Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostress.net (Former GVH/TacVPS) - Data loss, multiple locations at the same time. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostress.net (Former GVH/TacVPS) - Data loss, multiple locations at the same time.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@FredQc said:
    Well, I think it's the right time to move away.

I'll take "Things I should have said last year" for 500, Alex.

Thanked by 4Lee Pwner Amitz hostnoob
  • @kcaj said:
    XFS_Duke XFS_Nicole Are you going to stand for being inferred as incompetent?

People can say whatever they want. I never, ever had large scale data loss like that since I took over the GVH clients. I talked to Thomas about it and have no clue how it happened. Last I heard from him are that the node OS have been reinstalled and they are restoring containers.

I feel for the customers. TBs and TBs of data are gone. I've said it time and again, make your own backups because you cannot trust a provider to do it for you. I didn't offer backups but the plan was to offer it. Plans change but this shouldn't have happened.

If I get new information I'll let you know, but right now I'm keeping myself busy with XFuse and new things.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jar said: I'll take "Things I should have said last year" for 500, Alex.

Anyone who's still a GVH/Hostress customer at this point is suffering from the digital equivalent of battered wife syndrome.

• Peroni said: Of course the email had a unsubscribe link... that would have been handy if it actually WORKED and didn't go to a "404 - Page not found" LLOL

I actually filed a complaint with icann about this, something something whois inaccuracy. Also with their mail server's hosting provider for smtp spam. I tried unsubscribing like a reasonable person.

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • LeeLee Veteran

I am seeing quite a bit of talk on Skype and Google Chat that they were hacked in the past couple of days and @tdale is lying to cover up.

People stirring or true do you think? I would lean towards true given the multiple location issues.

Either way I can't verify but if it's true the likelihood is it will come out in the wash soon enough.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2015

@Lee said:
    I am seeing quite a bit of talk on Skype and Google Chat that they were hacked in the past couple of days and tdale is lying to cover up.

People stirring or true do you think? I would lean towards true given the multiple location issues.

Either way I can't verify but if it's true the likelihood is it will come out in the wash soon enough.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/6844-bluevm-sold-change-of-ownership-update-514-now-owned-by-chicagovps/page-6#entry96321

Chris Fapozzi claims that they have been hacked:

They were hacked this weekend and lost everything.

• LeeLee Veteran

Yeah someone mentioned that thread as well. It just seems likely.

• LeeLee Veteran

I see our replacement for nuggets is making useless comments over there as well.

Thanked by 1OnraHost
  • DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Lee said: I see our replacement for nuggets is making useless comments over there as well.

Not really. Got him to say they were hacked :). Much more than what you will ever do.
    I find it hilarious how you guys don't think CVPS is involved with this mess. It's so obvious if you search on vpsboard on who tdale is.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2015

@Lee said:
    I see our replacement for nuggets is making useless comments over there as well.

Unfortunately, yes. That guy is such a /summer of love/ and an annoying /chappie/.

• LeeLee Veteran

Dillybob said: Not really. Got him to say they were hacked :). Much more than what you will ever do.

I find it hilarious how you guys don't think CVPS is involved with this mess. It's so obvious if you search on vpsboard on who tdale is.

No what is more amusing is that you actually have no idea what we know and you never will. Just because we don't run posting things here means nothing.

You need to remember some of us have been here years watching many events unfold, I like others have many GB's of data that would make your day if you could see what is in there. Discretion is something you will learn when you grow up.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
    edited June 2015

Lee said: You need to remember some of us have been here years watching many events unfold, I like others have many GB's of data that would make your day if you could see what is in there. Discretion is something you will learn when you grow up.

Whatever makes you feel better buddy. I'm not talking about what you know and could careless. (How is what you know even relevant to what I said? Do you just use straw-man arguments 24/7?) The fact is, tdale used to work for CVPS is a pawn that is spawned by CVPS for a public relation play. Go search VPSBoard and look up the facts. Truth hurts, I know, so sorry.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

Dillybob said: I'm not talking about what you know and could careless.

You do though, that is how stupidly transparent you are.

Dillybob said: Go search VPSBoard and look up the facts.

I don't need to look things up that I already know. You are playing catch up to everyone else.

Go play outside instead of trying to make yourself look like you have a clue about anything you daft little /flower/

edited June 2015

Lee said: I don't need to look things up that I already know. You are playing catch up to everyone else.

Then why are you here babbling here about me? Is what I'm saying really pissing you off and it hurts so much that you just ought to speak up? Something is obviously pissing you off and that sounds like a personal problem.

• laticlatic Member, Host Rep

Couldn't Tdale simply have an existing relationship with CVPS management and therefore get better deals / more trust / freebies?

That'd make more sense than CVPS hatching a plan to safe what is a really terrible failing brand.

• Woah please calm down! There's absolutely no need to attack each other here...

@Dillybob said:
    Then why are you here babbling here about me? Is what I'm saying really pissing you off and it hurts so much that you just ought to speak up? Something is obviously pissing you off and that sounds like a personal problem.

@Lee said:
    Go play outside instead of trying to make yourself look like you have a clue about anything you daft little /flower/

Just wait until he makes a youtube video and thread here about you. Then you guys can discuss about everything.

Thanked by 24n0nx TriDoxiuM
  • 1.: Acquire Company
    2.: Wipe nodes in "accident"
    3.: MORE FREE SPACE TO SELL

10/10, very good host, would buy.

• raindog308 said: Anyone who's still a GVH/Hostress customer at this point is suffering from the digital equivalent of battered wife syndrome.

--> (Slowly raises hand)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • mranawakemranawake Member
    edited June 2015

I am one of those customers who lost data. Needless to say that this is a huge bummer. I lost few of my client sites, couple of my personal sites along with databases.

There was a huge downtime when they were "transitioning" from GVH. I was pissed off because I tried contacting these guys numerous times - but radio silence. I have 3 months left and to be honest, I wanted to leave, when I asked for a refund, nope, apparently it was my fault the server went down.

Man, I don't how Hostress/GVH manages to run an unethical company like this. As of right now, my server is like new - meaning I lost all my stuff! I'm hoping for a refund at this time at least so I can move away now.

I'm sure that dumbass Jonny is behind this Hostress garbage too.

Now that I think, these guys should refund me for the entire year ... for the loss of data. Dummies!

• mojojuju said: raindog308 said: Anyone who's still a GVH/Hostress customer at this point is suffering from the digital equivalent of battered wife syndrome.

--> (Slowly raises hand)

Now let's diagnose you with PTSD and give you disability so you do not have work for the rest of your life. /s

• @mranawake said:

Now that I think, these guys should refund me for the entire year ... for the loss of data. Dummies!

Or you should of done your own backups especially considering how "reliable" GVH has been in the past.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2015

Whatever it be (data loss/hack), in none of these cases, customers are responsible. The responsibility fully lies on Hostress. If he's not offering any extras to the customer for this damage, then the Company is fully bullshit & I raise My Hand humbly to kick this shit out of LET in order to protect ManKind :-)

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I raise My Hand humbly to kick this shit out of LET in order to protect ManKind :-)

I thought already a few times that some companies would deserve to be banned on LET, but in the end all those negative reviews & experiences are the best kind of warning and more favorable than censorship.

All the people which do some research before buying something should be fine, they can't oversee all the drama/complaints some hosts created. And for those who don't... ...they're screwed anyways.

• SadySady Member
    edited June 2015

Hey guys,
    Why don't you have credits? :D

We signed up for a service without backups but that had SLA guaranteed 99.99% uptime.

• NeoXiDNeoXiD Member

@Sady said:
    We signed up for a service without backups but that had SLA guaranteed 99.99% uptime.

He's damn lucky that he didn't forget to write Refunds may not exceed 100% at any given billing period.

• SadySady Member

@NeoXiD said:
    He's damn lucky that he didn't forget to write Refunds may not exceed 100% at any given billing period.

It was Johnny :P And and, he knew which kind of service's quality he gives :D

• Did anyone else consistenly enforce the SLA? I waited until my $3 VPS broke down, used the 3 dollars credit to buy a new $3 VPS. Then waited again until the new VPS broke down and used to buy the credit another $3 VPS. By the time the 3rd VPS also broke down they sadly removed the $3 VPS offer. Now i'm left with 3 pointless VPS and $3 GVH/Hostress credit (which is worth less than monopoly money) :D

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Did anyone else consistenly enforce the SLA? I waited until my $3 VPS broke down, used the 3 dollars credit to buy a new $3 VPS. Then waited again until the new VPS broke down and used to buy the credit another $3 VPS. By the time the 3rd VPS also broke down they sadly removed the $3 VPS offer. Now i'm left with 3 pointless VPS and $3 GVH/Hostress credit (which is worth less than monopoly money) :D

I think the idea is that account credit costs almost nothing to GVH, but still cheers people up after a broken VPS!

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • LeeLee Veteran

@tdale, when you going to stop lying and admit these nodes were breached and it is not what you said it was?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • currently CHI1 is online.

This discussion has been closed.