Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Removal of CC details from WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Removal of CC details from WHMCS

dracodraco Member
edited October 2012 in General

Hello guys, so I decided to remove my CC information from a provider but there is no "delete" option in the "Billing" > "Manage CC Details" page. The input of my current card details are greyed out too. I googled and found some options that admin can use to disable deletion from the clients themselves.

Now I have just renewed one more month because my account is expiring and I need some time to settle some loose ends. I will like to know what options I have right now to remove my CC details because apparently support at this company is dead as well.

Thanks man.

PS: Oh, I paid the next month using Google Checkout and set payment method to "Google Checkout" in hope that I won't be paying anymore recurring charges but I would still like to remove my CC details.

Comments

• If they've grayed out the option to delete your CC data, and the company is unresponsive to your inquiry on this issue, your only recourse is to contact your CC issuer and request that they block transactions from that merchant.

• Don't give random companies your credit card details.

@Damian Doesn't help you though if someone else gets hold of the data and uses the card.

• @AsadHaider said: Doesn't help you though if someone else gets hold of the data and uses the card.

Indeedy, the only true way that's guaranteed to not come back to haunt later is to cancel the card and have the CC issuer send a new card.

• Banks in the UK do not, and will not block Individual merchants. You will have to reissue your card. Hinting at you LicenseCube

• Yep, if it's a credit card I wouldn't worry too much about that (if it's a reputable company) as you can cancel fraud transactions. If it's a debit card of equivalent, I'd get the bank to reissue the card as you said Damian.

• jhjh Member

At least in the UK you can have fraudulent transactions reversed on debit cards as well.

• @jhadley said: At least in the UK you can have fraudulent transactions reversed on debit cards as well.

FWIW, can do it in the US too.

• Thanks guys! Guess I will give the provider a week or two (no real threat yet and I paid for another month already) before getting my card reissued for a peace of mind.

Thanks again. Will stick to google checkout in the future. Lesson learnt.

• @Damian said: FWIW, can do it in the US too.

Had a guy scam me of $600 one time and I couldn't get the charge reversed.

• @Corey said: Had a guy scam me of $600 one time and I couldn't get the charge reversed.

I would recommend changing banks. I think, but am not for certain, that it's illegal for banks to levy fradulent charges against customers.

• @Damian said: I would recommend changing banks. I think, but am not for certain, that it's illegal for banks to levy fradulent charges against customers.

It's because I knowingly made the transaction that they wouldn't reverse it. OFC I knowingly made the transaction... that's how being SCAMMED works... you KNOWINGLY make a transaction thinking you are going to get something and you don't.... made me fill out tons of paperwork... and wait two weeks to tell me they are declining my chargeback request.

• May I ask what bank?

• Hack their WHMCS and delete your CC info. Obv solution!