Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    Why Some VPS Company become unstable?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    Why Some VPS Company become unstable?

    Some Are Offline Some even lost All data! The first is MCH now the Hostress (aka GVH)!What can we do?

    Comments

    • rds100rds100 Member

      antiycda said: GVH)!What can we do?

      Use your head and common sense. Don't buy shit.

      -

    • find another provider. do a regular backup for your data.

      selagi hidup, lakukan hal yang bermanfaat

    • that's mean we can't use cheap vps?

      @indexia said:
      find another provider. do a regular backup for your data.

    • DillybobDillybob Member
      edited June 2015

      Use a reputable provider that has been around the block and knows what they're doing.

      BuyVM/Ramnode/Prometheus/DO/Vultr/Linode (not in particular order), but these are just off the top of my head of provider's that I personally would feel comfortable ordering from atm. There are plenty more I think

      antiycda said: that's mean we can't use cheap vps?

      No, you can. Just have to find the right provider :)

      Thanked by 1Maounique

      If the future of the webhosting industry is dictated by a corporate title tag.. we have a HUGE issue. Help make it stop by boycotting WebHostingTalk

    • sonicsonic Member

      MCH lost all data ? Please link me to thread about this

      Gapps legacy 100/200 users cheap 4 sale. PM

    • @antiycda said:
      that's mean we can't use cheap vps?

      as @Dillybob recommendations. they've a good reputations for long time. and it depends on your 'cheap' means.

      selagi hidup, lakukan hal yang bermanfaat

    • MrVPSMrVPS Member

      @antiycda said:
      Some Are Offline Some even lost All data! The first is MCH now the Hostress (aka GVH)!What can we do?

      Because they host 600 clients in one node.

      Thanked by 1Dillybob
    • @antiycda said:
      What can we do?

      Switch to a better provider. Let me know your requirement and budget.

      MilesWeb.com : cPanel Hosting | Dedicated Servers | VPS Hosting in UK, India, US & Romania

      Reseller Hosting with cPanel/WHM, 24/7 End User Support, Private SSL, Dedicated IP & WHMCS | Instant Setup | Data Migration

    • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member, Provider
      edited June 2015

      Honestly, if your data is not in three (3) different geographic locations, it is not that important to you.

      Bash providers all you want, this is the god honest truth.

      @sonic, we had an issue with 3/4 nodes. 1 node had a drive failure in the SSD cache and the other 2 just ate themselves after iptables locked the machine.

      Thanked by 2elgs Lee
      Transparency is key - Webhosting with a spine! - Live US based support, not to be confused with aliens.
    • @MCHPhil said:
      Honestly, if your data is not in three (3) different geographic locations, it is not that important to you.

      Bash providers all you want, this is the god honest truth.

      sonic, we had an issue with 3/4 nodes. 1 node had a drive failure in the SSD cache and the other 2 just ate themselves after iptables locked the machine.

      What do you mean by "ate" :)

    • raindog308raindog308 Moderator

      Dillybob said: Use a reputable provider that has been around the block and knows what they're doing.

      The easiest way to find this kind of provider is to look on WHT for providers who have the CORPORATE MEMBER tag.

      For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

    • @raindog308 said:
      The easiest way to find this kind of provider is to look on WHT for providers who have the CORPORATE MEMBER tag.

      Never knew about this, will only buy from WHT Corporate Members from now on. Thanks

      Thanked by 1raindog308

      Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
      Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

    • namhuynamhuy Member

      @hostnoob said:
      Never knew about this, will only buy from WHT Corporate Members from now on. Thanks

      i believe gvh used to have wht corp acc

    • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Provider

      Yep, GVH have a Corporate account on WHT.

      Gestion DBI Inc. | IT Consulting, Telecommunications, Domotic/Security and Hosting provider.
      DeepNet Solutions | OpenVZ VPS for Cheap! | Only the best Cloud KVM VPS.

    • MCHPhil said: other 2 just ate themselves after iptables locked the machine.

      What?

      C, Bash, Perl, Python, PHP, and JS hobbyist. VPS collector. Blog

    • @raindog308 said:
      The easiest way to find this kind of provider is to look on WHT for providers who have the CORPORATE MEMBER tag.

      @davidgestiondbi said:
      Yep, GVH have a Corporate account on WHT.

      @namhuy said:

      Yea GVH HAD one was revoked so @XFS_Duke bailed him out for the client data again. Then sold it to @tdale for a quick profit.

      Thanked by 1gestiondbi

      Different.

    • Not buy ridiculous plans from ridiculous providers.

    • fitvpnfitvpn Member

      Location matters

      Yes, I can boogie

    • LeeLee Member

      MCHPhil said: Unless your data is in three (3) different geographic locations it does not exist.

      Fixed that for you.

      Thanked by 1MCHPhil

      It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

    • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

      I noticed that some countries have an exceptional amount of failing companies. It can probably also be associated with the effort required to go through to found a company. Never was I let down by a German AG or GmbH (minimum capital of 50,000€ and 25,000€).

      Most LET providers don't even list company details on their website...

      (((o(゚▽゚)o))) If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy. (((o(゚▽゚)o)))

      ヽ(`Д´)ノ Everyone should run Tor on their idle servers.

    • fitvpnfitvpn Member

      4n0nx said: Most LET providers don't even list company details on their website..

      Which companies? Many LEB/LET providers sole traders who tried earn and pay from own pocket for everything than resell. No money,no business that simple rule.

      Yes, I can boogie

    • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

      fitvpn said: Which companies? Many LEB/LET providers sole traders who tried earn and pay from own pocket for everything than resell. No money,no business that simple rule.

      Could publish stuff like name, address, phone # , email address, "about us/me",..

      (((o(゚▽゚)o))) If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy. (((o(゚▽゚)o)))

      ヽ(`Д´)ノ Everyone should run Tor on their idle servers.

    • fitvpnfitvpn Member

      4n0nx said: Could publish stuff like name, address, phone # , email address, "about us/me",..

      Which purposes? You feel self better if has his names and home address? Call to say Hello?

      Yes, I can boogie

    • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

      fitvpn said: Which purposes? You feel self better if has his names and home address? Call to say Hello?

      yes

      (((o(゚▽゚)o))) If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy. (((o(゚▽゚)o)))

      ヽ(`Д´)ノ Everyone should run Tor on their idle servers.

    • fitvpnfitvpn Member

      4n0nx said: yes

      Probably too much for your $3,25 per month :)

      Yes, I can boogie

    • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

      fitvpn said: Probably too much for your $3,25 per month :)

      no

      (((o(゚▽゚)o))) If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy. (((o(゚▽゚)o)))

      ヽ(`Д´)ノ Everyone should run Tor on their idle servers.

    • omg! Such Corporate makes me cry

      @davidgestiondbi said:
      Yep, GVH have a Corporate account on WHT.

    • $18/3months

      i don't think $6/m is cheap. but data was lost...how damn

      @fitvpn said:
      Probably too much for your $3,25 per month :)

    • fitvpnfitvpn Member

      Add 5 sold VPS per month and 8 opened cases where you feel something wrong with your disk IO or ping to Zimbabwe too high. Including 2 credit card chargebacks where almost impossible to recover funds and PP takes $18 processing fee for each chargeback from seller over returned amount

      Yes, I can boogie

    • WilliamWilliam Member, Provider

      If you bought from GVH that was to be expected, i hope you have backups.

    • lucky! no backups.

      @William said:
      If you bought from GVH that was to be expected, i hope you have backups.

    Sign In or Register to comment.