Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
New Downtime Excuse for Providers (FBI Investigating Fiber Cuts)
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

New Downtime Excuse for Providers (FBI Investigating Fiber Cuts)

Comments

• Car accidents, thunderstorms, grandpa dies, everything can be used as excuses :)

• rds100rds100 Member

Don't forget moose attacks :)

But were these incidents actual attempts to just vandalize / damage the optic cable, and not just attempts to steal copper?

-

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Member, Provider

@rds100 said:
    Don't forget moose attacks :)

But were these incidents actual attempts to just vandalize / damage the optic cable, and not just attempts to steal copper?

It's in CA, not Bulgaria ;)

AlphaVPS - OpenVZ and KVM, DDoS Protected VPS in London, UK | Sofia, BG | Nuremberg, DE | NYC, US and LA, US. Cheap Dedicated servers with fast delivery!

• rds100rds100 Member

AlexBarakov said:

It's in CA, not Bulgaria ;)

I think they have such "nice" copper stealing people too.

-

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited July 2015

rds100 said: I think they have such "nice" copper stealing people too.

Copper is valuable worldwide, not only in Eastern Europe.

vrtz.net Cheap VPS Servers Offers - now with EXCLUSIVE offers! (all links are aff links)
    $12/year HostUS Deal (768MB RAM+768MB vSwap)$11.29/year GestionDBI Deal (768MB RAM)

• raindog308raindog308 Moderator
    edited July 2015

AlexBarakov said: It's in CA, not Bulgaria ;)

Oh, we have plenty of "I can sell that copper for meth" people in the USA, too.

For LET support, please visit the support desk.

• @Traffic said:
    Copper is valuable worldwide, not only in Eastern Europe.

Count the UK in. Swear to got its @linuxthefish

Different.

• NekkiNekki Moderator

@raindog308 said:
    Oh, we have plenty of "I can sell that copper for meth" people in the USA, too.

In the UK the ill-gotten gains of copper theft are usually spent on caravans, horse and carts and fake tan.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.