Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantic's per second billing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Atlantic's per second billing

BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
edited June 2015 in Providers

I'm unsure how long this has been in effect, but Atlantic's current website states that they do per second billing.

So, two questions:

• Has anyone taken advantage of this feature, and what savings have you realised with your usual workloads?
  • Besides Atlantic, which other (cloud-ish?) providers offer per second billing as opposed to per hour?

Update: I see that Azure offers per minute billing

Comments

• trvztrvz Member
    edited June 2015

Regarding your first question:

Even with how many servers I deploy and delete after a few minutes, thus incurring a bill for one hour, Vultr is cheaper (and better) than Atlantic.net or Azure.

• wychwych Member

Taking hourly billing to the next step...

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

only makes economical sense when you're deploying very large instances for a short time.

• That'll make you feel guilty about any command line typos.

• wych said: Taking hourly billing to the next step...

Heh, yeah.

vfuse said: only makes economical sense when you're deploying very large instances for a short time.

Yes, but not only for that scenario.

When comparing offerings with identical specs and price, then per second billing would always be cheaper than per minute/hour billing.

trvz said: Vultr is cheaper (and better) than Atlantic.net or Azure

I agree that Vultr is cheaper than both Atlantic and Azure, but could you please elaborate on how else you think it's better than those two?

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Selling gimmick, nothing more, nothing less...