Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it too late to request for cancellation?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is it too late to request for cancellation?

PcNyPcNy Member

I ordered an annual VPS since last year (Invoice: July 7, 2014).
Yesterday I received a notification for invoice made for the next year (Invoice: June 28, 2015. Due: July 7, 2015).

If I decided not to continue using this VPS, is it too late to request for cancellation now without paying for the next year?

Thank you.

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

Yes, you can request cancellation. If they don't allow requesting when an invoice has generated speak to their support. There is no requirement for you to renew.

Thanked by 1PcNy
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

I only know of 2 hosts that enforce that to the point of getting debt collection agencies involved, 1&1 @ rootnerds (Ideal Hosting), I highly doubt any host will mind if you just say oops forgot to renew, or just put an instant cancellation request in.

Invoices are just generated in advance to give you plenty of time.

Thanked by 1PcNy
  • rds100rds100 Member

You should check with the host's ToS but common sense suggests that you should have no problem cancelling before 7th of July 2015.

Thanked by 1PcNy
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I only know of 2 hosts that enforce that to the point of getting debt collection agencies involved, 1&1 @ rootnerds (Ideal Hosting), I highly doubt any host will mind if you just say oops forgot to renew, or just put an instant cancellation request in.

Invoices are just generated in advance to give you plenty of time.

I apologize to go a little bit OT, but in your experience does OVH involve debt collectors?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

Issam2204 said: I apologize to go a little bit OT, but in your experience does OVH involve debt collectors?

No, they don't, with their automatic system they also don't have any reason to (they suspend your server immediately on the billing due date, it's terminated/wiped/reallocated shortly thereafter).

But for some reason they keep spamming me with these emails for the last twelve+ months even though I have no active services on SYS (only on OVH now):

In accordance with the terms of your contract, there must be a valid payment method set up in your Control Panel. Failing that, we cannot guarantee that your services will continue to operate when they reach the end of their billing period.

The current payment method set up on your account is no longer active. This may be due to the fact that your bank card has expired or been rejected, or your PayPal account has been deleted.

Please enter the details of a new payment method as soon as possible in your Control Panel:

https://eu.soyoustart.com/manager/

Kind regards,

SoYouStart.com Customer Service

Mon-Fri from 9am to 8pm

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • @perennate said:

Mon-Fri from 9am to 8pm

Got that crap on runabove

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Issam2204 said: experience does OVH involve debt collectors?

Never cancelled anything with them so no idea, never heard of it though.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • Issam2204 said: I apologize to go a little bit OT, but in your experience does OVH involve debt collectors?

No they don't. I've forget to renew a server (private one) and viola it's gone after billing due date. They just wipe your server after due date if no payment was done.

PcNy said: If I decided not to continue using this VPS, is it too late to request for cancellation now

No. You can request cancellation. However, you cannot request refund I think. (Becuase GHV is now gone)

Thanked by 1Issam2204