Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP Systems LTD - A complaint. - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP Systems LTD - A complaint.

1235»

Comments

• tessel said: Anyone have any ideas about why some servers are slow and others aren't? Is it simply over provisioning/selling too many VPS on a machine?

I'd guess some are on oversold / abused nodes, and some on less crowded/with better neighbors.

Thanked by 1tessel
  • Without a doubt the slowest, least responsive VPS I've ever had the misfortune to own. Takes over a minute to scp a 3k file up to it. Sometimes a simple 'ls' takes 15s to return anything. And this is a box with 1024MB RAM.

Obviously this isn't the place to post support tickets - but it's been a week since I contacted the company through their official portal and I've had nothing back. Seems their support is as responsive as their VPS. Perhaps their support portal runs on one?

If I could get my money back, I would. But how likely is that? Yeah, thought so.

Avoid.

• tesseltessel Member

Yes, I've some good and some bad servers. The bad ones are shockingly slow. I see they've pulled stock for new orders. I can only guess that they are oversold and don't have the resources or don't want any more people to join due to how slow/crap things have gotten.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited July 2015

I guess somebody figured QEMU + OpenVZ was the way to go...

• I created another thread not long ago. My issue with them is extreme packet loss entering their network which makes the nodes unusable. What ItsChrisG said makes total sense and they're probably long gone by now. As someone else mentioned, backup your data and get out of there while you still can.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

This thread is about 20 days old, and its not even close to unique or the first, anyone still complaining at this stage needs to find a bigger budget or just stop being annoyed, it is what it is and you have had fair warning it wont get better.

Some people are getting ok performance so they will stay put no doubt.

Edit: as the OP has confirmed his issue was resolved and has not returned to comment in 20 days I am closing this one down.

This discussion has been closed.