Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Favicon Proposal!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Favicon Proposal!

DillybobDillybob Member
edited June 2015 in General

So, I've been looking at the old favicon on LET and I think it has a great nostalgic value. But, I am proposing a new modern style that I made and would love to hear what the community thinks!

An example of what the new favicon will look like if the proposal is passed:

New Favicon Proposal!
  1. Do you like this new proposed favicon for LET?70 votes
    1. Yeah
      20.00%
    2. Nope
      80.00%

Comments

• Not a fan of it personally as I feel the big PC is geeky and techy where as the other is more like a MacBook which I feel doesn't fit as well...

• 4n0nx4n0nx Member

lowendtalk with a lowendicon :)

• IThinkUFailed said: Not a fan of it personally as I feel the big PC is geeky and techy where as the other is more like a MacBook which I feel doesn't fit as well...

Yeah just getting a feel at what you all think. Not going to judge anyone here for their opinions, thanks for the feedback!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

I like both, if it gets passed we will put it in the queue of things that require direct CC staff to action which will put it about 100 - 200 items behind the removing of the Debian 5 tutorial on LowEndBox :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AnthonySmith Coffee everywhere. You owe me a keyboard.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Dillybob said: a new modern style

Fuck off.

Nekki said: Coffee everywhere. You owe me a keyboard.

Pick one:

Thanked by 2Nekki Pwner
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I'll pay for it! (Keyboard that is).
    Need pics of old keyboard to prove that you actually are a user of said keyboard to rule out that it was a paid "review".

• ATHKATHK Member

@mikho said:
    I'll pay for it! (Keyboard that is).
    Need pics of old keyboard to prove that you actually are a user of said keyboard to rule out that it was a paid "review".

Lol!

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I actually own the bottom right logitech one and it's amazing, I just love it.

• @Dillybob has an awesome one, don't you? It was around $20.

• MikeInMikeIn Member

OFF TOPIC: @AnthonySmith Congrats on being our newest mod :) Enjoy the responsibility.

edited June 2015

MikeIn said: OFF TOPIC: @AnthonySmith Congrats on being our newest mod :) Enjoy the responsibility.

Thanks, been fun so far, I have been called a bad Canadian (not sure why that was an insult, maybe someone who is actually Canadian can tell me), and immature idiot, a liar, someone who can be bought or bribed and learned that it is near impossible to moderate anything here without ending up in a PM argument with people that will call black white just to prove a point.

I think the rules need an update :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    I think the rules need an update :)

But wouldn't that ruin the fun?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: I think the rules need an update :)

He's drunk with power already.

I bet we'll see Anthony's face as the new favicon.

Also just got a message from the lovely Strat wishing me a fond 'Fuck You' referencing this thread via the sales contact form, and turning his short and temporary 'calm down' ban in to a permanent one.

• AnthonySmith said: Also just got a message from the lovely Strat wishing me a fond 'Fuck You' referencing this thread via the sales contact form, and turning his short and temporary 'calm down' ban in to a permanent one.

I still don't get why he was so upset about you.

Traffic said: I still don't get why he was so upset about you.

He is convinced I was the one that deleted his first set of rant posts on someones offer, even after telling him it was not me he continued to reply as if it was me regardless, then he got mad that I considered them a rant or something like that and that was it, he clung on for the sake of clinging on made a general fool of himself ignored 2 warnings and then got banned.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited June 2015

@AnthonySmith Even in that case, why does it matter? In PM (he PM'd me after his posts were deleted) I already told him the posts could objectively considered offtopic at least, and to take it to the Cest Pit.

Any mod could have moved them, it's not that he was banned right then. And of course he's entitled to an opinion and to express it, but as I said that was not technically the proper place.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

I really don't like the new icon because I don't like you.

Thanked by 1testingtesting

Traffic said: Even in that case, why does it matter?

He just got rude and insulting, it was as it turns out just considered not respectful in an offer topic (not by me initially) he was invited to PM the OP to discuss his political views, but clearly had another agenda as he ignored this twice then direct warning to stop posting his political views/ related comments in that post, he ignored that too, he then started suggesting mods were being bribed etc, essentially the only thing he added to the community was bile, as such he was removed to calm down for a few days, now he still cant drop it the ban is permanent.

• @AnthonySmith I of course see the problem in that. Sorry, I wasn't clear before - by "Even in that case, why does it matter?" I meant "Why would it matter who exactly removed the posts placed in the wrong place?".

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Dillybob said: An example of what the new favicon will look like if the proposal is passed:

if they don't adopt your new icon will you go on a rant about LET and tell us all it's the worst website in the world for the next three years of your life?

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited June 2015

testingtesting said: if they don't adopt your new icon will you go on a rant about LET and tell us all it's the worst website in the world for the next three years of your life?

"If the future of LowEndTalk is dictated by a poor favicon.. we have a HUGE issue."

• @Dillybob said:
    I am proposing a new modern style

It's about a decade out of date to be a new modern style. Isn't the current cool thing to have a "flat" design?

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

• LeeLee Veteran

Dillybob said: I've been looking at the old favicon on LET

Sad fucker.

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited June 2015

This would be a better favicon lol