Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And this is fair? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

And this is fair?

Comments

• ahh that explains it @Maounique

• RandyRandy Member
    edited October 2012

How do you know?

Not Autoboot?

• tinyraytinyray Member
    edited October 2012

Kenshin: We're just intelligent (and demanding) buyers.

Exactly said,
    for instance, I got one of my window regulators broken, pepboys asked me $336, yourglassrightnow required a half that much,... I did it my self for just $42 and 25m work. We live a life with fucky markets, we need to be demanding ourselves.

• @tinyray fucky markets?

• Heck, we've stuck 30% off coupons over our website before, and 50% of people still don't use them

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

If Someone provide a 2GB RAM under $6 then they need to reserve a 7GB to 8GB RAM for system.

Eg: If they use monster server and hosting a too many VPSs then maybe they don't need a 7GB to 8GB Reserve RAM for System?

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Zen said: wat?

I would thank you..

• TazTaz Member

All I read is ting tong chong chong I am warrior.

• @DewlanceVPS said: If Someone provide a 2GB RAM under $6 then they need to reserve a 7GB to 8GB RAM for system.

Eg: If they use monster server and hosting a too many VPSs then maybe they don't need a 7GB to 8GB Reserve RAM for System?

Where did you get this information from? Even for Xen nodes the recommended 1-2GB for Dom0 (host node) is more than sufficient to run 60x2GB nodes. 4GB would probably get you very far, nowhere near your 7-8GB.

OpenVZ even better, 1GB can last you for the entire 60x2GB with room to spare.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@Kenshin said: Where did you get this information from? Even for Xen nodes the recommended 1-2GB for Dom0 (host node) is more than sufficient to run 60x2GB nodes. 4GB would probably get you very far, nowhere near your 7-8GB.

OpenVZ even better, 1GB can last you for the entire 60x2GB with room to spare.

I know this but "Maybe" system will use too much RAM(7-8gb) when they will host too many VPSs?

@DewlanceVPS said: I know this but "Maybe" system will use too much RAM(7-8gb) when they will host too many VPSs?

Am I seeing things? The host node will usually use the amount the VPS's put together + any OS RAM/other processes.

If the host node + VPS's are using 7-8GB RAM, then it will use 7-8GB RAM..
    Why are you running a "company" when you don't know how to use a server?

• Whoah, the cheek of the boy. Kids in glass houses..

@dominicl said: If the host node + VPS's are using 7-8GB RAM, then it will use 7-8GB RAM..

• @dominicl said: Am I seeing things? The host node will usually use the amount the VPS's put together + any OS RAM/other processes.

If the host node + VPS's are using 7-8GB RAM, then it will use 7-8GB RAM..

Not that familiar with xen, but I think dom0 uses more ram depending on the number of guests.

@GetKVM_Ash said: Whoah, the cheek of the boy. Kids in glass houses..

Well..it's true.

• jhjh Member
    edited October 2012

@Corey said: Not that familiar with xen, but I think dom0 uses more ram depending on the number of guests.

Marginally

• @DewlanceVPS said: If Someone provide a 2GB RAM under $6 then they need to reserve a 7GB to 8GB RAM for system.

I uh... loss for words. :confused::

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

One of those moments that I'm tempted to best the offer for the heck of it ;)

Let me check my nodes and I will post back :P

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Everyone's numbers are off, although I do find it quite interesting that everyone is interested in how we do it.

@nunim said: it's called buying in bulk and overselling, you just do it better then some others.

Dont know what you mean buying in bulk? You mean the fact we own all our own hardware? Also overselling is not a bad thing, it just has to be managed to keep everything run smoothly. Im confident that my $7 2GB VPS can hold up to any Premium priced VPS provider.

• mojedamojeda Member
    edited November 2012

@CVPS_Chris said: I never have stock issues and Im pretty sure everyone can contest to that

No problems on any of them.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@CVPS_Chris said: Im confident that my $7 2GB VPS can hold up to any Premium priced VPS provider.

Based one what data?

From what I have seen (not saying they are bad) your benchmarks do not even come close to linode, 6sync, racksrv etc (not many do)

@GetKVM_Ash said: Like i said, if no action is taken against Chris i would be happy to loose out just to give him a taste of his own medicine

Go for it, you would only be hurting yourself haha You can lose money if you really want but no matter what you do it will not hurt my business as we are much larger.

@GetKVM_Ash said: I personally would love to see how Chris would react if @Francisco stepped in on a ChicagoVPS ad and posted a yearly offer to wipe the floor with them.

He cant, Ive already beat his yearly offer, and never has stock. However I never go out of stock. Nothing against Fran just a known fact.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris said: He cant, Ive already beat his yearly offer, and never has stock. However I never go out of stock. Nothing against Fran just a known fact.

You didn't beat it like we can't offer it, we simply don't need to compete in e-peen contests and prefer to make a bit extra :)

People are very happy with what we offer and they buy lots of it up.

Francisco

@GetKVM_Ash said: I might even take ColoCrossing up on a previous custom offer just for the occasion.

You cant afford Colocrossing -_-

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Jack I never said it was bad I made a point of saying it was not, however they don't actually even come up on the first page along side some LEB providers never mind premium.

No offence intended I just hate bold claims that are not backed up with data.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

This is just fun to watch now

• Boy this thread is getting interesting :)

You cant afford Colocrossing -_- >

2 x Intel Xeon E5520, 12 GB, 500 GB, 6 TB, $419.95

What in the heck is up with colocrossing's own website prices. That's el ripoff. No one could afford to operate a VPS node at that price.

Colocrossing obviously is another operation with hiked up front side pricing that sells to resellers are much lower rates.

@francisco, not really sure why you were brought into this. Like I said nothing against you as we are on good terms and want to leave it that way.

• @pubcrawler said: Colocrossing obviously is another operation with hiked up front side pricing that sells to resellers are much lower rates.

Isn't like almost every DC like that nowdays?

• @lele0108

There are many companies who have these pricing issues.

Imagine if Walmart sold you jeans for $25, but sold them to other folks "in the know" for $5. You'd be mighty pi$$ed and I bet State Attorney Generals would put a quick stop to the practice.

A coupon is one thing, but what goes on in data service sector far exceeds what a coupon is.

I give BuyVM TONS of credit for being an upstanding operation. They are the real deal. Low prices and those are what you see up front. No coupons, but rather everyday low low prices.

• @pubcrawler everyday? they never have stock.

This discussion has been closed.