Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IP Systems LTD - A complaint. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IP Systems LTD - A complaint.

Comments

• @johnkoozle @AnthonySmith @ItsChrisG regardless of whatever companies you guys own big or small, old or new, good or bad:

1. When you try to bring your direct/indirect competitor down in the eyes of readers & call names it only makes your reputation bad in the eyes of some of the sensible people around.

2. This board is a place where price is the only driving factor for sales. You may disagree with me but I have seen it happening GVH CVPS BlueVM 123systems and other such hosts. As long as you have a product with one of the lowest pricing you will keep getting sales.

3. But you will lose your value as good & responsible individuals. Jonny Nuggests was 16 but here in this thread you people have behaved like 6 year olds. This is not how business professionals behave.

So please review your behavior & try to improve it. I wish you best of luck with your businesses & personal lives as well!

• XVMLabs is my go-to for hoarding IPv4, I've got a /28 for $15/yr! ;)

• AnthonySmith said: GVH often said the same :)

i think most companies in the world come out with that same bs line.

• rds100rds100 Member

mikeyur said: XVMLabs is my go-to for hoarding IPv4, I've got a /28 for $15/yr! ;)

ARIN is dry now though. The IP hoarding will probably end. Is this offer still active?

• @rds100 Nah, they ran out of IPs and can't get more :P Quite likely will start reclaiming those IPs later on, or just wait for people to fall off on renewal. The service is very 'don't use this for anything important' - it's written everywhere, so that's my guess.

• FatboyFatboy Member

@maoyipeng - all my boxes are on VZ4-DFW

• jebwizoscarjebwizoscar Member
    edited July 2015

they suspended my vps even without a notice, just saying 'SPAM', and ignore all my tickets (actually my server got hacked and sent bulk mails I don't know - I am having exams those days).

but apart from it, the performance is really good and another VPS I ordered is running well almost without downtime. that's much better than many other budget providers.

• Am I going mad or has this thread had 2 name changes?

O.o

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

alaningus said: Am I going mad or has this thread had 2 name changes?

I changed it to be a bit more fair rather than a bad google heading.

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • FatboyFatboy Member
    edited July 2015

@Fatboy said:
    Have to say that I bought 3 boxes when the offer came out ages ago and they have been more stable than a couple of other places I have been. Of course, only use them for testing or VPN but have had no probs with them since day 1.

Not affiliated in any way, just a happy punter for a change :)

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.36907 s, 200 MB/s

16:42:08 up 146 days, 8:42, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.01, 0.00

Always the way - post this and a week or so later it all goes south :)
    All VPSes are extremely sluggish even with zero load on them and using, on one of them, 20Mb RAM on a 256Mb box.

Typing in a command its extremely slow - few days ago it took 10 - 15 seconds for keystrokes to appear. Today its minutes at a time.

Trying to run a benchmark test on it and its like pulling teeth. I have put a support ticket in suggesting things are very slow but alas, no reply in the last couple of days.

Not really complaining - for the price it was a pleasant surprise that they worked as well as they have until recently. Just a heads up for anyone else thinking of buying. If its working well its all good, things start going south then don't expect much.

I would of put up the results of the benchmark test but after about 10 minutes of waiting, I can't be bothered to wait anymore :) The only thing that came out of it was:

Download speed from CacheFly: 556KB/s

And thats where it has been sat, contemplating life ever since :)

Time to look for someone with a decent yearly VPS to act as a VPN and somewhere to SSH into other boxes from so I can lock down to a single IP.

Have a good afternoon all :)

• warihwarih Member

My VPS on IPSystems is down until this 3 days. No ticket answered.

• It's really slow these days.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

Yup, one of 3 servers down for more than 3 days, no answer from the mighty support.

• tesseltessel Member
    edited July 2015

Glad to see it just isn't me. A node appears to be down, no VZ10 or whatever it was, and the speeds have gone to crap.

Username johnkoozle Joined June 2014 Visits 510_ Last Active July 3_

Should we be worried?

• @ScienceOnline said:
    what is the difference between the strategy and goals of ipsystemsltd and xvmlabs?

No difference, that's exactly what XVMLabs are doing too.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Actually isnt bad IO compared to nanovz.
    I/O speed : 5.3 MB/s

I thought you worked for nanovz?

I'm so behind on LET gossip/drama

• Same here vps down on node VZ5-DFW, my ticket disappeared, I can see an old ticket closed but the one I opened on saturday isn't there anymore...

• @hostnoob said:

Least 6 months out. Maybe 7

• lbftlbft Member
    edited July 2015

Interestingly, three IP Systems Ltd blocks of IPs are now on Spamhaus' DROP (Don't Route Or Peer) list, meaning that many networks will not accept their traffic.

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL257923
    http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL257921
    http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL257920

The reason behind that very serious action seems to be these three listings around the alleged hijacking of others' IP address space (three /16s, so that's quite a lot of IPs!):

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL257918
    http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL257917
    http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/query/SBL257914

Those are quite some serious accusations.

• premium! whats going on @johnkoozle ?

• my vps is still up but......

• TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited July 2015

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync;

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.13305 s, 948 MB/s

Download speed from CacheFly: 68.4MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 4.31MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 103MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.00MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 5.41MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 6.87MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.48MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 47.3MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 25.0MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 46.4MB/s

Euhm... that's super nice for $6/yr...

• Those are quite some serious accusations.

Why accusations? Their AS DOES still announce 5 /16 they clearly don't own:

130.148.0.0/16 GEC Sensors Limited

130.196.0.0/16 Rockwell Aerospace

155.73.0.0/16 Borealis

155.108.0.0/16 Global Network Services

155.249.0.0/16 Tandon PLC

• Yep, VPS is down for me over three days now.

• lbftlbft Member
    edited July 2015

Because there's a chance that something else happened - perhaps they did it by mistake, or they were mislead by an IP broker on having permission to use them, or a disgruntled ex employee did something to harm them, or something else I didn't even think of.

Not good either way, but I don't think it's unreasonable to not want to imply that they knowingly did something wrong when I don't know anything beyond what I read someone else saying they did.

• @coloradovps said:
    Even though I made a mistake by choosing a provider with mixed reviews (at best) I suppose I would have been better off not posting about my experience and providing this warning?

I strongly believe we are all humans and prone to mistakes. My suggestion will be for you to have a look at some of the offers on their various sites before jumping into buying. That said, we've got better offers to suit your purpose. Get back if interested.

• rds100rds100 Member

I have fatfingered prefixes in the past too. I've never fatfingered 5 prefixes at once though.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2015

Very interesting! IP Systems is also offering prefixes for rent? Don't they used to lack IPs but now having several /16 prefixes?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1492094

• Aren't these also the guys that run Dedify? Because I'm getting absolutely nothing from their support and I continue getting charged for something I shouldn't be getting charged for.

• wychwych Member
    edited July 2015

@mpkossen said:
    Aren't these also the guys that run Dedify? Because I'm getting absolutely nothing from their support and I continue getting charged for something I shouldn't be getting charged for.

File Media is httpzoom isn't it?

Source

This discussion has been closed.