Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reverse proxy help needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reverse proxy help needed

arpanjotarpanjot Member

Hey Fellas

I am setting up a live radio station using icecast on a 256 mb vps without any DDOS protection.Once the station goes live,I am afraid the DDOS attacks will cause the vps to be null routed.Since I have a spare kimsufi ,I am trying to achieve the following setup:

A= the broadcasting server
B= Kimsufi
C = Visitors

What I want is ,all the traffic to be routed via B that is C>B>A so that in case of DDOS,the kimsufi takes the hit and the stream still keeps running.I am aware that this is possible by using a reverse proxy,but what I want to do is hide the source stream.Let's say the source stream by A is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/live. What I want is when someone browses the IP of kimsufi ie xxx.xxx.xxx/live ,this takes the stream broadcasted by A and forwards it to C without C knowing that A actually exists.The URL provided by kimsufi should be different than the original stream URL and I want the original stream URL to remain hidden however still be accessible to C via B

Looking forward to hear from the experts

Comments