Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel vs Plesk on Shared hosting providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel vs Plesk on Shared hosting providers

CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

What would you prefer between cPanel and Plesk 12 on shared hosting provider environments?

Share your views on which regarding security, spam management and etc :)

Thank you!

cPanel or Plesk?
  1. cPanel or Plesk28 votes
    1. cPanel
      71.43%
    2. Plesk 12
      28.57%

Comments

• for Linux Cpanel, and for Windows Plesk, is the most commercial.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • emgemg Veteran

I have used both, and they are very comparable in features. I had to move from Plesk to cPanel when I switched shared hosting providers for our "production" account.

The one feature I miss from Plesk is where I was able to create separate logins for different domains. One of my children has a hobby domain. With Plesk, there was a different account and password that provided access to the hobby domain, but left the primary domain inaccessible.

With cPanel, we must share the account, which gives access to all domains equally - both the hobby domain and the main production domain.

For that reason, I prefer Plesk.

I also liked the way that Plesk handled email aliases (vs. cPanel's forwarders), but do not remember how they differed. Since then, I have gotten used to the way that cPanel does it.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

@emg or you can take out a reseller account and create a separate cPanel account for that said domain. Mathis would be actually more reasonable as provided separation from the production account in case something wrong would go on on private account.