Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM installation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM installation

4n0nx4n0nx Member

Hi,

I have never used KVM before at all. Do KVM VPS's usually come with a reinstall panel or do I always have to install the OS manually? How does one install an OS manually on a KVM VPS? [e.g. Ubuntu 14.04]

Thanks

Comments

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

Its very easy. You will get choices of the OS via SolusVM/Virtualizor , the vps control panel ) ; you simply need to select the preferred OS and click install.

it would be something like :

Thanked by 24n0nx getvps
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

XiNiX said: Its very easy. You will get choices of the OS via SolusVM ; you simply need to select the preferred OS and click install.

Well ok o.O But there are providers that force you to install manually from image, right?

Thanks!

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@4n0nx said:
    Thanks!

Most of them use SolusVM / Virtualizor or an Inhouse panel which more or less will provide all the necessary functions to manage your VPS.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • I know of one that would make you mount some sheet and as I could not make it myself he wanted something like 25 bucks for something he is obviously very familiar with and would help to get me started. Thankfully he provided a full refund

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member

Great, so I will always have to ask support before buying -_-

• did your provider provide you vps control panel? most of the case they provide SolusVM/Virtualizor.

many provider pre setup OS on KVM according to your choice OS while you ordered the KVM.

If they didn't setup the OS, then you can setup the OS from your Control panel. which @XiNiX already showed to you in first comment.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • @4n0nx said:
    Great, so I will always have to ask support before buying -_-

there's always money back guarantee...........

Thanked by 14n0nx