Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN providers that offer dedicated IP + port forwarding
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN providers that offer dedicated IP + port forwarding

JürgenMJürgenM Member

I need a vpn provider that is capable of providing me with a dedicated IP and allows port forwarding so i can access remotely any services running behind my vpn.

this vpn would be used to cover my dedicated server ip adress.

it would be great if you guys could share a provider that offers this! thanks very much!

Comments

• why not just a cheap vps then?

• @belinik said:
    why not just a cheap vps then?

that would require some technical skills that i do not have, a ready-to-go solution would be my prefference! if possible!

• https://nvpn.net/index.php

But why should you cover your dedi's IP address, for DDoS Protection, or do you host some sh*t?

• @Frecyboy said:
    https://nvpn.net/index.php

But why should you cover your dedi's IP address, for DDoS Protection, or do you host some sh*t?

both i guess.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited June 2015

JürgenM said: that would require some technical skills that i do not have

And you got a dedicated server... That's gonna be funny, or do you have someone managing it for you?

Thanked by 1rm_
  • JürgenMJürgenM Member
    edited June 2015

@Frecyboy said:
    And you got a dedicated server... That's gonna be funny, or do you have someone managing it for you?

There are tutorials about setting up a GRE based Tunnel on linux vps (http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/gre_tunnel) but my dedicated server runs Windows Server 2012 R2 as OS, i could not follow through with this..

Managing my dedicated server is not a problem, i know how firewalls work and i use duosecurity as extra auth layer.

• something I came across, have not tried it but it might interest you.

http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/redirect_traffic
    i think it is worth a try since it is cheaper then vpn solution most of the time, especially if you need dedicated ip and ability to do port management.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@belinik said:
    something I came across, have not tried it but it might interest you.

http://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/redirect_traffic
    i think it is worth a try since it is cheaper then vpn solution most of the time, especially if you need dedicated ip and ability to do port management.

REDIR is a pretty terrible option for this.

Is your dedicated running behind a home router or something or are you looking to protect it from floods, etc?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

im renting a dedicated server from worldstream.nl and i really love their service + performance! its truely perfect! but i dont wanna risk having this excellent service terminated because someone reports my IP adress for some bullshit reason.. they are very strict on keeping their IP reputation clean. this is why i need another IP ontop of it as guard.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

JürgenM said: im renting a dedicated server from worldstream.nl and i really love their service + performance! its truely perfect! but i dont wanna risk having this excellent service terminated because someone reports my IP adress for some bullshit reason.. they are very strict on keeping their IP reputation clean. this is why i need another IP ontop of it as guard.

You could just set up HAProxy for that, on any VPS.

joepie91 said: You could just set up HAProxy for that, on any VPS.

It really mucks up things on websites since it doesn't forward the user's IP short of x-forwarding-for?

Anyway, I can help you with something like that, not sure what your budget is.

Francisco

• @joepie91 said:
    You could just set up HAProxy for that, on any VPS.

UDP is necessary too, not just the TCP protocol.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

JürgenM said: UDP is necessary too, not just the TCP protocol.

Ah yes, then HAProxy won't work for your usecase.

Francisco said: It really mucks up things on websites since it doesn't forward the user's IP short of x-forwarding-for?

That's just a matter of configuring your HTTPd (or application) to use the forwarding headers, as with any reverse proxy. Most HTTPds offer this either natively or through an extension.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • i will be going with the services from @francisco to make this happen.

this thread can be closed or left open for more input, i'll leave it upto the administrators of LET.

• alshahadalshahad Member
    edited June 2015

@Francisco I am in my home having some servers that works internal, as our ISP not allowing anybody to get public or even static IP, I am thinking about solution for this issue.
    A few days ago, I build VPN and port forwarding for port 80 and 3389, and I succeed, but from time to another it is disconnect. You have any other good solution?

Thanks.

• Depending on what is causing the disconnections it may or may not be possible to stop them, however it should at the very least be possible to make the connection re-establish itself fairly quickly after it's lost.

@dragon2611 said:
    Depending on what is causing the disconnections it may or may not be possible to stop them, however it should at the very least be possible to make the connection re-establish itself fairly quickly after it's lost.

I'm willing to bet he's probably using something like PPTP or OpenVPN to handle his tunnel.

Same as I'm doing for the topic OP, I can provide a good solution for this that'd work well on Windows too.

No, I don't work for free anymore :P

Francisco

• Francisco said: Same as I'm doing for the topic OP, I can provide a good solution for this that'd work well on Windows too.

Pm'd.

• @Francisco Yes if I need DDOS protected IP then I'll probably look at buyvm and tunneling it, but at the moment I don't feel the need for one.