Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to? Any program for this? LAN PARTY with 1 PC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to? Any program for this? LAN PARTY with 1 PC

Installed windows 10. Windows 10 has virtual desktops. My friends has laptops but their laptop.. a bit slow. I got GTX 960 which has 4 HDMI + 1DVI.

Possible to use their laptop for screen and their laptop mouse and keyboard and run the games on my PC? Because my PC very strong...

Thats the question. I dont know which program need for this or possible is this.

Comments

• VGA passthrough with qemu might work?

• I'd likely lag and not work anyhow. The refresh rate and bandwidth required won't make it possible. Try to RDP from a laptop to a desktop over the network and you'll see.

• SadySady Member

Just a thing, how would you even connect on your friend's laptop?
    You can't do this unless it has some kind of HDMI-in ability.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Setup a VM on your box, and use RDP? RDP is quite fluend.

• well HDMI , With RDP things could be slow. I just only got a 100mbit connection.

Anyway thanks for suggestion. Time to buy a better laptop.. :D

• If they're in the same network as you (in your home), you may be able to use a VGA hub and set the screens to use on the host computer.

• Steam in-home streaming?

• MuZoMuZo Member

@Mitchfizz05 said:
    Steam in-home streaming?

Yep try this. Although when i tested it, it was too laggy for me, but i guess it also depends from the game.

• @MuZo said:
    Yep try this. Although when i tested it, it was too laggy for me, but i guess it also depends from the game.

Works fine when you're having 1Gbit internal network (laptop can play from my game pc just fine while connected with a Cat 5e LAN cable) Although WiFi is a bit laggy (450Mbps max here).

Thanked by 1Mitchfizz05