Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And this is fair? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

And this is fair?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@LAKid said: @pubcrawler everyday? they never have stock.

Depends on the plan.

Some plans have more stock than others but things like our 128's/256's go pretty quick :)

@CVPS_Chris said: @francisco, not really sure why you were brought into this. Like I said nothing against you as we are on good terms and want to leave it that way.

Bite my shiny met- oh, you were being nice >_>

<3

Fran

• BuyVM has stock :) Just not stock of every plan and every day. Like good luck getting a storage VPS.

Still a need for this:
    http://www.doesbuyvmhavestock.com/

• @Francisco said: People are very happy with what we offer and they buy lots of it up.

I love BuyVM..

• @LAKid said: @pubcrawler everyday? they never have stock.

i follow buyvm stock almost everyday... they do have stock...

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: Truth is no one can do it. Ya maybe they can offer 20-50 of these at those prices but I can go on and on and on and not even break a sweat like it was said above. I never have stock issues and Im pretty sure everyone can contest to that

ohhhh sounds like a deal, probably we should get into that as well?

I just grab a few used HP DL380 G7 (144GB RAM, 16x1TB 2,5", Dual Intel E5649, HW RAID) for about 2500EUR, Colocate them with 100Mbit flatrate and IPs as needed + Power in Bratislava, Slovakia: 68EUR / Month (6ms to Vienna, but 60% less power costs)

• SolusVM license (lets keep it simple and not consider that we'd use our own panel) 12EUR

ROI should be 24 months, so the server costs 105EUR / mo and 80EUR for colo and licenses.
    Now i can sell:
    72 Plans with minimal overselling at 2GB RAM each and 100Gb HDD at 2,6EUR / mo
    Or realistically oversell by 50%:
    108 Plans at 2GB RAM each and 75Gb HDD at 1,8EUR / mo

Add some profit, so bump the prices to 3,6 or 2,8EUR (means 72 or 108EUR profit per node).
    3,6EUR are 4,6USD - so we'd undercut CVPS by 40cent and STILL make 1EUR profit per customer per month.

• @william don't forget to factor in your pay :). What's the people/support time estimate for running 72 plans?

• Not much, nearly nothing.

• For some of us with existing infrastructure and customer base, manpower for support staff is already there. We're just asking them to spend 1hr less time on facebook/youtube and work on these new customer tickets instead. :)

• @william I love you haha :-)

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2012

@eastonch said: @william I love you haha :-)

Me too haha.

@CVPS_Chris said: You cant afford Colocrossing -_-

You mad bro? Jon has given me some really aggressive quotes, much cheaper than what we pay in Europe, so don't make assumptions with no facts to back them up..

And yes your right, you are much bigger, your attitude backs that up. Luckily i don't rely on GetKVM/VSliced for my income.

FTR, i knew your ego would make you respond to this thread eventually :P

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

So ? Who is going below 5 $ ?
    M

• Race to the bottom! Buyvm is making money, linode is making tons as well. Everyone is making money. Your price should depend on your client niche and location. Starbucks is making mine. So as the lil coffee shop cross the street. Starbucks Is making more with better quality and service. Let's focus on customer satisfaction like secure dragon and hostigation have done instead of letting customers wait 12 hour.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@GetKVM_Ash said: You mad bro? Jon has given me some really aggressive quotes

He most likely know what Jon gave you. More than once we saw both nicks (Chris & Jon) at IRC from same IP address. What a coincidence ;-)

[06:33] * jbiloh-colocross has joined #lowendbox

[06:33] [#lowendbox] Clones: 2 from jbiloh-colocross (CVPS_Chris1)
    [06:33] * ChanServ sets mode: +v jbiloh-colocross

edited November 2012

@Spirit said: He most likely know what Jon gave you. Once we saw both nicks (Chris & Jon) at IRC from same IP address. What a coincidence ;-)

Funny you should say that, a little birdie tells me Chris might also be behind the end of reality brand.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@GetKVM_Ash said: Once we saw both nicks

My mistake. After checking my logs I edited "once" to "more than once" ;-)

@GetKVM_Ash said: Chris might also be behind the end of reality brand

I remember how much he struggled to convience us that BuffaloVPS isn't his brand but from their "friend" and then advertised it like different company (double ChicagoVPS / BuffaloVPS advertisement at LEB).

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Thinking how he is buying hosts, why would that be surprising.
    M

• @Maounique said: Thinking how he is buying hosts, why would that be surprising.

No, i don't mean he bought it. I mean its been his all along. Cmon M, read between the lines.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@Maounique said: Thinking how he is buying hosts, why would that be surprising.

Because it wouldn't be first time that it would be actually him behind acting under different name which means that he would take advantage of non-connected advertizing of different brands at LEB. One day BuffaloVPS, second day ChicagoVPS, third day....

edited November 2012

@Spirit said: Because it wouldn't be first time that it would be actually him behind acting under different name which means that he would take advantage of non-connected advertizing of different brands at LEB.

Exactly, a little LEB rules bypass here and there. At least some of us posses the possibility to think outside of the box.

ChicagoVPS / BuffalloVPS how imaginative. And FTR, there is a reason you dont want to upset @Francisco, because he knows what's really going on with you.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I am not saying it is not possible, however knowing the size of Colocrossing, why would they even bother doing something like this just to get a double ad at LEB? Yeah, it is a good income of targeted traffic, but still not worth all the trouble.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

It's also not cool to use fake real names to take advantage over community. Older LEB readers will remember "Adam from BuffaloVPS emailed me their latest promo code for the LowEndBox readers." lines.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: I am not saying it is not possible, however knowing the size of Colocrossing, why would they even bother doing something like this just to get a double ad at LEB? Yeah, it is a good income of targeted traffic, but still not worth all the trouble.

Huh, im not saying anything about ColoCrossing, im talking about Chris :S

• Moar money?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012
    edited November 2012

Haha thank you @Spirit i had not read that before, what a load of BS. Chris just seems to slip through the net repeatedly when it comes to getting his comeuppance.

If i could thank you, i would.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Your guys are all nuts. Adam is a real person hahahaha as a favor I helped him try and start his own company but it didnt work out for him and I took it over. I still had him send in promotions yes, but he is a real person.

@GetKVM_Ash , your just plain stupid. End of Reality is their own brand and I know nothing about them or have anything to do with them. As far as I know I thought you turned down the offer because it was too "high". Got ya. You cant rely on your company for income because its just not there, where it is for me.

@Francisco knows nothing, and I dont need to stay on anyone's good side. Once again your all back to this conspiracy theory and its hilarious you have nothing better to talk about.

@William, the hardware you just mentioned is shit and wouldnt have good performance. Wow undercut me $.40, Ill just drop it again and still have the superior product. Good luck with that ;-)

edited November 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: As far as I know I thought you turned down the offer because it was too "high".

I never said that at all haha, so come back with some proof. In fact, more to the point (Even though that's not the case) why is Jon sharing confidential correspondence with you, i mean that is what your saying here right? That ColoCrossing are sharing private information with you?

• @CVPS_Chris stop already yes we all know you have the biggest e-penis of us all cause you can under cut anybody here. You deliver a good product, but that won't help if you piss off all your clientele with your antics.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited November 2012

Chris, I think your attitude here is hurting you more then anything I could ever say. You're starting to remind me of ChrisK from Avante with your superior everything.

This discussion has been closed.