Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R1soft alternative?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

R1soft alternative?

Hello everyone.
Around the internet is for everything a alternative but for R1soft seems nothing to be.
Am looking for alternative with cpanel ap like they have. Am using cdp.me but there is no cpanel app so i can restore backups from cpanel.

Anyone of you knows any alternative?

Comments

• SNetworks1SNetworks1 Member
    edited June 2015

Why not use the built in cPanel backup system? That way you just setup the backups to save onto a remote server somewhere along with a local copy so you can restore it if you so desire, but have the remote backups in case of a server issue,

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

I think is not possible to restore from remote server via cpanel?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Bacula4hosts

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Bacula4hosts

$299 year. Not my thing :)

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

You can use:

1. cpremote
    2. RestoreManager

both use rsync and cost $3 -$5. /mo

Thanked by 2BuyAds FlamesRunner
  • DazzleDazzle Member

I've heard someone here built https://cdp.me/, open source or something like that

• Alternative option:
    Use ZFS on Linux and send full and incremental snapshots to a remote server.

Thanked by 1XiNiX
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Dazzle said: I've heard someone here built https://cdp.me/, open source or something like that

I was reading up on that thread as well here on LET, seems quite interesting.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

cPremote +1

• cpremote ++ 1

• SadySady Member

cPanel's built-in backup option would be the first priority but its a bit time cosuming to manage if you have more than a couple of servers so use cPRemote as we are doing :)

• @BuyAds said:
    I think is not possible to restore from remote server via cpanel?

We keep local and remote copies, I have no idea which one it restores from though as we've never needed to restore the backups... I have always treated the remote backups more of a redundancy copy in the event of a major local issue like a drive failing...

• BuyAds said: alternative but for R1soft

What problems are you having with R1Soft?

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

I must purchase space from somewhere else. Thats the main thing.

• Either way you still need to backup to another server, so you have to buy external space be it a server or a service.

R1Soft does have the cPanel plugin that I think you want so your users can restore their data.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@BuyAds said:
    I must purchase space from somewhere else. Thats the main thing.

https://www.siteautobackup.com/

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

100 GB = $10/month is to much.

• BuyAds said: 100 GB = $10/month is to much.

Our R1Soft is $4/month for 100GB. Depending on volume, the price tails off from there.

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

The problem is i want to use own remote server to backup. I can get 1TB for $20 year.

• @BuyAds said:
    The problem is i want to use own remote server to backup. I can get 1TB for $20 year.

Where?

• BuyAds said: 1TB for $20 year.

There are lots of dirt cheap storage offerings, but unless that 1TB is from a company with some cash in the bank to sustain/scale it, then I really don't think it will survive very long.

If you want to do something like that, you could use our Slothosting product and just buy a disk, ship it to site and we'll mount it into a VPS for you.

• sinsin Member
    edited June 2015

BuyAds said: I must purchase space from somewhere else. Thats the main thing.

-edit- nevermind

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

@MarkTurner said:

And a free r1soft agent included? :)

• @BuyAds said:
    And a free r1soft agent included? :)

Where can you get 1TB for $20 per year? I'm quite curious.

• BuyAds said: And a free r1soft agent included? :)

No but you can probably get a discounted one with that Slot hosting service.