Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best website montitor (free) - NEWRELIC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The best website montitor (free) - NEWRELIC

ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
edited June 2015 in Reviews

So.

I tried many monitor service for my critical websites. Main website , my servers etc.

Tried:

-Uptimerobot (false alerts sometimes)
-Monitority (free sms but sometimes  not get sms)
-Port-monitor (many false alert)
-Nixstats BETA (still in beta sometimes false alerts , np.)

So... i want more professional but dont know... i tried paid type and free type. Finally i found newrelic.com. Added my websites , and selected 1 min check interval and 4 locaton. So 4 location check it then alert me. This seems the best monitor. And free for the first 50 website , then its 69usd/mo

If you are interested... check it :) http://newrelic.com/synthetics

Thanks for your time :) Peter

( i am not a staff member of newrelic just i want.. to get everybody a better free solution as we know the price is a big lord)

Comments

• check out CloudStats.me too :)

Thanked by 1ZweiTiger
  • Nixstats is in beta. Report the issues

• @andrewn said:
    check out CloudStats.me too :)

I will!

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Nixstats is in beta. Report the issues

Yeah i know i edited the post

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • Is pingdom not good? I'm still using it, time to switch?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Is pingdom not good? I'm still using it, time to switch?

Well i use pingdom too. My apache was down yesterday for 2 minutes. Pingdom said its UP. Newrelic said its down i checked and really down..

Well you know. I switch to newrelic from pingdom too.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited June 2015

@ZweiTiger said:

My pingdom and uptimerobot are pretty accurate, they always report to me at the same time, only once I had a glitch with uptimerobot where my server was up and it reported down, and it stayed like that for some weeks, until I pause and reset.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

NewRelic is awsome. We use APM for app monitoring and performance testing (for Rage4 control panel) and agent based server monitoring (combined with PRTG) for all our servers (~200). It's not cheap but worth the money.

• sinsin Member

NewRelic is awesome, I use their Synthetics tool to monitor my websites (it's free and you can set it to 1 minute intervals from many locations) and their Server tool to monitor a few of my servers (it's nice that it installs only one package on Debian).

• Newrelic is a fantastic product, we use it extensively to monitor apps and track errors that occur in them. The free version gives you a taster, but the paid variant gives a tonne more useful data.