Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM Acquired by New Wave NetConnect LLC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM Acquired by New Wave NetConnect LLC

ben78ben78 Member
edited June 2015 in Providers

Received this email:

** Dear BlueVM Customers,

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you, BlueVM loyal supporters, for your continued commitment to giving us a chance to serve you with our services for your hosting needs.

This is the official announcement that BlueVM has been acquired by New Wave NetConnect LLC. We are very aware of how poor the performance and support has been in the past and are fully engaged to get BlueVM operations running smoothly once again.

With that being said, we do please ask for some patience. The process to recover BlueVM is not an overnight project. We are setting our cross hairs on current customers only. What this means is that no new orders will be accepted until our current customers are taken care of.

One of the main issues with BlueVM performance was the Feathur control panel. We will be migrating all packages to SolusVM for more stability. At this point in time, all OpenVZ packages have been moved to SolusVM, KVM packages will be the next phase to be moved and should be finished 100% in the next week.

Here is the plan as we work on BlueVM:

1. Dedicate more support staff to the supprt desk
  2. Move all packages to SolusVM ( All OpenVZ Completed )
  3. Migrate all packages off slabbed nodes onto bare metal
  • This process will be the longest process, and we are aiming to have this completed by August 1st, 2015.

I hope that the continued improvement on services will impress. I hope that the new around-the-clock support team will impress you with their knowledge and friendliness. If not, I hope you'll get involved during this transition, and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Follow us on Twitter at @chicagovps (#) , and let us know how we're doing. We do appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Chris Fabozzi
Director of Operations, New Wave NetConnect LLC.

http://www.facebook.com/chicagovps
Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/chicagovps)
http://www.twitter.com/chicagovps
Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/chicagovps)
http://bluevm.com
Website (http://bluevm.com)

============================================================
Copyright © 2015 BlueVM, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this E-Mail because you are a client of BlueVM.

Our mailing address is:
BlueVM
9697 Garden Walk
Clarence Center, NY 14032
USA

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2015

Well, this took place a long time ago but congratulations on finally taking a moment to inform your customer base.

EDIT: Also, it's BlueVM, not BueVM. May want to update your title. :)

Thanked by 2ChrisMiller isalem
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2015

This should keep Dr Mike going on VPSB for another week.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Lee said: This should keep Dr Mike going on VPSB for another week.

Nah.

Just curious why it took 2 months for them to announce the sale since it occurred back in April. ;)

Thanked by 1Lee
  • And Hostress and all the other pawn hosts are already secretly acquired but they will get their own public announcement in the upcoming months.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Dillybob said:
    And Hostress and all the other pawn hosts are already secretly acquired but they will get their own public announcement in the upcoming months.

Ok, tough guy.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Lee said: Ok, tough guy.

All roads lead to ColoCrossing.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

MannDude said: EDIT: Also, it's BlueVM, not BueVM. May want to update your title. :)

Oddly, that typo is actually in the newsletter they sent out.

• jtcxjtcx Member

Well, I suppose that explains why nobody at BlueVM has bothered to answer my "VPS Down" ticket from Monday. Although, perhaps the unannounced switch to SolusVM was what caused my VPS to go down. I don't see why this was so secret... you know what they say, "the coverup is worse than the crime".

• petrispetris Member

Amazingly there's actually an unsubscribe link in the email...

• Phew. I thought this said BuyVM at first.

• RIP Feathur :-(

• I saw this coming from a mile away

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • Jeffrey said: I saw this coming from a mile away

I saw it coming parallel from 3 feet away. So?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @Dillybob said:
    And Hostress and all the other pawn hosts are already secretly acquired but they will get their own public announcement in the upcoming months.

Hi, I saw your latest youtube video and have to say you've really toned yourself down...

Thanked by 3jar PremiumN alexvolk
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

wait a second... they took down the feathur github, move all users to solusvm.... what about the responsibility to the feathur users or can someone from CVPS confirm as the new owners it is considered abandoned?

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited June 2015

As if we hadn't expected this to happen :/

Next up in the line: GoodHosting, deadpooled companies, etc...

• AnthonySmith said: they took down the feathur github

I noticed that too. I went to GitHub earlier today to make a local backup of feathur, but noticed the account was gone :(.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

telephone said: I noticed that too. I went to GitHub earlier today to make a local backup of feathur, but noticed the account was gone :(.

Few forks available of the last version though by the look of it without edit.

But this really is something that @CVPS_Matt or @CVPS_Chris need to answer and sooner rather than later.

• Maybe ChicagoVPS doesn't care about this community. Should be an interesting conclusion.

• telephone said: I noticed that too. I went to GitHub earlier today to make a local backup of feathur, but noticed the account was gone :(.

I think I'm missing a couple commits, but my Github has a fork that still exists.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

mpkossen said: Maybe ChicagoVPS doesn't care about this community. Should be an interesting conclusion.

They are the Kevin O' Leary of the hosting industry. Not saying it's good or bad, but it's capitalism mixed with a bit of 'we don't give a fuck' at its finest. I think it's kind of fun to spot all their pawn hosts though just gathering clients.. slowly rounding everyone up :P

• So when will SolusVM be available? I have an openvz package and I'm still on that facacta Feathur.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

I'll add a note for this on my "hosts to avoid"-list. Why did the announcement take this long? It should have been pushed out months ago O_o

Oh well.

• SpiritSpirit Member

k0nsl said: I'll add a note for this on my "hosts to avoid"-list.

Now? That's awesome! Considering BlueVM host ultimately sucks for a several years and there was a thousands posts about random issues for last few years.

jtcx said: Well, I suppose that explains why nobody at BlueVM has bothered to answer my "VPS Down" ticket from Monday.

This monday or some random monday in 2014? What difference does it make out of sudden? They always sucks at this. Or occasional for a week long downtime without exlanation. Or some other issue.

Sometimes I really don't get people. This host was worst of the worst for more than a year and some of you act like something bad happened with them right now. Get real...

• k0nslk0nsl Member

@Spirit

Yeah, I know... :)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I don't think cvps owns feathur. I believe Justin moved on and isn't interested anymore.

• @jbiloh you own 123system, why there is no ticket reply for a month?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@toirdaprr said:
    jbiloh you own 123system, why there is no ticket reply for a month?

That definitely shouldn't be the case. What's your ticket number?

• @jbiloh you don't need my ticket no. here is what's going on.

me: Why vm is so slow? I/O is under 1mb/s.

123: would you upgrade your package?

me: No, I will cancel it

• I once had a VM there with network speeds of 1KB/s and had to ask for my VPS to be transferred.