Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostress.net (Former GVH/TacVPS) - Data loss, multiple locations at the same time. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostress.net (Former GVH/TacVPS) - Data loss, multiple locations at the same time.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Lee said:
    tdale, when you going to stop lying and admit these nodes were breached and it is not what you said it was?

I suspect we will not hear from @tdale ever again here, he lied over and over again, asked for a 3rd or 4th chance to prove himself then lied again, he has been active but has obviously actively chosen not to respond.

• BruceBruce Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    chosen not to respond.

he did say he was busy fixing stuff, rather than reading LET. not defending any lies, but not posting on LET is the least of his troubles it seems.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I suspect we will not hear from tdale ever again here, he lied over and over again, asked for a 3rd or 4th chance to prove himself then lied again, he has been active but has obviously actively chosen not to respond.

I'd make sure all this mess is sorted before responding again... That's what he should be doing. Not wasting time.

• tdaletdale Member
    edited June 2015

@AnthonySmith Incorrect, if you read my only post so far, what I said was I was going to post once. The reason being is investing how this happened and getting people back online is more important than entertaining the fellow let members here with bash after bash from each reply. When I'm ready to release a statement on what happened it will be emailed to my customers. Maybe you forgot let is not the Hostress support desk. I appreciate you believing in me though it really touches my heart.

Thanks!

edited June 2015

tdale said: @AnthonySmith Incorrect, if you read my only post so far, what I said was I was going to post once.

How Ironic^ regardless you have spent time on LET so I don't see why posting is such a big deal.

I will wait for the email then.

• tdale said: Maybe you forgot let is not the Hostress support desk.

Maybe you forgot that a big percent of your clients came from here.

Traffic said: Maybe you forgot that a big percent of your clients came from here.

Only when it suites him to do so, he will flip flop on the previous companies responsibilities, terms and SLA in the same way no doubt.

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • tdaletdale Member

@Traffic I'm not disputing that. The fact is there are a lot of customers and half the time I post here people like @dillybob want to give me crap and call me cvps Chris. So I speak directly to my customers where they have their services inside of my portal. I'm tired of trying to do the best I can to get everything online and the trolls just run me over. So I stop posting until I email my customers. If a customer on here is concerned or wants an update they can make a support ticket. I'm not withholding information or trying to do a cover up I'm just tired of the people that just come in here to rip GVH. I'm not even GVH I just acquired the GVH client base. So please stop trolling me and allow me to do my job. That job is to fix this nightmare and get the boat back on track.

There was a breach it involved only vps nodes. I've been going over things with a few individuals who I know that you guys actually respect. So give me a few more hours and I'll be releasing the final email.

Thanks.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Only when it suites him to do so, he will flip flop on the previous companies responsibilities, terms and SLA in the same way no doubt.

A huge part of me doubts they were hacked and is more along the lines of "we cannot afford all these servers, let's cancel most of them..." Perhaps all the ColoCrossing debt has slapped them in the face and they realized why nobody has purchased GVH before... (Yes I know Duke took it over but apparently didn't pay anything for it)

Its more interesting that CVPS knew they were breached before they did, CVPS knew at the weekend, @tdale was running the 'data corruption' line on Monday...

But lets wait for the email.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • LeeLee Veteran

In this case it's been such a mess that I can actually understand holes in that infrastructure and people trying to find them and cause issues. It would not have been that much of a surprise that it happened. Being honest and taking the heat for that would be better than lying and dealing with the truth after.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Its more interesting that CVPS knew they were breached before they did, CVPS knew at the weekend, tdale was running the 'data corruption' line on Monday...

But lets wait for the email.

Seems clear now...

Thanked by 1KwiceroLTD
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

@tdale said:
    I just acquired the GVH client base. So please stop trolling me and allow me to do my job.

That is where it all began !!

P.S If you were busy doing your job you wouldn't even bother commenting in the first place. Shows how much free time you've got to read the whole thread and defend your mishaps

• J1021J1021 Member

BharatB said: That is where it all began !!

It's so bad - clients jumping from host to host! Who will be working there next? Whatever shall we do @BharatB ?!

Thanked by 3Lee Nyr ATHK
  • @BharatB if he didn't say anything, you'd be the first one saying "are you hiding?"

@kcaj said:
    It's so bad - clients jumping from host to host! Who will be working there next? Whatever shall we do BharatB ?!

You're more experienced in this than me :) so what should we do ?

• ahfbwebahfbweb Member
    edited July 2015

@BharatB said:

But you are so much better at pretending you have experience

Thanked by 2ATHK alexvolk
    edited July 2015

@ahfbweb said:
    But you are so much better at pretending you have experience

I don't need to really have experience in talking, I'm fine with my technical and programming experience, so pretending is not required.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • ArchieArchie Member

down again

Thanked by 1BharatB

No cached version of this page is available.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2015

Really bad for hostress and their customers.

I hope they have a backup.

• DewlanceVPS said: I hope they have a backup.

With autoboot. Don't forget autoboot.

• I fucking called it!

As GVH was migrated into TacVPS, all of my data was lost. Everything. For a month I went back and forth with support tickets until "magically" they had found a completely intact copy of my VPS. Despite this terrible pain in the ass, I did not learn my lesson and did not back up my data.

Until TacVPS announced it was merging into Hostress.

A bell rang off instantly, and I decided to finally backup my server, which was only a week or two ago! Now that shit has hit the metaphorical fan, I'm actually in pretty good shape! Despite my VPS being wiped, SolusVM control panel being entirely inaccessible, their own site down to just a cloudflare message, and being completely unable to access the ticket system, I'm doing pretty ok since I've got my backup.

Learn from this folks!

**Back your shit up! **

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Yeah, none of us are exactly "stumped" at the outcome of this horrid mess.

I'm glad you kept backups, though.

@FoShizz said:
    I fucking called it!

As GVH was migrated into TacVPS, all of my data was lost. Everything. For a month I went back and forth with support tickets until "magically" they had found a completely intact copy of my VPS. Despite this terrible pain in the ass, I did not learn my lesson and did not back up my data.

Until TacVPS announced it was merging into Hostress.

A bell rang off instantly, and I decided to finally backup my server, which was only a week or two ago! Now that shit has hit the metaphorical fan, I'm actually in pretty good shape! Despite my VPS being wiped, SolusVM control panel being entirely inaccessible, their own site down to just a cloudflare message, and being completely unable to access the ticket system, I'm doing pretty ok since I've got my backup.

Learn from this folks!

**Back your shit up! **

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Your data is very important to us.

Thanked by 2KwiceroLTD FoShizz
  • @HBAndrei said:
    Your data is very important to us.

Only client data is stored on multiple hard drives world wide. So whichever host you decide to replace them with you should be able to log straight in. None of this registering nonsense.

• LinkkingLinkking Member
    edited July 2015

tdale said: I'm just tired of the people that just come in here to rip GVH. I'm not even GVH I just acquired the GVH client base.

I think it's how you have treated people in the past also.

tdale said: I appreciate you believing in me though it really touches my heart.

Did this quote give the lads in the office a good laugh?.

• @tdale you better start repenting.

• CVPS... GVH... TacVPS... My only thoughts since it happened when GVH merged:

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • Just so you guys now, TacVPS had no affiliation with any other CC owned/ran host until I took over the GVH crap from Jonny originally. I didn't merge the GVH stuff with XFuse because of the issues I would have faced. Plus, with TacVPS, you didn't have mass data deletion/corruption/owner frustration so deleted all the data. I still don't understand this entire mess. It was first only a few nodes, then all of them. First it was IPMI then it is something else, now I was told that is was SNMP crap. All I can say is that @tdale should be more forthcoming with information rather than not saying much...

This discussion has been closed.