Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndSpirit at Singapore
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndSpirit at Singapore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So @AnthonySmith ,This month is going to end soon( only few days left), Can you share the progress of it ?

Thanks.

I know that there is already a LowEndSpirit in Japan , but i get 130 ms ping on it, But if it was Singapore it would be only 60+ .

I hope the LES at Singapore will have a little more bandwidth( 100 GB) than LES at Japan .

Also what are your thoughts on this guys ?.

Thanked by 2Mitchfizz05 roykem

Comments

• erkinerkin Member

Looking forward to hear more.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

littlehappycloud.net SG will be up hopefully within 72 hours, LES will follow soon after that, delays were caused due to hardware config issues.

Yes it will get more than 100GB, probably 500GB for LHC and 350GB for LES, for anyone wondering it will be based out of Leaseweb SG.

Ant.

• I hope > 2GB storage.

manlivo said: I hope > 2GB storage.

I have not ran the numbers yet but SG will probably be 15GB storage.

Thanked by 2manlivo vimalware
  • The spec of the dedi is really good.

TinyTunnel_Tom said: The spec of the dedi is really good.

I changed it from what we spoke about, its 12 x 1TB SAS now instead of 12 x 300GB 15k sas as they only have capacitor based P410's which are not really designed to handle the throughput of the backplate so MAX seqential IO is around 400MB/s anyway which you get with 12 x 1TB in HW Raid 10 anyway so there was literally no advantage.

I tested the random R/W as well and throughput under different scenarios over 3 days while there was slightly better results with the 15k drives the difference was not what I would deem to be human noticeable.

This was a large part of they delays, I tested everything, then eventually found out for that config for any performance gain over just 4 drives it needed to be a 411 at least.

• gonggogonggo Member

Can't wait

• J1021J1021 Member

@AnthonySmith Is Singapore going to be a new location or a move from Tokyo?

• Looking forward to Singapore location.. hope have good connection from my location.

kcaj said: @AnthonySmith Is Singapore going to be a new location or a move from Tokyo?

It will be a new location but when SG launches free movement/migration between all locations will be officially supported, I wont scrap Japan but I may move it to Linode as Vultr's ipv6 implementation gives me more headaches than I need and Linode provides actual APNIC IP's.

I did toy with the idea of scrapping japan and migrating everyone to SG however now that Linode is a viable alternative I am pleased I don't need to.

• Guys!, http://littlehappycloud.net/singapore/

AnthonySmith said: LES will follow soon after that,

Any ETA for LES at SG ?.

Thanks.

• manlivomanlivo Member
    edited July 2015

Good Price. My vps is pending. Waiting....

• LHC has that = LES soon. Excited XD

• Seems IH website is currently down now :(

• @Wira_Soenaryo said:
    Seems IH website is currently down now :(

It works for me. A bit slow though.

• @AnthonySmith Can I buy multiple KVMs then merge them?

• tommytommy Member

down atm

No cached version of this page is available. 

• Offline for me too atm. Error 522?

• roykemroykem Member

Glad to know there will be LES in SG.

Will try littlehappy KVM while wait for LES SG.

MichaelBui said: @AnthonySmith Can I buy multiple KVMs then merge them?

No sorry, that is not offered.

A DDOS attack was the reason for the slow/unreachable site for a while, it started within a few minutes of this thread being bumped, some nice people out there.

The LES (OpenVZ) packages will be out today depending on backlog due to this mornings attack.

• @AnthonySmith No dedicated IP option for LHC Singapore?

@mikeyur sadly not, the DC charges $5 per IP p/month with a maximum of around 8 in total per server, leasing a /24 from anyone but APNIC directly seems near impossible so that only leaves the option of applying for a block and getting it routed which at this stage is not a smart move, if the service is popular I may reconsider.

In the Netherlands the amount of people who have taken the dedicated IP add on represents 2% of the customers on the node for context.

• elgselgs Member

I'm wondering how they make the server useful without a dedicated IP address?

• wychwych Member

@elgs said:
    I'm wondering how they make the server useful without a dedicated IP address?

NAT via a shared IPv4?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2015

elgs said: I'm wondering how they make the server useful without a dedicated IP address?

It does have a dedicated range of IPv6 addresses.

• elgselgs Member

@wych said:
    NAT via a shared IPv4?

So outbound is barely affected, but inbound using port mapping? How many ports can a server get?

• elgselgs Member

@rm_ said:
    It does have a dedicated range of IPv6 addresses.

That makes sense for things like database servers that don't need to directly talk to the clients.

• wychwych Member
    edited July 2015

@elgs said:

Varies between providers and the offers, I think Ant also offers a reverse proxy to map sites to forward to NAT ports.

rm_ said: It does have a dedicated range of IPv6 addresses.

Yep, its on the website: http://littlehappycloud.net/singapore/

@elgs, you get 20 TCP and 20 UDP + 1 dedicated pre forwarded SSH port and a reverse proxy for port 80 which is built in to solusvm e.g.:

The only things I can think of that you cant do with this (in a conventional way) is host a dns/nameserver or mail server over ipv4.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • fkjfkj Member

@AnthonySmith can you PM me a test ip on the SG node? Thanks!