Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affordable VPS for hosting tracking software
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Affordable VPS for hosting tracking software

Hello fellow members,

i need your suggestions regarding the most affordable unmanaged or managed VPS providers that are suitable for hosting tracking scripts like Prosper202, CPVLab and FunnelFlux etc.

i have checked so far BeyondHosting,HostWinds,A2Hosting but their packages are very expensive and i have limited budget. i'm not very technical and i was hoping if i could find a affordable service provider that offers VPS with cpanel otherwise i will have to try setting up a unmanaged VPS.

Comments

• Any idea of what specs you need?

• If you're asking for cPanel you're probably better off looking for a managed one.

The resources they use will depend on the amount of traffic you're managing.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Any idea of what specs you need?

here's the requirements for running the script:

For funnelflux.com:

PHP >= 5.4 and with it's library extension installed ionCube Loader, mcrypt, mbstring, json, hash, curl, mysqli, sockets and zip.

for prosper202:
    PHP 5.5 or greater MySQL 5.5 or greater The mod_rewrite Apache module

@Traffic said:
    If you're asking for cPanel you're probably better off looking for a managed one.

The resources they use will depend on the amount of traffic you're managing.

some people suggested that i should go with Linode,Vultr or DigitalOcean but even if i do what's the best and least complicated cpanel alternative? btw i joined vultr under ur referral link.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

taimoork said: some people suggested that i should go with Linode,Vultr or DigitalOcean but even if i do what's the best and least complicated cpanel alternative? btw i joined vultr under ur referral link.

Thanks a lot! :)

The problem I see is not cPanel, but the fact that Managed Hosting Providers will only "manage" so much. You will still need to figure out how to optimize your webserver, etc... on your own.

And for that usage cPanel is, IMHO, a bit too much. Since you now have $50 to play with in Vultr, you can install nginx and PHP-fpm and try to send a small amount of traffic on a, let's say, 2GB RAM server. And see how it performs.

If you need help setting it up let me know.

• BruceBruce Member

my VPS have interworx included. not quite cpanel, but also not cpanel price. they are unmanaged, but support is friendly if all you need is initial setup help and a small amount of ongoing tweaking.

link in my sig, if you're interested

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Traffic said: $50 to play with in Vultr,

is credit only valid for 2 months?

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

4n0nx said: is credit only valid for 2 months?

That's what they claim. But some people say free Vultr credit lasts longer.

• We would be happy to install webmin/virtualmin on a VPS for you at no charge and walk you through basic usage. We would recommend at least 1GB RAM for running a control panel in addition to your other software.

• Check out Future Hosting. They offer InterWorx control panel, which is a great alternative to cPanel.

• NdhaNdha Member

if interworx ok..pm @drserver or @radi cause drserver is doing awesome deal with that..

Thanked by 2drserver Radi
  • GM2015GM2015 Member

Any on you using prosper202 with piwik? Prosper looks to me a conversion and affiliat e tracker. Piwik to me looks, uhm, a bit not working sometimes. I test from free amazon servers, and it's not always registering my clicks.

It doesn't even track external amazon clicks. Maybe once in a decade. Goals to track amazon clicks don't work either.

• leapkaustubhleapkaustubh Member
    edited July 2015

May I know what specs you want and how much is your budget ?