Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP Systems LTD - A complaint. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP Systems LTD - A complaint.

Comments

• alaningusalaningus Member
    edited July 2015

Not sure about the others, but Tandon plc and GEC sensors limited are both dissolved uk companies (1997 and 2014 respectively)

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

rds100 said: I have fatfingered prefixes in the past too. I've never fatfingered 5 prefixes at once though.

He would be way too lucky in that case. Also, the WHT thread renting IP space...
    He has to have a very good reason to be able to justify all that.

• lbft said: Because there's a chance that something else happened - perhaps they did it by mistake, or they were mislead by an IP broker on having permission to use them, or a disgruntled ex employee did something to harm them, or something else I didn't even think of.

Mistake? Why did no one remove it then yet? The announce is still going through, just Telia filters the prefixes.

• @wych said:
    Source

That's what I thought.

Still no response, after 8 days, so I just sent in another high-priority ticket to their abuse department in the hopes of waking up somebody over there.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

The node that was down is up again, servers on there are really slow though.

• Have had my 512MB VPS down since about 4PM BST on Friday, but seems to be back now although quite slow.

RAM Usage

Speedtest before node went offline

Speedtest just now

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited July 2015

@alexvolk said:
    ItsChrisG I'm sorry, but isn't you the person who runs http://ipv4less.com ? Getting IPs from Arin and then selling them? At least ipsystems provides some service rather than keeping them non used.

Thank you for confirming that you are a /snip, please be respectful/
    How the fuck is leasing out IPs for use by VPS companies in any shape or form "keeping them non-used"? The clients who use IPs are legitimate companies with legitimate businesses.

It sounds like you've got some personal relationship here and need to stop lying and hiding your true identify.

edited July 2015

hey @alexvolk, /snip, please be respectful/, now try and defend IP Systems HIJACKING of IP blocks after they couldn't get anymore on their own and how they are COMPLETELY blacklisted on SPamhaus for being scumbags.

Go ahead. I'd love to see you try and defend them now. Let's see the /snip, please be respectful/

• @ItsChrisG said:
    they are COMPLETELY blacklisted on SPamhaus

My Ipsystems IPs aren't blacklisted by Spamhaus...

• @alaningus said:
    My Ipsystems IPs aren't blacklisted by Spamhaus...

Same here, 100% clean.

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited July 2015

@ItsChrisG said:
    It sounds like you've got some personal relationship here and need to stop lying and hiding your true identify.

Really? You think that I work for IP systems ltd? Wow... just amazing...

You accused ip systems for getting IPs from ARIN only to sell/lease while same time do same thing with ipv4less. Quite ironic, isn't it?

Next time before accusing do some reasearch and never be rude - you own/represent company here. Others will read your comments and will stay miles away!

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • tesseltessel Member
    edited July 2015

Speed appears to have improved and down servers appear to be working. Anyone else report in? I am worried to get more servers from them though :(

• ATHKATHK Member

@tessel said:
    I am worried to get more servers from them though :(

Why in the world would you even consider doing that..

If you have a head injury please pardon my question, otherwise.. Answer it.

edited July 2015

@alexvolk said:

I am not accusing them of getting them to lease them out -- idiot. Why can't you figure this out and UNDERSTAND what they are doing and what I am saying?

They are not simply doing this for your piddly $2/year. The $2/year vps is the front for them to get more and more IPs (or used to be the front, im sure they are butthurt now that ARI is out)... they are doing this to hoard a huge amount of IPs -- that they will then sell off "ONE-TIME" permanently for huge profit.

They have no real need for the IPs they have, their VPS business is a temporary front, the revenue they get probably barely covers costs if even covers all the costs - the end game is to just sell off the IPs, not to give you a quality $2/year VPS.

Thanked by 1tessel
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Isn't it likely that the ips in question are hijacked?

• RolterRolter Member

Although i have not used my vps with IPsystems much , but whenever i have used it , it has worked fine with decent speeds overall .

• I'm pretty sure IP Systems LTD has been hijacking RIPE prefixes. These RIPE spaces do not have a proper route object either. TeliaSonera should really do something and verify these prefixes. (e.g. if found to be hijacked, remove the announcement)

I know I shouldn't be using this, but I'm curious to found out. As you can see, the staff (Allan) at IP Systems (referenced by WHT thread with skype), is located at Centarra. I can probably conclude that IP Systems Ltd is also operated by Centarra!

network:ID:NET4-2641450019
    network:Network-Name:NET4-2641450019
    network:IP-Network:38.65.69.0/25
    network:Postal-Code:75201
    network:Country:US
    network:State:TX
    network:City:Dallas
    network:Street-Address:2323 Bryan Street, suite 1120
    network:Org-Name:Centarra Networks Inc

Maybe some shady business here? Ultra cheap servers which are not sustainable in terms of IP availability, and then links to Centarra? (except VMs are in that DC but consider the staff).

• @eugene_ said:
    I'm pretty sure IP Systems LTD has been hijacking RIPE prefixes. These RIPE spaces do not have a proper route object either. TeliaSonera should really do something and verify these prefixes. (e.g. if found to be hijacked, remove the announcement)

I know I shouldn't be using this, but I'm curious to found out. As you can see, the staff (Allan) at IP Systems (referenced by WHT thread with skype), is located at Centarra. I can probably conclude that IP Systems Ltd is also operated by Centarra!

network:ID:NET4-2641450019
    network:Network-Name:NET4-2641450019
    network:IP-Network:38.65.69.0/25
    network:Postal-Code:75201
    network:Country:US
    network:State:TX
    network:City:Dallas
    network:Street-Address:2323 Bryan Street, suite 1120
    network:Org-Name:Centarra Networks Inc

Maybe some shady business here? Ultra cheap servers which are not sustainable in terms of IP availability, and then links to Centarra? (except VMs are in that DC but consider the staff).

How do you get the conclusion they have anything to do with Centarra. as far as I'm aware they use Centarra. The guy is using a VPN to prevent people like you resolving his Skype.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

eugene_ said: I can probably conclude that IP Systems Ltd is also operated by Centarra!

That seems like a bit of a jump in logic. Any other evidence for that, besides the Skype IP?

• If I'm wrong, then it is fine. It is simply a suggestion. My reasoning is based on assumptions and I can take the blame.

The 38.65.69.34 is not Linux, but on Windows (can use RDP), however it could be used as a VPN. Furthermore, this entire /25 is announced over Cogent. It could be a business network only. No other networks on 38.65.69.0/25 seems routed, it shows destination host unreachable. You can do MTR/traceroute to verify this. Only .34 is active, so cannot be a server range but rather a business (private?) range.

http://bgp.he.net/AS40440#_prefixes - Centarra has their own AS and the resolved IP is not even there..

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited July 2015

@eugene_ said:
    If I'm wrong, then it is fine. It is simply a suggestion. My reasoning is based on assumptions and I can take the blame.

The 38.65.69.34 is not Linux, but on Windows (can use RDP), however it could be used as a VPN. Furthermore, this entire /25 is announced over Cogent. It could be a business network only. No other networks on 38.65.69.0/25 seems routed, it shows destination host unreachable. You can do MTR/traceroute to verify this. Only .34 is active, so cannot be a server range but rather a business (private?) range.

http://bgp.he.net/AS40440#_prefixes - Centarra has their own AS and the resolved IP is not even there..

Sorry to say but you are wrong. I know 100% that Centarra is not owned by IP Systems Limited. I have ChrisK on Skype Linked him this thread. and he is removing the Virtual Machine that Allan is using.

• @ItsChrisG said:
    they are doing this to hoard a huge amount of IPs -- that they will then sell off "ONE-TIME" permanently for huge profit.

Great for them but looks like it really sucks for you.

• @ItsChrisG I'm sorry how old are you? You acting like a kid without a toy. Do you need one? I can buy one for you.

On the other hand why do you care so much about them? You wanted to purchase some IPs from ip systems but they denied selling something to kid?

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited July 2015

I personally never liked or used Spamhaus; they support censorship and they block large ranges unfairly (I never understood why ALL CC IPs were 'spam sources').

On the other hand, my VPS with IPSystems has IO speeds of 3mb/s and 1-3 mbps down/up.

Edit: Never mind, speeds went up.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

My VPS status:

dd bs=1M count=256 if=/dev/zero of=test conv=fdatasync
    256+0 records in
    256+0 records out
    268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 18.412 s, 14.6 MB/s

dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1024 | md5sum
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.20805 s, 335 MB/s

Average download speed from CacheFly: 1.95 MB/s
  • yywudiyywudi Member
    edited July 2015

My dallas 256M ovz vps is up with dd/network performance OK

uptime

12:39:28 up 86 days, 7:49, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.18, 0.08

dd if=/dev/zero of=iotest bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -fr iotest

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 4.36613 s, 246 MB/s

wget cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test -O 100mb.test && rm -fr 100mb.test

--2015-07-15 12:39:37-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net (cachefly.cachefly.net)|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: '100mb.test'
    100%[=======================>] 104,857,600 37.0MB/s in 2.7s

./speedtest-cli

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from Avante Hosting Services (198.52.152.xxx)...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by T-Mobile (Dallas, TX) [0.66 km]: 4.344 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 700.33 Mbits/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 213.61 Mbits/s

• I understand that everyone has a different experience but I wanted to at least contribute to say my dallas VPS is and has been just fine:

23:57:33 up 50 days, 5:45, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 3.06479 s, 350 MB/s

• tesseltessel Member

Different nodes are experiencing different problems. I will say all my servers appear to be IP but some are extremely slow.

• tesseltessel Member

I can't edit my previous post, so had to make a new one. Anyone have any ideas about why some servers are slow and others aren't? Is it simply over provisioning/selling too many VPS on a machine?

• ahmiqahmiq Member

my IO is about 9 MB/s. it used to be very good. but i guess they OVER OVER sold it.

Thanked by 1tessel
This discussion has been closed.