Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEBA - LEB Anonymous (sortof)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEBA - LEB Anonymous (sortof)

bitbit Member
edited October 2012 in Help

I'm Bit, and I am addicted to LEB’s.

Well, if I didn’t have a reason for getting them, then I would definitely say I was addicted.

I just did a count and I have more than 5 LEB’s, more than all my fingers and toes. I think it's 24 but it could be 26 (need to do an inventory of my yearly plans, one or two may have slipped through the cracks).

I started off getting a mix of KVM and OpenVZ VPS’s, then decided to standardise on KVM. Only problem is that some of the OpenVZ offers are just so damn tempting.

So now I have a bunch of tempting LEBbait that I couldn’t resist, which has lead me to alter my plans a bit. My project, let’s just call it: Project LEB Skynet - (I know what your thinking). Was originally going to be on one OS (either Arch Linux or one of the BSD’s), but because of the OpenVZ VPS’s and as some of the providers only offer a limited distribution set.

I started looking to use CentOS 6.3 (for the OpenVZ), After a couple of days trying to figure out how to get round the 512mb requirement for the installer (all the options to get into text mode, hitting tab and typing text, hitting Esc and typing linux text. Didn’t work on my test setup, looked into using kickstart but that would be a no go). Anyway I decided to switch to Debian. Currently going through: The Debian Administrator's Handbook by Raphaël Hertzog and Roland Mas

Although I wish there was a quicker version, I'm not a newbie by any stretch. When I start a new project I make the assumption of starting as if I were a newbie and wet behind the ears (so that I don’t assume I know it all and end up making monumental blunders). It’s never let me down in all the projects I have completed, so why fix what ain't broke.

Anyway need to get back to my reading, the more time I spend on here the more chance my LEB’s will multiply.

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@bit said: Project LEB Skynet

So, as far as I understand, you are going to make some infrastructure of LEB's that will take over the world?

• bitbit Member

Nah, that's the next project. This one is to ensure the next one doesn't: kill all humans.

• Perhaps a bit late for you, but this has worked for me getting Cent installed on low-mem KVM.

• wdqwdq Member

So when will your version of Skynet become self aware? I have to be prepared.

• Hasn't that always been the goal of LowEndBox?

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/amazon-free-ec2-micro-instance-613mb-xen-vps-for-1-year/

No better time for the entrepreneurs amongst us to get started on the next arse-kicking web app (or evil world domination plan, if it is your thing, Bwahahahah!!!)

• bitbit Member

@wdq - if all goes to plan, the second stage project should never realises it's self aware. Worst case scenario it plays tic tac toe until the accounts expire.

In all seriousness, more LEBbait is tempting me this morning. I am this close --> <-- to taking on another LEB

• I prefer tic tac toe instead of death.