Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serverhub surprised me
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serverhub surprised me

elgselgs Member
edited June 2015 in Providers

I'm a new user with Serverhub. Friday evening I purchased a vps from them, opened two tickets regarding the server. I got pretty nice and responsive answers to the tickets. Everything seemed to be normal. Their servers are great in performance. I was happy with the vps I purchased. Then I purchased another higher spec server. That was about dinner time Friday evening. Then I wanted to cancel the first low spec server and use the higher spec server. So I opened another ticket for this matter. I never got any answer since then. It has been about 24 hours since I got the last reply from them. Yes, I understand it's weekend now. However, the problem was raised from my expectation because I read from their website: "24/7/365 Support 15 Minute Response Time'. I am not a pushy person. I just had some strange feeling how they just totally ignored my tickets and ignored their promise on their website. I then called the two phone numbers of their customer support found from their website. The calls kept me waiting forever on the line to listen to music. Then I tried to find more contact information from whois, then I called the numbers found from whois, no answer at all. I started to be scared, and I started to think if their office had been hijacked by Aliens. Till now I still hear absolute silence from them. I had a very positive experience with them when I purchased the first low spec server. But they really surprised me, not because of the 1 day waiting time, but the gap between their promise and the reality. I'm still totally new to Serverhub. Maybe I need to learn a little more about their protocols.

Comments

• cassacassa Member
    edited June 2015

Maybe sales isn't 24/7 ;)

• elgselgs Member
    edited June 2015

I opened the tickets on the general customer support. If I would not see the "24/7/365 Support 15 Minute Response Time" promise on their website, I would feel totally normal especially now in the weekend. But I'm now really scared if I put my important data on their server, is it going to be safe.

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows their protocol better?

• UmairUmair Member

All that for a mere cancellation of a low end vps ?? Seriously ???

Come on man ... Give them some time. Like the other guy said, sales might not be 24x7. (And cancellation are sales/billing matters not support)

• rokokrokok Member

You need to listen the music until the end :)

Patient

• elgselgs Member

OK, I will come back here to update on Monday.

• 24/7/365 support, but maybe not with sales.

• Mark_RMark_R Member

what kind of music?

• elgselgs Member
    edited June 2015

Right, my expectation might be raised by other vps providers, like Digital Ocean, Linode, Vultr, and a lot more. They usually reply ticket within minutes. Their support advertisement is more like a boast now.

• rds100rds100 Member

There is a difference between technical support and billing / accounting. Accountants and billing managers usually don't work on weekends.

• elgselgs Member

WOW, I just received the refund as I was talking here. Anyway, I appreciate their action.

• elgselgs Member

@rds100, right, I absolutely agreed with what you said. But a promise is a promise. Don't make a promise if it cannot be fulfilled, otherwise it's a boast. A more appropriate way I think would be to make it clear to the user. I really don't mind waiting a few days for these non critical, non machine related issue. However, getting ignored and hearing silence is another thing.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited June 2015

Just apply some common sense. "Support" usually means support on technical matters - server or network problems, etc. I.e. the things that need to be fixed quickly.

• They state 24/7 support, your ticket was not support related, even if you opened it under support, it still would have been left for someone in the billing team to deal with.

Maybe you should have got a reply saying been passed to billing, but wasn't to be expected.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • elgselgs Member

OK, all set. They sent me a long answer for my tickets. Essentially their tickets are categorized by departments. The billing department is not open during the weekends. Now misunderstanding is eliminated. I still appreciate their services.

• elgselgs Member

@rds100, I don't think it's a valid common sense. For me support means to have someone to talk to, either on phone, email or tickets. Not necessarily things have to be solved, but hearing silence definitely is not anywhere near support.

• KupolKupol Member

@elgs

You are a moron, if you think the billing department should be available 24/7 just to cancel your silly VPS. As being already said in this thread 24/7 support means technical support for issues that need to be solved. Not for some accountant to give you back your five bucks.

• cassacassa Member

@Umair said:

Give them some time. Like the other guy said, sales might not be 24x7.

"That guy" has a name

Thanked by 2elgs adxn
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

If America day time, in Europe and Asia night time, they may sleep a while :)

• cassacassa Member

@fitvpn said:
    If America day time, in Europe and Asia night time, they may sleep a while :)

The site is telling that they don't have to sleep though

Thanked by 1elgs
  • TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited June 2015

@elgs said:
    rds100, I don't think it's a valid common sense. For me support means to have someone to talk to, either on phone, email or tickets. Not necessarily things have to be solved, but hearing silence definitely is not anywhere near support.

If it's a none tech support related request, they CAN just forward your ticket to the correct dept and not reply you. It's not the tech's job to tell you how to submit a ticket in the right dept. They didn't say anything doesn't mean they are not there, maybe you should ask them how to login to the server via SSH, and then you will know they are there because they closed your ticket.

As for DO/Vultr etc they don't have all those depts and all dept transfers are done by their agents. SO they will say transferring you now, they will reply on Monday etc.

• I'm a ServerHub customer and have nothing but good things to say about them. My support tickets have always been answered in a timely manner. I'd say this isn't really a review, but more of how OP thinks his billing related ticket should be answered right away.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • elgselgs Member
    edited June 2015

@Kupol it's not about the 5 bucks, it's about trust. As I said I was totally new with this provider. Should I understand their protocols, there would be no such anxiety. Because I want to put my data on somewhere I feel comfortable with. Now I learned their protocol, and trust is established. Yes, I am a moron, and I hope you are not.

• elgselgs Member

@ub3rstar thanks. Glad to hear good review about them.

• @elgs if you buy vps form low end provider expect the support for same as digital ocean or linode as they have large user base and they can afford large support team. As support related to server like issues not booting or other related to server are important than sales. Waiting is key.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2015

@swapnilrlokhande said:
    elgs if you buy vps form low end provider expect the support for same as digital ocean or linode as they have large user base and they can afford large support team. As support related to server like issues not booting or other related to server are important than sales. Waiting is key.

Well, ServerHub are not really a lowend provider. They have been in the hosting industry for a long time.

As you righly pointed, often sales gets a lower priority but as far as i can see the major cause of the delay was the time i.e. the weekend and most hosts dont entertain Sales ( Even Tech Support ) in weekends.

• @Kupol said:
    elgs

You are a moron

Or just inexperienced. He wasn't bad mouthing the provider, just thinking out aloud. No need to go all hellfire on him.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member

cassa said: The site is telling that they don't have to sleep though

These 24/7 support fake most time, they all prefer go sleep than await for couple of stupid folks tonight.

• @cassa said:
    "That guy" has a name

His name was Robert Paulson.