Nothing has replied to me up till now, they are not very hard-working guys. DigitalOcean can give me a reply within 30 minute and Linodes are even faster. I could say nothing but disappointment about their service now.

That's all for my compliant.

Comments

• Ikoula is not summer host who will use your ID. They do run business for more than 15 years.

First verified order - First served.

Don't be angry; wouldn't help at all.

• nocheersnocheers Member
    edited July 2015

@alexvolk said:
    Ikoula is not summer host who will use your ID. They do run business for more than 15 years.

First verified order - First served.

Don't be angry; wouldn't help at all.

Thank you for your reply. But I really wanna know why they answer the email so slow?

• Ikoula did offer you a refund or back order for you. This is totally honest practice and I did n't find any cheating here. I think you should change the title to something else.

They did mention - First come first served.. don't angry if you don't get it because you are late. A little patient (if you willing to wait) since this is a good offer, you may get a stock with this heavily discount price.

• nocheersnocheers Member
    edited July 2015

@smile93 said:
    Ikoula did offer you a refund or back order for you. This is totally honest practice and I did n't find any cheating here. I think you should change the title to something else.

They did mention - First come first served.. don't angry if you don't get it because you are late. A little patient (if you willing to wait) since this is a good offer, you may get a stock with this heavily discount price.

Hello, thank you for your reply. First come first served is always right.I have changed the Tittle. But why they oversell their dedis on the webpage(means they sell the dedi orders but don't have enough dedis) ? Also why they answered the email so slow?
    Nice day!

• I got one of the dedis on offer - just !

My impression is that they struggled to keep up with demand for this excellent offer. Maybe Sales/Marketing and Provisioning need to get together and work out a better strategy for future offers like this.

Since my server became operational I have had good service & communication from them. On my request they modified the renewal date to reflect the 24 hours lost between payment and provision, and their monitoring of my server even informed me that my SSH was not functioning correctly (I had changed the port).

Advice for the future - get on to an offer like this as quickly as possible and chase, chase, chase until you get delivery.

• TermietTermiet Member
    edited July 2015

<snip > Bunch of whining remarks

All in all, PLEASE keep away from the service of Ikoula.

It looks like you did not read their e-mails. Or maybe you did not understand them. It would be better for the world if you would never post again.

Ikoula is a real host, with good reputation. The fact that you do not comprehend their communications does not give you the right to foulmouth them. And I am sure that you will edit your ridiculous post and offer them an apology.

• erkinerkin Member

They can't hold servers for every customers who are being waited for necessary steps. He who completes steps first, gets the server.

• @Termiet said:
    <snip > Bunch of whining remarks
    Ikoula is a real host, with good reputation. The fact that you do not comprehend their communications does not give you the right to foulmouth them. And I am sure that you will edit your ridiculous post and offer them an apology.

Hello guys,Thanks for replying!

I have edit the final words into a soft one. Before it I have edit the tittle but forget to edit the final words.

But I guess I have say nothing wrong and don't need to give a apologize. I don't get any reply via email from their sales department or other departments up till now. I only say what I saw and what I felt.

If you think this post is ridiculous, please close the tab and shut up.

• Weather they have been unreasonable or not, it appears that your messages to them have been a little harsh and probably not intended in this way.

It appears they have a livechat available here:
    https://livehelpvm01.ikoula.com/livehelp.php?department=1

However this is closed for another couple of hours.

I hope you get this resolved, they should offer you the service you applied for, and if you're amicable about the situation, you should expect them to be too.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

Hello guys,

As

@erkin said:
    They can't hold servers for every customers who are being waited for necessary steps. He who completes steps first, gets the server.

@nocheers
    I cant give you details on how we do our work the lone thing i can tell you is that we are improving every time we make a new offer.
    But as you did not send a pm i was not able to help you.

Now let's put that behind and try to go forward. First i'd like to thank you for the title change and people who made smart comments.

pm me your customer details i'd like to investigate and understand what happened.
    If we failed somewhere i'll do my best to fix that.

Have a nice day.

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • @Ikoula said:
    Hello guys,

As
    Have a nice day.

2 hours ago, your staff in sale department has sent me a message and wanna give me a refund.
    I have pm you message already. But you say my order is still pending and let me get contact with the sale department and there is no reply from the sale department for about 70 hours.That's the truth.Please improve your service!
    Thank you!

• @Ikoula

I have pm you the details.
    Nice day!

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@nocheers said:
    Ikoula

Nice day!
    @nocheers said:
    Ikoula

Nice day!

Do you know almost all providers have a similar practice? If you order any server from kimsufi.com, you will only get it if your account is verified. The department performing verification is a separate department & if they don't validate you in 24 hours, kimsufi cancels the server & you have to buy the server again if it's available but only after its verified. Kimsufi took 2 weeks to validate my account!

Compared to this @Ikoula are saints, very cooperative support. Whenever you order dedicated servers you must keep into account the need for a verified account first.

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

raza19 said: If you order any server from kimsufi.com, you will only get it if your account is verified.

I just called them and was instantly "verified", after they did not get back to me for a week. I don't recall my order being cancelled... maybe it's different now?

• raza19raza19 Veteran

@4n0nx said:
    I just called them and was instantly "verified", after they did not get back to me for a week. I don't recall my order being cancelled... maybe it's different now?

The order gets cancelled because the invoice usually has an expiry date set one day in the future. I think verification varies with the country. If you are buying from the US kimsufi site and you are from US then it's pretty instant but if you are buying from the French site & are not in EU then it takes time.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • standardlookstandardlook Member
    edited July 2015

Most of their support is in French (the English one takes me about 3 days to get a response). Also, the English phone number didn't work when I called and the chat was never online. They finally called back and told me what's wrong after a week, and I got a refund in about 3-4 weeks. I would not recommend them supportwise. If you get a server, the servers do seem pretty nice though.