Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] E-mail Hosting Promo - $5/year (regularly $15)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] E-mail Hosting Promo - $5/year (regularly $15)

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited June 2015 in Offers

(Non-VPS offer approved by @mpkossen)

NOTE: Offer out of stock.

Hi everyone! If you don't know me, I run a small business that provides e-mail hosting for your domain. I'm here to offer you a hell of a deal for summer time! But first, let me introduce MXroute.

No longer must you be bound by:

• Running your own mail server.
  • Paying Google's per user fee.
  • Using shared hosting that only offers e-mail because cPanel supports it.

Here's why you want to use MXroute:

• Fully managed e-mail.
  • Fully managed, fully redundant DNS.
  • cPanel for user facing control panel (see below if that turns you off).
  • OwnCloud storage for EVERY e-mail address you create.
  • One block of storage for all your accounts, your choice how it gets used.
  • Backup relay (under maintenance, will be back to it's normal state by Friday)
  • Greylisting (can be toggled on or off)

We recently moved to cPanel because it is well known and updated by a dedicated and fully staffed team. I realize that cPanel based hosts are a dime a dozen, but you cannot simply install cPanel and be MXroute. A lot of work goes into the back end to ensure quality e-mail delivery, and we provide you with fully managed support via support tickets, Twitter, and text message.

Now, here's my insane offer for the summer of 2015!

Plan: SUMMER2015

Storage: 5GB

E-mail Accounts: Unlimited

Domains: Unlimited

Price: $5/year

Click here to order

When dealing with MXroute, I want you to feel like you are dealing with a trusted friend and not a large, uncaring corporation. MXroute is run by myself (Jarland Donnell), my best friend for 15 years (Ryan Arp), and my wife (Christine Donnell). We really look forward to doing business with more of the awesome people here at LET!

Comments

• SadySady Member

Mind blowing offer, have ordered this & will pay earlier today :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Jar how long does the offer last? Is there a certain amount available?

• This was already insane value at $15 a year... but now $5 a year??

I'm a happy customer, I get instant deliveries with it as well. There is literally no delay. Even some of the big providers have had delays of a minute to over two hours. MXRoute also has greatly increased my deliverability to inboxes and not getting caught in spam.

Which is good because I use it for my sites support emails.

@Jar has also been incredibly helpful with me for setting it all up. For the quality $5 for a year is a complete steal.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I have been always hearing a lot about Mx Route in LET & today i have the opportunity to experience Great offer @jar going to order one Now

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@telephone said:
    Jar how long does the offer last? Is there a certain amount available?

Most likely will be available for the next 60 days, unless I get so many orders that I'm uncomfortable with the volume. I always prefer to cut off orders rather than risk an inability to provide what I've sold, but there is no stock number set.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Can we use this service to send mail from our app to clients? Is there a monthly limit on how many emails per month? Looks like a great offer.

Thanked by 1jar
  • TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited June 2015

Just in time, was about to get it at regular price and told myself to wait till July then buy. The reason was personal the outcome is 3 years for the price of 1. Thanks @Jar.

By the way, do we get the same as the regular plans/customers? And is VestaCP still an option on top of cPanel?

Thanked by 2jar lostinwoods

@Dillybob said:
    Can we use this service to send mail from our app to clients? Is there a monthly limit on how many emails per month? Looks like a great offer.

You certainly can! There are no limits but I ask that you keep it reasonable. I expect that anyone needing to send volume e-mail is well aware that sending 500 e-mails to Gmail at once will absolutely result in Gmail blocking the sending server. I would intervene before it happened.

Thanked by 1Dillybob

TheOnlyDK said: By the way, do we get the same as the regular plans/customers? And is VestaCP still an option on top of cPanel?

It's technically a different plan but may as well be the same. VestaCP will not be used moving forward. The MX1 server continues to use it, but I'm not confident enough in the future of its development to rely on it as the customer facing panel moving forward.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited June 2015

Jar said: You certainly can! There are no limits but I ask that you keep it reasonable. I expect that anyone needing to send volume e-mail is well aware that sending 500 e-mails to Gmail at once will absolutely result in Gmail blocking the sending server. I would intervene before it happened.

Sweet! I was curious because I'd use this service under a forum system (for notifications) which would shred off some work for the server! Will definitely buy one here soon. The price is a steal as well, especially when in comparison of other email hostings (that I've seen personally :P).

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Dillybob said:
    forum system

If you spam and get the IP blacklisted, be prepared to get some DDoS "thank yous". :)

edited June 2015

TheOnlyDK said: get the IP blacklisted

Not on my watch :P

I filter outgoing mail as well, brutally, but if you're sending legit e-mail it will never bother you.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited June 2015

Great deal, I have the cybermonday deal ($10/y) and I'm very happy with the service. Highly recommended!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Jar said:
    I filter outgoing mail as well, brutally, but if you're sending legit e-mail it will never bother you.

I'm sure you will warn them if it's getting to the point a blacklist could occur.

• J1021J1021 Member

Can this be configured to work as a backup MX to compliment an existing solution?

@IThinkUFailed said:
    I'm sure you will warn them if it's getting to the point a blacklist could occur.

Definitely. Bash scripts that run on cron and curl to Pushover for increasing exim queues, constant monitoring of bounce errors in the exim log using eximstats. I definitely value IP reputation :)

@kcaj said:
    Can this be configured to work as a backup MX to compliment an existing solution?

Theoretically it could, but the result would be intermittent delivery between two services and I don't think that would be very desirable.

• J1021J1021 Member

Jar said: Theoretically it could, but the result would be intermittent delivery between two services and I don't think that would be very desirable.

cPanel has the option to do that, I'm just wondering if you have it setup so that I could configure that?

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member

Just wondering why people us it? Everyone have a cpanel account today and can create email accounts after they add a domain.

Am I missing something? Is this something else?

@kcaj said:
    cPanel has the option to do that, I'm just wondering if you have it setup so that I could configure that?

I'm not certain that I'm familiar with the cPanel feature that would allow it to relay for another server. Could you tell me more about it?

edited June 2015

@BuyAds said:
    Just wondering why people us it? Everyone have a cpanel account today and can create email accounts after they add a domain.

A shared hosting company provides e-mail because cPanel supports it. That is entirely different than focusing on mail features, improving on those features, and fully supporting those features. The only real similarity between the two is that the control panel looks the same. A normal shared host is not constantly tweaking global spam filters, manually reviewing bounce errors on a daily basis, constantly monitoring sending reputation, offering backup relay, offering fully managed support for e-mail specific features, etc.

Thanked by 2BuyAds Gallus
  • SadySady Member

Is catch all mail allowed? cPanel by default has that allowed.

@Sady said:
    Is catch all mail allowed? cPanel by default has that allowed.

It is. It might increase your incoming spam a bit. Sometimes the fake "To" address is the best identifier for some of these crafty spammers ;)

• MikyMiky Member

Happy customer here.... Highly recommended!

Thanked by 1jar
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Highly recommended.

Thanked by 1jar
  • windytime90windytime90 Member
    edited June 2015

Can I add more than one domain?

Sorry, found the answer. And purchased :D

edited June 2015

Added to original post:

PLEASE READ: If you want this offer you will need to order it as-is. I am receiving too many requests to manually make changes to accounts, provide partial refunds for cancelling other packages early, etc. While I would love to do this for everyone, it would make this promotion unsustainable to manually intervene on half of the orders and provide custom account solutions for everyone who asks.

Certainly you are welcome to order this and cancel another promotion, our system does not provide prorated refunds for this, and the time spent doing this manually would cause me to cut this promotion.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • J1021J1021 Member

Jar said: I'm not certain that I'm familiar with the cPanel feature that would allow it to relay for another server. Could you tell me more about it?

It's under "MX Entry" on the cPanel interface.

edited June 2015

kcaj said: It's under "MX Entry" on the cPanel interface.

Yeah, but if you set it to local exchanger then any mail originating from that server will be delivered locally and any mail that goes to your second MX first will land there, so you'll effectively have two inboxes for each account where mail could arrive at. It's ok with me of course, and that option is available (and active by default), but I would think it would be rather annoying.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • @BuyAds said:

This has a higher deliverability to inboxes and is desperate to your site completely meaning if your site is DDOS'd your mailbox isn't and you can still provide support.

Not to mention this increases the email deliverability rate vs shared hosting. More spammers use shared hosting as it's an all in one solution and less expenses. Where you're paying extra for this you're less likely to have spammers plus you have @Jar watching over it all.

Even if you only rarely use email for your domain it's a $5 cost for extra security.

Besides if your shared host is compromised you can update people via your external email and perhaps get your shared solution to block all emails on your account.

Still if shared hosting is all you have I guarantee you hit junk/spam a lot...

Thanked by 1jar