Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any small free Linux VPS's out there? I need one please!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any small free Linux VPS's out there? I need one please!

raysmtaraysmta Member
edited July 2015 in Requests

CPU: 1.4 GHz

RAM: 1.25 GB

HDD: 50GB

Bandwidth: ~100mbt/s

It's quite small if anyone can offer this I would highly be appreciated, and I need it for experimentation and I want to learn how Linux works. Also I want to experiment with services which only Linux can run. So please, if anyone is in a good mood to do this for me, I will be proud. As in the future I am going to make small projects requiring Linux and I really need this, as I am low on budget at the moment.

Comments

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

I can give it to you for free in exchange of $50/mo or around 10 BTC per year.

Or look at my signature.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Get free credit for runabove, DO, etc. . Done.

• What about a 1 off payment $20 ahaha

• Use virtualbox or get a les for 3€/year

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BarisBaris Member

For learning use your own PC. You can run Windows and Linux at the same time via dual boot.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raysmta said: What about a 1 off payment $20 ahaha

Sounds fair. $20 one off payment for a day of VPS.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raysmtaraysmta Member
    edited July 2015

Tbh, I don't like Virtual Box, it makes my PC Lag, however I do have a broken screen laptop but you cannot install Ubuntu on it as the screen is broken and BIOS doesn't load up into an External Monitor, I have done many searches to figure out a way to install Linux. And I dont want to run VB ty.

• If you negotiate the specs and explain what your require them for I am sure to work out some sort of a deal.

• What do you mean negotiate the specs?

• Buy one for the price of two and get the second one free.

Thanked by 2Damian netomx
  • raysmta said: experimentation and I want to learn how Linux works. Also I want to experiment with services which only Linux can run.

raysmta said: figure out a way to install Linux

If all you want to do is find out how Linux works, and experiment with services, try running a Live CD. No need to go through an installation, just boot CD and it's live to SSH into.

• This isnt a free vps forum. There are plenty of free vps forums out there, go search google for them and use them.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited July 2015

nah he doesnt really want his laptop fixed. he has very specific specs for "learning linux". probably has the regular /snip/ shenanigans planned for any sucker willing to give him a free vps.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Have to say they're pretty high (and very specific) specs for a learning box.

1.25GB RAM ???

• @raysmta said:
    What about a 1 off payment $20 ahaha

http://cloudatcost.com/

I think there's a 50% off coupon somewhere. and keep in mind you get what you pay for

• alaningus said: 1.25GB RAM

256MB will do fine with centOS 6.x

• try koding, but only 3Gb HDD

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

alaningus said: 1.25GB RAM ???

And 100mbit/s speed.

• Fuck it, why even try when someone else can do it for you?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

sdglhm said: 256MB will do fine with centOS 6.x

Debian 7 boots with 128MB RAM. With the standard ProxMox minimal template, I mean.

• Install a linux on your PC. It sound shit to ask 1.25G ram and 50G HDD as small vps.

• That specs sure is 'small' lol

• gianggiang Veteran

hostnoob said: http://cloudatcost.com/

I think there's a 50% off coupon somewhere. and keep in mind you get what you pay for

No, you can't do anything with this VPS, slow as hell. I purchased one for a friend to host his simple HTML site and I can't even login via SSH, apt-get update command took about 15 mins to complete.

• Amazon Web Service one year free trial?

• @giang said:

@raysmta said:
    CPU: 1.4 GHz

RAM: 1.25 GB

HDD: 50GB

Bandwidth: ~100mbt/s

It's quite small if anyone can offer this I would highly be appreciated, and I need it for experimentation and I want to learn how Linux works. Also I want to experiment with services which only Linux can run. So please, if anyone is in a good mood to do this for me, I will be proud. As in the future I am going to make small projects requiring Linux and I really need this, as I am low on budget at the moment.

if you want a free vps try our project: https://services.oenet.uk

• namhuynamhuy Member

1.25gb ram 50gb hdd isnt small. perhaps "gvh" can help you !?

• Buck thirty five for the year - close enough to free? DollarVZ. (Yes, I know.)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • no offense but its a business your best bet is to buy if you can't afford then wait until you got the funds. It's like asking walmart if you can just barrow a pair of pants for free.

• getvpsgetvps Member

@raysmta, you can get for begin/testing an account from AMAZON Aws , they have a promotion (free) for 1year 2 instances, (1x win 1x lin) , you are limited to ~25GB/mo band but with this you can begin your 'devel' tests and things like this. If AWS is not enough you can try 50$ free for 2 mo from VULTR, after promotions from DO.. and other. You need just a real creditcard with ~2-3$ to confirm your billing/identity. Have fun!